Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Moth

Like I said before, expect both new experiences for Figment and Inside Out at EPCOT over the coming years. I don’t exactly know the timelines of these projects but there are intentions to overhaul the entire Imagination pavilion, and if I was a betting man, I’d think the ride changes wouldn’t be ready for the public until after BBT phase 1/AK/HWS/SSE/TT are completed at the earliest.
Collaborating~

SSE->Magic Eye->Journey Into Imagination.

Rough plans is to have Magic Eye open as the ride is being redone.

The goal is EPCOT50, and that's fine.

Disney Short Film Festival has next year or the year after left.

Brer Oswald

Disney has internally been extraordinarily confident in the movie for months. It’s already been a go, but this could push up the timeline and scale, you never know. There are just so many projects planned that it’ll be interesting to see how many concurrently they are willing to do.
Do you know if it’s specifically coming to the Imagination Pavilion or something else? If I had to guess with Disney’s level of thinking, I would imagine they have Inside Out take over Wonders of Life, while Imagination gets the “shorter” end of the stick with a cheaper overhaul.

seabasket

Do you know if it’s specifically coming to the Imagination Pavilion or something else? If I had to guess with Disney’s level of thinking, I would imagine they have Inside Out take over Wonders of Life, while Imagination gets the “shorter” end of the stick with a cheaper overhaul.
Honestly, if I had to guess, I think Inside out would specifically take over the WOL Cranium Command theater..... and then Figment would get the "short-end-of-the-stick" refurb.

MerlinTheGoat

If Inside Out has to go into Epcot, only WOL makes any damn sense. It could be done relatively easily, cheaply and quickly. And it probably wouldn't be considered a negative for many people. Would also restore some of the park's lost capacity. Assuming the pavilion is still in good enough condition to be usable. I haven't been in there for about a decade since they last used it for Festival space, so I can't say what sort of state it's in currently. But the main central space actually seemed to be in pretty good shape at the time.

Let Figment and Dreamfinder take back the Imagination pavilion and give it the proper money and care it deserves.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

If Inside Out has to go into Epcot, only WOL makes any damn sense. It could be done relatively easily, cheaply and quickly. And it probably wouldn't be considered a negative for many people. Would also restore some of the park's lost capacity. Assuming the pavilion is still in good enough condition to be usable. I haven't been in there for about a decade since they last used it for Festival space, so I can't say what sort of state it's in currently. But the main central space actually seemed to be in pretty good shape at the time.
It is also, like, exactly the right architecture, and the screens they had already planned for the interior work perfectly with it. Just make the interior headquarters with projections of the islands and some interactive exhibits and play areas related to the emotions. Then make the theater experience boarding the Train of Thought to explore the islands and memory dump.

MerlinTheGoat

It is also, like, exactly the right architecture, and the screens they had already planned for the interior work perfectly with it. Just make the interior headquarters with projections of the islands and some interactive exhibits and play areas related to the emotions. Then make the theater experience boarding the Train of Thought to explore the islands and memory dump.
Indeed, I was also going to mention how the various kiosks in the main lobby would work perfectly for the various islands. I mean, talk about a stupidly obvious and easy win to use Inside Out there...

In the Parks
No

Let Figment and Dreamfinder take back the Imagination pavilion and give it the proper money and care it deserves.
Wasn’t much of the interior of WoL already gutted though? @DreamfinderGuy did you say this? How much of the CC Theater is still intact?

MerlinTheGoat

I don't think it matters if the pavilion was gutted. And they probably did remove a lot of remaining stuff in prep for the Play pavilion overlay.

Incidentally, I believe WOL's roof was fully replaced between 2018-2020. So there's a good chance they fixed any instances of leaking that may have been happening.

Bocabear

ugh the Image Works...a dusty tiny shadow of what it once was...not even really an image works anymore. I am sure hoping that when they do the new version of Imagination (which I hope they will) they will address the Image Works and really do something amazing for it... The Imagination Pavilion should be jaw-droppingly amazing at every turn...Currently It looks like it was the model for the new Communicore Hall....lol

dreamfinding

I don't think it matters if the pavilion was gutted. And they probably did remove a lot of remaining stuff in prep for the Play pavilion overlay.
Wasn’t much of the interior of WoL already gutted though? @DreamfinderGuy did you say this? How much of the CC Theater is still intact?
Not DFG, but I have seen a photo of the inside of WoL from around this time last year. It is bare bones in there. I was told (by a reputable source) that all of CC is gone (as in stage and all). All that remains of BW is the queue.

_caleb

If they're ever going to actually do anything more with Figment, I think they should launch it with shorts on D+. Give him a personality, a backstory, and a reason to care about him.

MerlinTheGoat

Not DFG, but I have seen a photo of the inside of WoL from around this time last year. It is bare bones in there. I was told (by a reputable source) that all of CC is gone (as in stage and all). All that remains of BW is the queue.
Did they tear up the tile flooring, planters, ramps, railing and carpets as well? Or did they just remove the kiosks and other theming? They'd basically need to rebuild all new scenery regardless. Even the theater would pretty much need to be entirely redone to look suitably like Inside Out's console.

dreamfinding

Did they tear up the tile flooring, planters, ramps, railing and carpets as well? Or did they just remove the kiosks and other theming? They'd basically need to rebuild all new scenery regardless. Even the theater would pretty much need to be entirely redone to look suitably like Inside Out's console.
I can’t answer specifically as to what (if anything) is left. Not that I’m withholding info, I just don’t have the info.

MerlinTheGoat

Thanks. Still doesn't matter to me regardless of how much of WOL's interiors are left or not, that pavilion has remained empty quite long enough. If the original WOL can't return and there HAS to be an IP in there, then Inside Out is the best and only choice. It's the spiritual successor to Cranium Command and both had major involvement from Pete Docter.

DreamfinderGuy

Very little. The outer walls are there (with wall carpet still, even!) as well as the preshow theatre (minus the leftmost wall). The stage is gone, the railing that surrounded it is still there mainly as a protective measure to keep people from falling into the empty pit where it used to be. Ceilings are all gone as well. That said, the foundations are still there, and a similar theatre could easily be rebuilt.
I’m stunned that photo hasn’t leaked yet. I know it has changed hands several times over the last year, but apparently the “keep it to yourself” honor system has kept it private. It’ll surface publicly eventually.
What makes me most upset is that most everything worth saving for archival purposes was stolen by urban explorers.
Don’t be. Everything that was left in Wonders at the time of construction starting (with exception to two signs tagged for archival) was destroyed. Yes stealing is bad, but if the items that were stolen from WoL weren’t stolen they would no longer exist.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom