Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Anteater

There's a better pin for this....
WDW-Hidden-Mickey-Completer-Sad-Figment-Disney-Pin.jpg
me too, Figment, me too.

SailorMercury

Journey into Imagination with Figment is now officially 20 years old.

Boy, what a ride it's been.
It’s the version of Imagination I grew up on so I have a soft spot for it. That being said, it should not be the longest running version of the attraction and very close to becoming the longest running attraction at EPCOT.

Nautilus

It’s the version of Imagination I grew up on so I have a soft spot for it. That being said, it should not be the longest running version of the attraction and very close to becoming the longest running attraction at EPCOT.
Interesting thought... what is the longest running unchanged attraction at Epcot? Is it this iteration of Journey? When did Living with the Land lose the onboard cast member narrators?

EPCOT-O.G.

Interesting thought... what is the longest running unchanged attraction at Epcot? Is it this iteration of Journey? When did Living with the Land lose the onboard cast member narrators?
I think The American Adventure has been largely unchanged, with the last major addition occurring in 1993 (if you don't count various updates to the Golden Dreams montage)

Nautilus

I think The American Adventure has been largely unchanged, with the last major addition occurring in 1993 (if you don't count various updates to the Golden Dreams montage)
Hmm.. If it wasn't for the various updates to the Golden Dreams montage maybe that would be the one... Has the current iteration of Journey into Imagination with Figment had any changes at all though (temporary Christmas sweater doesn't count)? Crazy to think that really might be the one with the least current updates/changes.

trainplane3

Hmm.. If it wasn't for the various updates to the Golden Dreams montage maybe that would be the one... Has the current iteration of Journey into Imagination with Figment had any changes at all though (temporary Christmas sweater doesn't count)? Crazy to think that really might be the one with the least current updates/changes.
Many changes!
- Projector gets mis-angled
- Projector gets re-aligned
- Projector bulb burns out

Really, it's been the same sad excuse for 20 years.

dhslxop

Did Impressions de France have any significant updates from 1982 - 2020 when the Beauty and the Beast sing-a-long opened? I'm not sure if they ever did any recording or film updates.

aladdin2007

Did Impressions de France have any significant updates from 1982 - 2020 when the Beauty and the Beast sing-a-long opened? I'm not sure if they ever did any recording or film updates.
I think its only change was being switched to digital. But who would know anymore since its so nice of them to hardly show it. :banghead:
and one showing at night does not count. its sad.

Mickeynerd17

Actually, some green light effects (in the transition from sound to sight) and the door out of sound have been deactivated since 2002 along with the usual maintenance problems and old animatronics/ride vehicles/abused 1983 track.

As for the image works, it started going downhill after the loss of Kodak sponsorship (all the shuttered photo rooms). Compared to 2002, it's virtually empty and what's left doesn't work like it used to.

All in all, this ride should've kicked the bucket 10 years ago at least, but here we are.

Dragonman

Actually, some green light effects (in the transition from sound to sight) and the door out of sound have been deactivated since 2002 along with the usual maintenance problems and old animatronics/ride vehicles/abused 1983 track.

As for the image works, it started going downhill after the loss of Kodak sponsorship (all the shuttered photo rooms). Compared to 2002, it's virtually empty and what's left doesn't work like it used to.

All in all, this ride should've kicked the bucket 10 years ago at least, but here we are.
Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like anyone company-wise wants to update it again, they know Figment sells merch but they don’t bother with the actual attraction.

Maybe if Kodak wasn’t in financial trouble during the late 90’s/early 2000’s we could’ve got a much better update that stayed true to the original version.

EPCOT-O.G.

I go back and forth on whether they should just close it or keep it going. It's pretty painful to see its current iteration, but worry if they close it altogether that makes it less likely it's going to get the refurb it needs, and would instead be bulldozed for whatever the latest flavor-of-the-day IP gets shoehorned in there.

Nautilus

Well.... blah. Just broken, deactivated, sad things that may or may not count as it being the longest running unchanged attraction at Epcot. I suppose we should be glad that it doesn't rely on projections? I mean, at least Figment's face is never a blue screen. Though a 404 in place of the Nigel moon would be...something..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom