Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Sneakman

Can't wait for the D23 exclusive Figment pin that later ends up on eBay for $700 and for his costumed character to walk across the stage as applause bait 🤩
I am no insider, but I think imagineering is honestly afraid of redoing this attraction because of the expectations, and the project endlessly gets passed around from team to team hot potato, with ideas always never happening.

Cmdr_Crimson

They tease us with this video of him wandering around the studio...They have to give us an answer about it..
figment-entering-imagineering-building-new-ride-epcot-disney-world.jpg

Haymarket2008

Honestly? This is the answer of what it could be. I do feel like an Imagination 4 and Figment movie announcement would be a combo though....

Idk, all I can think of when I see this picture of him entering Imagineering is "Why even do this PR stunt if there's nothing to show for it?"

Moth

Idk, all I can think of when I see this picture of him entering Imagineering is "Why even do this PR stunt if there's nothing to show for it?"
I feel the ongoing development of the movie and constant rumors of Imagination 4 are feeding into each other. I feel whatever Imagination 4 ends up as will heavily tie into the movie, whatever it ends up being.

I know the Haunted Mansion movie didn't cause a complete redo of Mansion, but HM didn't really need one and even that got synergy thru Hatbox.

Homemade Imagineering

If the movie continues forward that is an almost 100% guarantee the attraction must change at some point. They’re not going to want this deranged HISTA synergy nightmare to exist alongside something that has no correlation to the film. Eric Idle & his institute are toast, there is no timeline where HISTA lives on in the parks in any form. Even despite it being a terrible attraction, there is no way they see HISTA as a relevant IP, so something must be done at some point. This attraction became severely disjointed the moment they stuck Figment bandaids all over an open wound. I’m getting a sense this will be a film announcement considering @Henry Mystic mentioned to keep a close eye on the film project, alongside his hint the other day

Cmdr_Crimson

Then why did they make this? What was the whole reason he went to the studios to wander around and for a brief moment and stand with the 2 writers of Said Figment Film?

Last edited:

Moth

It'd be extremely interesting if out of every development-hell Disney parks film we've heard of, Figment breaks thru the glass barrier and gets an official greenlight.

My main concern on it getting news at D23 is that film 'insiders' leak everything and anything, and that especially includes things like "Disney is approaching so and so to direct this film", and we've seen nothing on anyone being approached to direct this movie. Is it likely this type of scoop has escape the grasp of the clout-hungry movie 'scoopers' due to Figment's low popularity beyond the gates of WDW? Probably, and I'd believe that too.

My main wonder if it's still penned for Disney+ or if they want to pen it in for a theatrical release...

Sneakman

It'd be extremely interesting if out of every development-hell Disney parks film we've heard of, Figment breaks thru the glass barrier and gets an official greenlight.

My main concern on it getting news at D23 is that film 'insiders' leak everything and anything, and that especially includes things like "Disney is approaching so and so to direct this film", and we've seen nothing on anyone being approached to direct this movie. Is it likely this type of scoop has escape the grasp of the clout-hungry movie 'scoopers' due to Figment's low popularity beyond the gates of WDW? Probably, and I'd believe that too.

My main wonder if it's still penned for Disney+ or if they want to pen it in for a theatrical release...
Is this movie even still on? The two writers behind the movie supposedly are apparently now working on spaceballs 2 with mel brooks, which is not encouraging.

trainplane3

I think Figment will be talked about during the Studios panel where we get his movie announcement and possibly casting. With Seth Rogen involved, my bets are that he’s Dreamfinder. That or Chris Pratt.
Seth owns the production company. That does not mean he's in the film. He's handling the money and potentially input.

Sneakman

I still am somewhat conflicted about rumored cancelled muppet labs figment overhaul. I want figment and Dreamfidner to
Come back, but a muppet labs dark ride sounds like such a fun idea, and I would’ve liked to get a muppets ride. Hope a muppets ride isn’t out of the question

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom