Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Just saw Inside Out 2. Very good movie. Couldn't help thinking about WOL and how easy it would be to insert that IP into the whole pavilion. Memory Orbs on the walls, different "islands" in the middle, some other items from the sequel that I won't spoil as well. CC brought back Inside Out style and a new ride or even walk through. Keep it away from Imagination!

zipadee999

I wonder, will Charita and her magic projection screens be in charge of Imagination 4.0?
Hopefully Tony Baxter comes back like he said he’s always wanted to. My concern is that they’ll either refuse to invite him or use him like they ‘used’ him for TBA. However, I’d happily take Figment and Dreamfinder’s Runaway Railway over the current iteration. Not that I’d prefer that over a revised version of the original or something taking inspiration from Mystic Manor, but the bar is set so low with imagination V3, I feel that anything would be an upgrade. This is also my biggest concern, because V3 is so hated, Disney can do the bare minimum and still say ‘it’s better than what you had!’

dreamfinding

I’m stunned that photo hasn’t leaked yet. I know it has changed hands several times over the last year, but apparently the “keep it to yourself” honor system has kept it private. It’ll surface publicly eventually.
Yeah, I believe in the keep it (mostly) to yourself. I’m not going to drop the photo, purely because of that, but will discuss it because it is relevant to the thread.

I mean, there’s tons of backstage/illegal material out there. Not that it’s particularly interesting, but I’ve only been evac’d from one attraction and it was CoP 😵‍💫. Didn’t make for many interesting pictures.

Mickeynerd17

ağlayan-adam.gif

Rodj

Someone mentioned that Figment made another appearance in Inside Out 2. For anyone who watched it or is going to, was this the same art piece used before or was this different?

GenChi

Seeing Inside Out 2's projections keep going upward and upward and outperforming even the brightest predictions is the absolute nightmare scenario for Figment fans it feels. They'll want a ride ASAP, Epcot is where they keep talking about taking the IP, and sure there's many scenarios like taking over WOL or Magic Eye that might happen, but it really can't be ruled out they go for the quickest revamp option of taking over JII and either co-sharing with Figment or kicking him down to Magic Eye. We can be told that won't happen but we know leadership's minds can flip quickly, and something this big might make alienating the diehard park fans be outweighed.

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Hopefully Tony Baxter comes back like he said he’s always wanted to. My concern is that they’ll either refuse to invite him or use him like they ‘used’ him for TBA. However, I’d happily take Figment and Dreamfinder’s Runaway Railway over the current iteration. Not that I’d prefer that over a revised version of the original or something taking inspiration from Mystic Manor, but the bar is set so low with imagination V3, I feel that anything would be an upgrade. This is also my biggest concern, because V3 is so hated, Disney can do the bare minimum and still say ‘it’s better than what you had!’
Disney basically told Tony to get lost after the Bayou Adventure development fiasco so I would be very surprised if he comes back

Homemade Imagineering

Seeing Inside Out 2's projections keep going upward and upward and outperforming even the brightest predictions is the absolute nightmare scenario for Figment fans it feels. They'll want a ride ASAP, Epcot is where they keep talking about taking the IP, and sure there's many scenarios like taking over WOL or Magic Eye that might happen, but it really can't be ruled out they go for the quickest revamp option of taking over JOI and either co-sharing with Figment or kicking him down to Magic Eye. We can be told that won't happen but we know leadership's minds can flip quickly, and something this big might make alienating the diehard park fans be outweighed.
Yep, I’m still concerned as much as I love Inside Out

Moth

For the last time.

No. Inside Out is not taking over Journey Into Imagination. Magic Eye and Wonders of Life is on the table. But Figment will maintain being the star of the ride. Disney is aware of his popularity and the backlash they would receive if they took him out, especially after the last 5 years or so of ramping up giving him a more prominent role and ESPECIALLY after giving him a new Meet and Greet.

stop fear mongering.

Figment is not going anywhere. He's recently made his first two non-park appearances (outside of the comic) in a children's book and Disney SpeedStorm. Slap on continued investment into the character thru festival merch and the meet and greet, and that is not a character on the way out. Figment has a level of protection seen in things like the Tiki Birds and Haunted Mansion.

The absolute worst case, mind-numbing scenario is a crossover ride, but that's NEVER been on the table.

Figment is safe. Inside Out placement is aimed at Magic Eye or Wonders of Life, with both focusing on the same end goal (an AA focused show akin to Cranium Command).

Last edited:

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Do you know if it’s specifically coming to the Imagination Pavilion or something else? If I had to guess with Disney’s level of thinking, I would imagine they have Inside Out take over Wonders of Life, while Imagination gets the “shorter” end of the stick with a cheaper overhaul.
I genuinely don't know details about the EPCOT projects, unlike some others. I just heard from some people who are familiar with the short, long-term, and blue sky plans for the park.

eddie104

For the last time.

No. Inside Out is not taking over Journey Into Imagination. Magic Eye and Wonders of Life is on the table. But Figment will maintain being the star of the ride. Disney is aware of his popularity and the backlash they would receive if they took him out, especially after the last 5 years or so of ramping up giving him a more prominent role and ESPECIALLY after giving him a new Meet and Greet.

stop fear mongering.

Figment is not going anywhere. He's recently made his first two non-park appearances (outside of the comic) in a children's book and Disney SpeedStorm. Slap on continued investment into the character thru festival merch and the meet and greet, and that is not a character on the way out. Figment has a level of protection seen in things like the Tiki Birds and Haunted Mansion.

The absolute worst case, mind-numbing scenario is a crossover ride, but that's NEVER been on the table.

Figment is safe. Inside Out placement is aimed at Magic Eye or Wonders of Life, with both focusing on the same end goal (an AA focused show akin to Cranium Command).
So if Inside Out took over the WoL pavilion would it be a Cranium Command type show and a new ride that replaces Body Wars?

Gusey

How tall is Emotional Whirlwind at DCA? And chance that could it inside of the main pavilion of WoL, becoming a centerpiece whilst also adding Epcot's first flat rides? If not, they could probably use the moulds for the characters and memory walls that they made for DCA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom