Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Inspired Figment

I remember seeing somewhere that Dave said that he could do a Billy impression, but they went with pitch shifting his normal(?) voice instead. Would be curious to know how his natural Billy impression would sound like.
Yup, that was heard in an d23 podcast interview with him. He read that Billy Barty did the voice and initially was gonna do a Billy Barty impression, but the guy directing him at the recording session for the 02 version told him not to sound like Billy Barty but to come up with his own interpretation of the character. Really bizarre choice there, but Agreed, so would I! Everyone deserves a second chance, especially if they’re capable or can do the job right the 2nd time. If he can do something that sounds almost indistinguishable to Billy Barty’s performance like Corey did, then he absolutely should have another chance in regards to new Figment content

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Ultimately, I think the best course of action going forward for new Figment/Journey Into Imagination/related works would be to hold another audition for Figment and give the direction to really hone into the original 83-98 Billy Barty performance of the character as close as possible. Bring Corey, Dave, and AJ back if they’re interested in auditioning again. Whoever can sound the closest and does the performance justice should get the role and continue voicing the character going forward, for as long as they can still do him.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom