Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

KevinPage

With all the construction going on now and wanting to have it done for the 40th, it makes sense to NOT shut down an attraction in a park that doesn’t have many.

Plus, Disney knows that once the 40th hits they can then announce a redo of the pavilion and (assuming it’s a new Figment ride), that alone will be cause for celebration and a crazy positive media blitz even bigger than all the current changes generated.

So we’ve been patient for many a years, we can wait a few more (thinking positive thoughts)

Homemade Imagineering

With all the construction going on now and wanting to have it done for the 40th, it makes sense to NOT shut down an attraction in a park that doesn’t have many.

Plus, Disney knows that once the 40th hits they can then announce a redo of the pavilion and (assuming it’s a new Figment ride), that alone will be cause for celebration and a crazy positive media blitz even bigger than all the current changes generated.

So we’ve been patient for many a years, we can wait a few more (thinking positive thoughts)
I appreciate your optimism! 👍

Surferboy567

What about it? This honestly doesn't seem out of the ordinary for the Imagination pavilion currently.

The people love Figment but the company doesn't I told a cast member in the shop I love Figment and she said "maybe put in a good word at guest services"

...that part is the part that suprised me. Why wouldn’t they like him? He generates so much merch sales...why would the company “not like him”

Cmdr_Crimson

The people love Figment but the company doesn't I told a cast member in the shop I love Figment and she said "maybe put in a good word at guest services"

...that part is the part that suprised me. Why wouldn’t they like him? He generates so much merch sales...why would the company “not like him”
It's coming to the point that no one knows of him...🙄. Case in point by this person...

Homemade Imagineering

I mentioned this earlier, and that is that no one knew who figment and dreamfinder were before 1982. They were all original characters, and if Disney just puts the current imagination behind in the past along with figments current annoying personality, then they can reboot and reintroduce figment and dreamfinder, with their original personalities. Unfortunately, I’m not sure if Disney would want to do this now, due to the current management...

Surferboy567

It's coming to the point that no one knows of him...🙄. Case in point by this person...

I can’t believe I’m going to say this but...the best case to keep figment alive (if they aren’t going to bring Dreamfinder back) is to intergrate him with Inside Out...but that’s a story for another thread. This way we get to keep figment and then we have characters that people know of. Still can’t believe people wouldn’t know figment (guess it makes sense but Disney could just build up his character so he is known).

trainplane3

Talk to CMs in the attraction. I've had them repeat similar things to me. The general approach is to always put a word into GS about how much you like Figment. That applies to everything in WDW. If you REALLY like something then tell GS. Don't only use them to complain about issues.

"Our Figment is always at risk of going extinct"
"We couldn't save Dreamfinder so he's gone"
"Your purchase is going to the Save Figment Fund"

I wasn't trying to sound like a jerk but I've heard similar things said to me so maybe that's why it didn't seem like news. It's just kind of the attitude with the pavilion in general.

I like how someone got the "Do you know who Figment is?" survey so that was blowing up last night on Twitter...again...for the 5th time in 2 years.

Surferboy567

Talk to CMs in the attraction. I've had them repeat similar things to me. The general approach is to always put a word into GS about how much you like Figment. That applies to everything in WDW. If you REALLY like something then tell GS. Don't only use them to complain about issues.

"Our Figment is always at risk of going extinct"
"We couldn't save Dreamfinder so he's gone"
"Your purchase is going to the Save Figment Fund"

I wasn't trying to sound like a jerk but I've heard similar things said to me so maybe that's why it didn't seem like news. It's just kind of the attitude with the pavilion in general.

I like how someone got the "Do you know who Figment is?" survey so that was blowing up last night on Twitter...again...for the 5th time in 2 years.

yeah the whole survey thing wasn’t a big deal to be because I’ve seen it before. I haven’t heard it be actually said by cast members or anyone in the park. So that’s what surprised me, and yes CM’s don’t know jack, it was just weird to hear it verbally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom