Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Homemade Imagineering

I agree, Onward is the obvious choice to replace Figment. Bing Bong is soooo 2015. :p
🤣🤣🤣 wow... in all seriousness though, I am worried that Disney May choose onward as a replacement since it takes place in a fake fantasy world thing, where there are imaginary creatures or something, and it’s an IP. With that being said, hopefully they choose the obvious, smart decision, to restore it Back to the original.

Mainahman

🤣🤣🤣 wow... in all seriousness though, I am worried that Disney May choose onward as a replacement since it takes place in a fake fantasy world thing, where there are imaginary creatures or something, and it’s an IP. With that being said, hopefully they choose the obvious, smart decision, to restore it Back to the original.
Petes dragon Overlay CONFIRMED LOLOLOLOL

In all seriousness i want my Dreamfinder back!

DreamfinderGuy

@marni1971 Would you happen to possibly know if gutting the current imagination building would even work? I’m not sure if the entire building is up to code right now, to allow for such a drastic change. Then again, I don’t know a whole lot about construction, so I’m not sure what safety laws are required to allow for the gutting of buildings.
Image Works violated a bunch of codes for a time, but was brought up to code back in 2016. Same year that they did the same to Body Wars, which also violated many codes up until that point.

lazyboy97o

Image Works violated a bunch of codes for a time, but was brought up to code back in 2016. Same year that they did the same to Body Wars, which also violated many codes up until that point.
Even something "brought up to code" in 2016 can very easily still be deficient today, especially if the scope of work increases. Limited areas of work likely avoided triggering a Level III renovation.

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

We’re getting another Figment Funko Pop figure to be released on Saturday! This is my preferred “little chef!”

The more merchandise they release of him, the better our chances of him sticking around in Imagination :)
Yeah! And if chapek happens to get replaced due to the current mess with the parks management, then hopefully whoever replaces him understands that figment is a profitable character, rather than just shoving him aside for inside out or some other IP.

AdventureMP4z

Any chance of an October 1st announcement? I’ve heard that Brazil, Figment, and Coco will be announced that day. Not sure how valid just curious.

AdventureMP4z

Literally some random guy on Twitter. I’m just trying to get validation to see if it makes any sense... lol.

Homemade Imagineering

yes, probably. Just thought I’d come here to verify it since it does make a little sense.
Also if this were to be true, then Disney probably would’ve just announced it at D23. It would’ve made more sense since they would’ve gained a massive audience reaction from it. From August To October gives them 1
month to come up with a new V4 idea, Which is nearly not enough time to come up with a finalized, green-lit idea. I hope that clears some stuff up for you, it’s just something to think about👍. I would want this to be true, and maybe it is maybe it’s not, we will just have to see. I would definitely say to not get your hopes up, but you never know...

FigmentJedi

Also if this were to be true, then Disney probably would’ve just announced it at D23. It would’ve made more sense since they would’ve gained a massive audience reaction from it. From August To October gives them 1
month to come up with a new V4 idea, Which is nearly not enough time to come up with a finalized, green-lit idea. I hope that clears some stuff up for you, it’s just something to think about👍. I would want this to be true, and maybe it is maybe it’s not, we will just have to see. I would definitely say to not get your hopes up, but you never know...
Yeah, Imagination will probably be saved for when some of the stuff already seen in the preview projection mapping film opens, requiring new stuff to be swapped in.

Homemade Imagineering

From the new Birnbaum's Guide

I wouldn’t take it as a sign to worry. It just states that the CURRENT incarnation of the ride is subject to change in the next year, so when it refers to “details” it’s most likely referring to the current state of the ride and it’s elements (examples: imagination institute, Nigel Channing, etc...).

Hollywood 1939

I wouldn’t take it as a sign to worry. It just states that the CURRENT incarnation of the ride is subject to change in the next year, so when it refers to “details” it’s most likely referring to the current state of the ride and it’s elements (examples: imagination institute, Nigel Channing, etc...).
It could even refer to being closed for renovation at some point in 2020.

Homemade Imagineering

It could even refer to being closed for renovation at some point in 2020.
Yup! Although it seems like that won’t be the case since @marni1971 said we should expect imagination v4 to be finished at least by 2025, and it probably won’t take them from 2020 to 2025 to construct a new attraction. Also, it does day SUBJECT to change in 2020, so I am Definately not counting on anything to happen with imagination until at least 2021.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom