Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

DreamfinderGuy

When you say audio/video is gone, do you mean the hardware like projectors and speakers were removed, or do you mean all of the original media tapes/files have been destroyed or lost?
A bit of both. The physical hardware, being the projectors and speakers, were removed in 2007. A full revamp of SSE's media systems that same year included the removal of everything that had played in the attraction before (with notable exception to the film projectors, which were simply too much of a hassle to remove and just ended up shut off. The Chariot projector had to be disassembled in place and hauled off in pieces earlier this year). Only what was relevant to reinstall was reinstalled. Just because it's gone from SSE doesn't mean its gone for good though, I'm sure it's all rotting on a server somewhere in Glendale.

Tha Realest

Not sure how this affects the project’s viability or timetable, but Josh Gad just posted a submitted script he just finished with Dan Hernandez and Benji Samit that may or may not be Spaceballs 2. Now, screenwriters can multitask, but it seems that’s been a priority for them lately (possibly to the exclusion of their Figment project).

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Not sure how this affects the project’s viability or timetable, but Josh Gad just posted a submitted script he just finished with Dan Hernandez and Benji Samit that may or may not be Spaceballs 2. Now, screenwriters can multitask, but it seems that’s been a priority for them lately (possibly to the exclusion of their Figment project).
The Search for More Money?

Rodj

One thing that I'm not sure if someone pointed out before, but for quite a bit now(since late 2010's), the audio for the finale scene has been "incomplete", in that not all of the Figment voice speakers are working for the song.
From what I observed, each speaker for Figment's lines plays a different take/tone, some are more higher pitched and some are more lower pitched. Videos back around 2002/2003 shown that there was a good mix of them and it was lively, but currently, there seems to be only around 2 or 3 of them working.
One of them is the deep toned/unenthusiastic Figment voice, which is playing towards the start of the scene, and it's what you primarily hear if you are sitting further back. It's quite hilarious to me when there is a hold up like in this video where you hear that deep voice for the extended part of the song. It's also hilarious how the Channing moon projection will pause itself on Eric giving you a straight face after the first iteration of the song loop is over.

For comparison, here is a video from 2003 where the finale had all of its speakers working, it sounds much more lively:

Last edited:

WeNamedTheDogIndiana

One thing that I'm not sure if someone pointed out before, but for quite a bit now(since late 2010's), the audio for the finale scene has been "incomplete", in that not all of the Figment voice speakers are working for the song.
From what I observed, each speaker for Figment's lines plays a different take/tone, some are more higher pitched and some are more lower pitched. Videos back around 2002/2003 shown that there was a good mix of them and it was lively, but currently, there seems to be only around 2 or 3 of them working.
One of them is the deep toned/unenthusiastic Figment voice, which is playing towards the start of the scene, and it's what you primarily hear if you are sitting further back. It's quite hilarious to me when there is a hold up like in this video where you hear that deep voice for the extended part of the song. It's also hilarious how the Channing moon projection will pause itself on Eric giving you a straight face after the first iteration of the song loop is over.

For comparison, here is a video from 2003 where the finale had all of its speakers working, it sounds much more lively:

To me, that just sounds more like an alto is in charge of the mix and determined to have her say for once!

But in all seriousness, yeah. Even if some people in maintenance do care about this attraction enough to occasionally fix up a Figment animatronic, there aren't enough of them to keep this shambling mess running much longer.

In the Parks
No
Wayfair opened their first-ever brick-and-mortar store a few weeks ago here in the Chicago area and I paid them a visit today. I was hoping to see Dreamfinder and his Dream Mobile, but all I could find was this cheap imitation, The Dream Center!
image000000 (11).jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

I've just realised, the Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival marks its 10th anniversary at Epcot next year. How has nothing replaced it yet?
HISTA should have come back instead..But noooo they think the Disney+ Snooze Fest is a good idea to keep running..If their not gonna do anything with the pavilion just put the film that fit the institute theme..

Homemade Imagineering

Great, now I know how they’re gonna bait us into thinking they’re fixing the ride this year😭
In all seriousness I’m happy to hear Magic Eye might finally get some attention. I just hope it’s at least related to Figment or the original attraction in some way, Inside Out is fine IF and ONLY if if stays in Magic Eye (if that’s what they’re planning on doing)

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Like I said before, expect both new experiences for Figment and Inside Out at EPCOT over the coming years. I don’t exactly know the timelines of these projects but there are intentions to overhaul the entire Imagination pavilion, and if I was a betting man, I’d think the ride changes wouldn’t be ready for the public until after BBT phase 1/AK/HWS/SSE/TT are completed at the earliest.

Last edited:

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Well Inside Out 2 is projected to make 140 mill this weekend now. I’m guessing this projection is a go lol
Disney has internally been extraordinarily confident in the movie for months. It’s already been a go, but this could push up the timeline and scale, you never know. There are just so many projects planned that it’ll be interesting to see how many concurrently they are willing to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom