Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

HMFan999

Troll.jpg

BACK! BACK! OVER THE FALLS!

Homemade Imagineering

Now that I think about it more, journey into imagination would fit better and make more sense in world celebration more than it did and it does in future world right now. Think about this, world celebration celebrates mankind’s achievements, and many of mankind’s achievements have been achieved through the use of imagination, and in fact, ALL OF DISNEY was built on imagination!!!!!!!!!!!!! It fits perfectly if you think about it, so if any of you are worried that it may not fit in world celebration, just think of this!

Phil12

I fully understand that Figment appeals to an older demographic and that nostalgia is strong. However, Disney needs to court a much wider and more contemporary audience. The Fox TV characters fit the bill perfectly but their ratings have gone way down. Disney needs to work on reviving those two franchises and EPCOT is the place to showcase these properties.

The great thing is they play well with both younger people and the oldsters that still like Figment. And the Fox characters are just naturals to promote the Food and Wine Festival as well as the other three EPCOT festivals:
Image result for family guy food and wine

alphac2005

I would actually love to see how a modern Dreamfinder AA would turn out. Garner Holt would be perfect to work on a future Dreamfinder AA. Especially since the Dreamfinder AAs from the original actually looked very expressive for 1982.
582914919_3ae3092347.jpg

For those unfamiliar with Garner Holt, they worked on the giant Maleficent for the current version of Disneyland's Fantasmic, and two shows at Tokyo Disneysea.

Garner Holt also worked on some audio animatronics that looked very advanced. Such as this AA for Howe Caverns.

Garner Holt does all of Disney’s AA work today. They outsourced it as of 2012.

FigmentJedi

I fully understand that Figment appeals to an older demographic and that nostalgia is strong. However, Disney needs to court a much wider and more contemporary audience. The Fox TV characters fit the bill perfectly but their ratings have gone way down. Disney needs to work on reviving those two franchises and EPCOT is the place to showcase these properties.

The great thing is they play well with both younger people and the oldsters that still like Figment. And the Fox characters are just naturals to promote the Food and Wine Festival as well as the other three EPCOT festivals:
You keep talking and all I hear is

DoleWhipDrea

At first I thought you were just trolling, but now I see that you really believe this.

You know that The Simpsons have entire lands on both the east and west coasts at Universal Studios, right? Even if Disney wanted to include them in the parks, it would be a long contractual nightmare and waiting game to get them there. Disney can’t have them there as long as Universal upkeeps these lands with their respective attractions, and by the time they potentially become available, the franchise will simply be far too old and the series will be over.

Family Guy stopped being funny years ago, and said humor is not appropriate for a Disney park. Guests ask for “more Disney” in the parks, and these FOX characters definitely don’t fit the bill. Disney is going to allow the shows to continue to be irreverent on tv, but the FOX acquisition was really for other properties.

As for Figment’s appeal, he’s always been popular with all age groups. Children walk around EPCOT with their Figment plush and joyfully sing, “Imaaaaaginaaaation, imaaaaaginaaaaation!” 2 new plushies of him debuted 1.5 months ago and both sold out in a few weeks, outselling the beloved big cheese (both in store AND online.) He’s a cute purple dragon that’s a mascot for the park, which is why both young and old love him. He’s not going anywhere.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
At first I thought you were just trolling, but now I see that you really believe this.

You know that The Simpsons have entire lands on both the east and west coasts at Universal Studios, right? Even if Disney wanted to include them in the parks, it would be a long contractual nightmare and waiting game to get them there. Disney can’t have them there as long as Universal upkeeps these lands with their respective attractions, and by the time they potentially become available, the franchise will simply be far too old and the series will be over.

Family Guy stopped being funny years ago, and said humor is not appropriate for a Disney park. Guests ask for “more Disney” in the parks, and these FOX characters definitely don’t fit the bill. Disney is going to allow the shows to continue to be irreverent on tv, but the FOX acquisition was really for other properties.

As for Figment’s appeal, he’s always been popular with all age groups. Children walk around EPCOT with their Figment plush and joyfully sing, “Imaaaaaginaaaation, imaaaaaginaaaaation!” 2 new plushies of him debuted 1.5 months ago and both sold out in a few weeks, outselling the beloved big cheese (both in store AND online.) He’s a cute purple dragon that’s a mascot for the park, which is why both young and old love him. He’s not going anywhere.

This. And this.

The Fox acquisition had nothing to do with trying to shove Fox IP into the parks. NOTHING. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. It was about streaming content for various platforms.

Homemade Imagineering

When time comes for this refurbishment, it will most likely result in the entire gutting of the bottom floor, although I’m not sure if that would be hazardous due to building constraints, since the building is older, and I don’t think it’s up to code, especially with the original imageworks upstairs. If gutting is what they go with, Disney will probably rebuild it as a trackless ride instead of an omnimover, which will allow them to have a lot of ride stops, similar to poohs hunny hunt over in tokyo, and possibly a more personalized, immersive experience, for example where dreamfinder and figment can talk to you up close while in your ride vehicle. Maybe one of you guys could give me your opinions on this...

OSUPhantom

*breaks out jackhammer to loosen turntable*
*acquires team of people to uncover the track in Imageworks*

Assuming they make a significant investment in the ride in the next 6-8 years as I've been seeing hear it seems they might as well go with a new trackless ride system. They seem to be getting more popular and I'm assuming advancements in engineering have made it somewhat less expensive than when it was new with Pooh's Honey Hunt.

brb1006

A jackhammer won’t help. The original rotation system is completely shot.
You know what, besides the ride itself. The entire pavilion from top (the upstairs area and the former "ImageWorks") to bottom (the gift shop where parts of the old Dreamfinder blimp was located) needs to be completely redesigned. Mainly gaining access to that old stairs section that guests see before they go on the ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You know what, besides the ride itself. The entire pavilion from top (the upstairs area and the former "ImageWorks") to bottom (the gift shop where parts of the old Dreamfinder blimp was located) needs to be completely redesigned. Mainly gaining access to that old stairs section that guests see before they go on the ride.
You mean the perfect, purpose built layout of the original ?

brb1006

You mean the perfect, purpose built layout of the original ?
Yeah that's what I was going for, hopefully if a new version of the ride gets built from scratch. They could find a way to make the interior look closer to the original layout. But that's doubtful at this point. But the murals found at the queue looked thousands times betters than the current version.
EPIdea%2B08.png

0305e52f97627997f80bb3495d481c10.jpg

1449107d0.jpg

1447105c0.jpg

figmentloadwall.jpg

Current state
226a38c71f79e8e322a44e66e7fcab49.jpg

o_1aelkj20ga2rgi5r8i198n1s7oe.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom