Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Inspired Figment

What current voice of figment do you prefer? A.J. Locasio, His speedstorm voice actor, or Dave goelz from the current ride? I’m in the Dave goelz camp
Corey Burton (Journey Into YOUR Imagination appearances) camp. Sounds almost indistinguishable to Billy Barty’s OG performance, especially when mixed with Billy’s laughter, “yeahs”, and tiny bits of dialogue here & there. If he can still do it, I say go with him.

DreamfinderGuy

I don’t know if Dave returns for Imagination 4.0 or not. He doesn’t seem to have much attachment to the character, but since Muppets are under WDI he’d be really easy to bring back if they wanted to.
I hope not. A return to form for Journey into Imagination should mean a return to form for Figment's character as well. Something closer to his original voice would really do a lot for that.

Inspired Figment

At this juncture if ai voices can be used to make Walt Disney talk in the 100 exhibition. They can easily bring back Billy Barty back just like this guy did...

Still doesn’t sound right… the vocal delivery doesn’t sound natural. On top of it, really poor choice IMO to use Billy’s voice (let alone it being an ‘artificial’ recreation) for that totally out of character portrayal of Figment since 02 as a mischevious nuisance that farts in your face.. let alone that acronym ‘IFARTS’.. really?? Should be ‘IFOTA’ (I Photograph, for short), fits both the imagination theme, you’re making your own photographs with imagination and the OG sponsor/Kodak reference of photography and it’s association with expressing creative ideas.
Had they been accurate to the disrespectful ‘02 source material they’re referencing, they would’ve used an artificial recreation of Dave Goelz’s voice.. but even in that regard.. that’s completely disrespectful to Dave Goelz as a performer. (Breaks my heart still that they cast him in such a disrespectful “screw you Figment fans for interfering with our admittedly ill-conceived ‘99 Honey, I Shrunk IP-themed revamp” proxy ride basically when he is so great as Gonzo and other Henson characters)
Over reliance on AI & casting human imagination as an annoying nuisance or interference to the creative process is the ‘antithesis’, not a celebration of it.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Over reliance on AI is the anthesis of the human imagination, not a celebration of it.
Something I should mention too.. especially considering the fact ‘so’ many could perfectly impersonate Walt.. I’ll never understand why they felt like AI was the best choice to showcase Walt Disney in an exhibit. He, again, was a celebration of human imagination & creative talent.. not the antithesis of it. It’s so sad how overly cynical and soulless a once creative beacon of a company in the industry has become over the years. Sad.

Inspired Figment

AI voices are a bad idea. I'd rather they find an actual voice actor - Dave or Corey or somebody else - do Figment's voice.
Agreed, though I’d absolutely pick Corey if he can still do it. Whoever can best match the sound, flow & cadence of Billy Barty’s original performance.
Hate to say it, but IMO, Dave & AJ don’t quite cut it. No disrespect to them as performers. Could very well simply be the direction.. but their performances feel too forced and too “shouty” IMO. (Maybe to make up for the high pitch of his voice cause they can’t physically reach the pitch any other way??) It should feel natural… he’s a curious fella.. so it should come moreso from inside than outward per se. He actually speaks at normal volume but he’s high pitched. He’s constantly thinking up things, wanting to find out more. He’s enthusiastic (so he’s naturally pretty upbeat & happy) but also a physical representation of both a culmination of ideas come to fruition and our inner childlike curiosity & wonderment. So he’s capable of a lot of emotions actually, but again, he just tends to stick to being optimistic in his pursuit of creative endeavors. He’s less being preachy towards others per se about how “imagination works the best when it’s set free” and moreso wanting to constantly know & learn more himself about his own creative abilities and the abilities of imagination as a whole and how it can help others and the world all around him. That I feel is what the folks in charge either completely misunderstand writing/directing the newer material.. ‘or’ they simply don’t care nor want to understand it.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Corey Burton (Journey Into YOUR Imagination appearances) camp. Sounds almost indistinguishable to Billy Barty’s OG performance, especially when mixed with Billy’s laughter, “yeahs”, and tiny bits of dialogue here & there. If he can still do it, I say go with him.
Agreed. I'd say Corey first, AJ close second, and Dave in a multi-mile distant third. AJ is a good voice that feels slightly classic but having a fresh take on it but Corey is closer to Billy overall. I don't want to think about Dave voicing Figment again, it just isn't great sounding at all.

If they're working with AJ right now, I'd almost expect him to come back for this since it's easier to use talent readily available then trying to find a previous VA from decades ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom