Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

DCLcruiser

I See where your going it's like when a university updates their Old Mascot for sleek and younger looking one...
EoZSy6DXYA4iS9R.jpg
img_2034-jpeg.742361
The head is too small. It's out of proportion.

Tha Realest

The days of worrying about him leaving are behind us, now it's just 'what do they do with him?'.
I wonder how much the gestating film project is keeping WDI at bay? Now, we saw the very public videos of Figment and his film creators touring WDI, but I wonder how much WDI is being directed to take a “wait and see” approach on how the project takes off/is received before we see any changes in the park.

FWIW, I loved Rogen’s take on Chip and Dale. A spiritual successor to Who Framed Roger Rabbit if there ever was one - and quite subversive as well.

Figments Friend

That M&G Character is even worse than I thought it looked when it was introduced.... That is just terrible! I would rater seen a very elaborate puppet type character in an appropriate size being controlled off-scene to make it feel like the character lives....not a sports mascot version. Yikes!!

I was told some time ago that this is exactly what was supposed to happen for the Figment meet n’ greet experience.
It was supposed to be a ‘living character’ puppeteered pint sized dragon, and not the colossal costumed ‘Figzilla 2.0’.

You can imagine my disappointment when the official reveal came last year and I realized they took the ‘easy road’ instead.
Disappointing, but this version of the characters looks far more like the original character which I appreciate.

I really, really wish they followed through with the ‘living character’.
Would have been a perfect match as far as the character and performance tech.
Disney just didn’t want to pay for all of that, plus the multiple CMs that would be required to operate it.
Things are ‘easier’ with just a costumed character….

Perhaps one day.

-

Figments Friend

I hate saying it, but outside of diehard fans... nobody is taking time out of their day for a Figment M&G. Not saying the character isn't popular, it obviously is, but people would rather "budget" their time wisely at the parks.

This past week I have been observing at EPCOT that many people seem to be taking time out of the morning and early afternoon to visit the Pavillion to ‘see the dragon’.
I’ve heard Guests say this, and I have surprisingly seen lines outside of the entrance door with half hour waits.
Unbelievable but true.

I could not believe my eyes, as this Attraction never has a long line or a long wait time.
But people are lining up regardless, mostly during the morning and first half of the afternoon.

My guess is people are riding the Attraction thinking they need to do so to meet the costumed character.
They don’t realize they can totally bypass that poor excuse for a ‘imaginative’ ride by walking through the gift shop out back.

-

aladdin2007

This past week I have been observing at EPCOT that many people seem to be taking time out of the morning and early afternoon to visit the Pavillion to ‘see the dragon’.
I’ve heard Guests say this, and I have surprisingly seen lines outside of the entrance door with half hour waits.
Unbelievable but true.

I could not believe my eyes, as this Attraction never has a long line or a long wait time.
But people are lining up regardless, mostly during the morning and first half of the afternoon.

My guess is people are riding the Attraction thinking they need to do so to meet the costumed character.
They don’t realize they can totally bypass that poor excuse for a ‘imaginative’ ride by walking through the gift shop out back.

-
maybe because its just there. Something easier to get into. Disney has made everything so complicated and difficult, this is one of the few things you can walk right up without paying extra for and get in in good time. Either that or they think its going somewhere soon when it isn't. I still don't think any changes are going to happen until after TestTrack and SE. With that said I also think they know its nearing deplorable outdated shape and they will have to address it. There is just bigger fish to fry in their eyes such as SE and the mess of the spine which hasn't gone over too well.

Earlie the Pearlie

Imagination is currently not listed under EPCOT rides on the Walt Disney World app, not even under temporarily closed. Is this a glitch?

UPDATE: Nevermind, it’s back

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Folks seem poised here for something they think is coming….

Might need to start a new thread -

✨ Imagination PAVILLION WATCH - 2024! ✨

We had the Epcot ‘WAND WATCH 2007’ which was an epic and joyous thread.
Then we had Hollywood Studios ‘BAH (Big *** Hat) WATCH’ a few years later….equally entertaining.

Time for another…hopefully soon.
😁

-

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

One thing that bugs me in the queue line is after the 02 refurb they never made a new queue intro with Nigel Channing in what to expect on the new version of the "open house." All it does is show Figment tampering with the light bulb logo while you wait in the line..I do wonder if they we're intending on adding a new introduction before you entered the ride but, was cut due to budgeting...Shame they could have just reused some clips since some rooms are still the same..But, if your not sure what I'm talking about here's @marni1971 video timestamped to the part in the queue line I'm referring to..

Homemade Imagineering

No. The goals and team for an Imagination 4 would be completely different.
Yup. Completely different situation, lower stakes, etc… although they still have to get this one right because whatever it might be will remain for decades to come. We’ve waited long enough for a proper rectification of their past mistakes and have been left in the dust these past 2 decades. If anything, TBA’s lukewarm reception should be used as a jumping point/motivating factor to make Imagination happen alot sooner, in order to win over fans who’ve felt like they’ve been betrayed. It’s a smart marketing move & Figment remains as popular as ever. I certainly hope we hear something at D23, Disney needs to at least commit to multiple things in time for Epic and this is an ideal time for that

Haymarket2008

Am I the only one slightly worried about how current WDI would handle a Figment overhaul after seeing the results of Bayou? With the current track record we'd get "Figment needs to find sparks...oh wait. They were you the while time!"

I wake up in a cold sweat about them announcing “Dreamfinder returns with his old pal Figment…..with the Toy Story Mania ride system and a shooting gallery!!!” and thinking that is even remotely a good idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom