Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

tparris

I’m a little late, but I just wanted to say this. @marni1971 your tribute to Imag v1 literally brought my mom to tears. She loved EPCOT Center, and we were talking recently about Imagination and she was telling me about how in the 80s when she went often (she was 20 when EC opened) Imagination was so much better than it is now, as was the rest of the park. I decided to show her a few of your tributes, and she was so happy to be able to see it all again in such high quality. Thank you Martin, for the amazing content you have given and continue to give us.

Phil12

Figment and Dreamfinder are best forgotten. Kodak was the sponsor of the pavilion and Figment's colors were designed specifically to represent Kodak as opposed to Kodak's prime competitor Fuji. Of course, Kodak went bankrupt in 2012 and for all practical purposes both Dreamfinder and Figment went down with the ship. Disney characters associated with bankruptcy are not highly regarded.

tparris

Figment and Dreamfinder are best forgotten.
64A42FA4-B9C8-43AC-B328-99B91FB95C12.gif

alphac2005

Figment and Dreamfinder are best forgotten. Kodak was the sponsor of the pavilion and Figment's colors were designed specifically to represent Kodak as opposed to Kodak's prime competitor Fuji. Of course, Kodak went bankrupt in 2012 and for all practical purposes both Dreamfinder and Figment went down with the ship. Disney characters associated with bankruptcy are not highly regarded.
Is that the new talking point that's coming from Chappie and company?

MatheusPG

Went down with the ship? They were removed in 1998!

FigmentJedi

Look, it's you
d680938b86713808de07cf9570a6680a.jpg

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Nope.

Astro_Digital

If Disney does anything they can not restore the classic ride.
When they fixed ?? the attraction they cut the floor is half to have room for important things like selling you stuff and let the kid go wild.

The cut the track in half and closed the second floor.

peter11435

If Disney does anything they can not restore the classic ride.
When they fixed ?? the attraction they cut the floor is half to have room for important things like selling you stuff and let the kid go wild.

The cut the track in half and closed the second floor.
While I don’t think they will ever restore the original attraction nothing they did prevents them from bringing back the original. It just might be more challenging.

BlakeW39

brb1006

CloseLeadingIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif

I guess you missed the news about the success of the "Figment" comics by Marvel then. It even surprised the people at Disney themselves (especially from the west coast).

brb1006

Imagine an expressive dreamfinder animatronic like this!!!!!!!!!!! Now this is what I want to see!!!!!

I would actually love to see how a modern Dreamfinder AA would turn out. Garner Holt would be perfect to work on a future Dreamfinder AA. Especially since the Dreamfinder AAs from the original actually looked very expressive for 1982.
582914919_3ae3092347.jpg

For those unfamiliar with Garner Holt, they worked on the giant Maleficent for the current version of Disneyland's Fantasmic, and two shows at Tokyo Disneysea.

Garner Holt also worked on some audio animatronics that looked very advanced. Such as this AA for Howe Caverns.

Last edited:

brb1006

But now that Disney has The Simpsons and Family Guy, they don't need unpopular characters such as Figment:
Image result for family guy
Image result for the simpsons

That's even worse than the idea of Bing Bong/Inside Out replacing Figment! I don't want to see flipping Family Guy taking over the entire Imagination Pavilion. The entire ride would just be an endless colleciton of cutaway gags pocking fun at Dreamfinder and Figment and the old version in general. It worse would be Stewie using his time machine to travel to the previous incarnations of the ride and doing stupid stuff with the ride and the Imageworks!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom