Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Brer Panther

However, at some point the did fix the upside down TV. I think that's the extent of the repairs.
Speaking of the upside-down TV, does anybody know who did most of the animation on it? I know some of it is reused animation of Figment from the original attraction, but I think there's also some new animation in there.

Inspired Figment

Speaking of the upside-down TV, does anybody know who did most of the animation on it? I know some of it is reused animation of Figment from the original attraction, but I think there's also some new animation in there.
Not true, most of it is animation from the Science & Technology scene and the animations seen in the old Mirage activity up in the ImageWorks. i ‘do’ remember hearing that one of the animation directors was a guy that worked on Great Mouse Detective. Can’t remember his name though. Tom K. Morris I know has mentioned it before.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Please when you see this take the time to go to Guest Services and file a complaint. No action will be taken if people keep riding the rides without saying anything. Mentioning it to the CM on the ride really isn't going to do too much. Filing an official complaint with Guest Services is more important (but admittedly takes more effort, I agree).
I've had to do this a lot more than I used to for many things... Will Rogers in American Adventure just being a statue... Ursula spewing liquid out of her arm... Complete show scenes in Imagination not working...

...It is definitely getting more extreme. What is crazy is every time I go to a CM or guest relations about this stuff... They always either say something like "Again?" or they have that look about them that it is a regular complaint. Sad.

DoleWhipDrea

Honestly the best way to call out the poor maintenance nowadays is using social media and tagging WDW directly. I did it once for JIIwF (expressing how much it bums me out) and they responded and went to work fixing it. I don't like publicly blasting anyone but Disney still seems to care about their reputation in the public sphere.

It's not the guests' responsibility to keep them on top of maintenance, though. It's really not okay how badly it's gotten. Not just with this attraction, but the parks as a whole. Even DLR's shape over the holidays was disappointing, and they used to get most things fixed right away.

TikibirdLand

Honestly the best way to call out the poor maintenance nowadays is using social media and tagging WDW directly. I did it once for JIIwF (expressing how much it bums me out) and they responded and went to work fixing it. I don't like publicly blasting anyone but Disney still seems to care about their reputation in the public sphere.

It's not the guests' responsibility to keep them on top of maintenance, though. It's really not okay how badly it's gotten. Not just with this attraction, but the parks as a whole. Even DLR's shape over the holidays was disappointing, and they used to get most things fixed right away.
But, how did that work out? Is JIIwf any better today? I'm talking about stuff they could have fixed overnight...

Rodj

I take back everything I said. There was a stream today on JIIwF that shown the animatronics still in their lackluster state. Confused, I first thought they somehow reverted it back, but I rewatched the one stream I talked about before and found out that in that portion of the stream, they were in a bus and went to replay a portion of an older stream from 2018 which was on JIIwF. I should of watched through it more thoroughly before I started making the claims it got fixed. I knew it was too good to be true. But they did fix the scene timing issues, that's for sure.

Cmdr_Crimson

We must know who the Tiny Teal Dragon is.......You just can't pass this by and not ask this!
Screenshot_20220217-233807_Chrome.jpg

Rodj

The tweet got deleted, luckily I downloaded it.
I found interesting that the original animations have Figment’s wings/horns miscolored. I do wonder if the newer ones are Corey’s voice or Billy’s voice?

DoleWhipDrea

But, how did that work out? Is JIIwf any better today? I'm talking about stuff they could have fixed overnight...
Disney responded and the effects were fixed by the next time I visited (I went around a week after so I'm not sure how long it took.) But again, the same issues keep popping up eventually.

Inspired Figment

The tweet got deleted, luckily I downloaded it.
I found interesting that the original animations have Figment’s wings/horns miscolored. I do wonder if the newer ones are Corey’s voice or Billy’s voice?
Billy’s. Corey’s were done for the CG animations in ‘99-01’s Your Imagination.

TwilightZone

I've archived all the auctions (that I am aware of), so I made a little thread showcasing all of them
I decided to make a thread about these mysterious auction papers, uploaded onto ebay by a user called "durukzez". Judging by his ebay profile, this dude seems legit, he is an ex-imagineer who is selling old documents and the like from disney. One of the most intriguing to me is a copy of OC Weekly criticizing the "California Adventure" park.
gyUge6nj_t.png

The other of course, being the main subject/inspiration of this thread. The Imagination Papers. According to the title and description of the sales, these papers came from the "YOUR Imagination" variation of the attraction. Now at first glance, this may seem like a mistake because all of the concept papers feature Figment in one way or another, while the attraction is notable for a total lack of Figment due to an Eisner mandate. But due to how much this dude has collected and how accurate the collection has been so far (at least to a single glance at ebay), I think this is the real deal and one of the most baffling Disney Imagineering finds ever if I am right. Special thanks to @DreamfinderGuy's twitter for notifying me about this guy.

Now onto the archive I have gathered of the Imagination stuff specifically

KALEIDOSCOPE

2V5p3eXo_o.jpg

My best guess is this was meant for the finale or a modern day version of the original Imagework's magic Kaleidoscope.

IMAGINATION INSTITUTE LOGO
NGTe2ayx_o.jpg

Pretty standard stuff here, it's the logo but with figment's face

IMAGINATION SCANNER (forgive the image quality here)
PLOq2OST_t.jpg

Three Figments in the imagination scanner. Perhaps his new origin of being "found" by the imagination scanner would have played a larger role in the original pitch for the ride. Instead this information is only given in a brief pre-show video that would have been hard to come by, especially given the ride had often times zero line.

FIGMENT WITH A TUBA
A4DJIL2z_o.jpg

The best image of the bunch and the most dang-ing evidence for the "these are for the Journey into Imagination with Figment ride" theory, as that does have a "Figment's Music Maker" attraction, which has this exact model.
A4VJ3QgJ_t.png

However, I could see it being possible this model was made for the "YOUR Imagination" version as well, as that ride's queue featured Figment bugging Nigel (though unintentionally).

FIGMENT'S FUNHOUSE
niC4yCiN_o.jpg

The most bizarre of the document findings thus far. My best guess is that "Figment's Funhouse" is a cut attraction, rename, or retheme of the imageworks that just didn't make the cut.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom