Festival of the Lion King moving to Africa

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
But as die hard fans, our opinions are biased. I have seen no evidence that the Avatar idea is universally disliked beyond the fan community.
This^^^^
The 99% of the people not on this board could care less if the expansion at AK is Pandora, Beasley Kingdom or Wonder Pets. If the attractions and the environmental is good, they will come.

Bparso87

I don't understand avatar at all in the parks I am not a fan of the movie and do ppl still care about the movie man think of LOTR land in animal kingdom that would be a lot better then pandora.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't understand avatar at all in the parks I am not a fan of the movie and do ppl still care about the movie man think of LOTR land in animal kingdom that would be a lot better then pandora.

Unfortunately, the Tolkien estate is very unwilling to give out those rights.

twebber55

i would say they chose avatar for
high gross
great visuals
movie about living in harmony in nature, conservation

just my opinion why they chose it

doctornick

But as die hard fans, our opinions are biased. I have seen no evidence that the Avatar idea is universally disliked beyond the fan community.
i think a lot more people like the idea than you think or at least will give pandora a chance....protesters are always the loudest be it the wacko tree huggers or the wacko tea partyers
This^^^^
The 99% of the people not on this board could care less if the expansion at AK is Pandora, Beasley Kingdom or Wonder Pets. If the attractions and the environmental is good, they will come.
Agree with all this. The vast majority of guests to WDW would be happy with Pandora or any other expansion that adds new attractions. It's a very narrow focus of people who worry about whether it fits the theme of the park or whether Avatar has cultural significant; most people just want a cool new ride.

Furthermore, it's silly IMHO to think that most guests would not like Pandora but would be excited with a non-IP concept like Beastly Kingdomme. Honestly, a good attraction trumps all, but given the choice I think the generic WDW guest (for better or worse) enjoys having something themed to a franchise they are familiar with. I don't agree with it and I love the stuff developed just for the parks, but it is what it is.

Bparso87

Yes I know they won't sell they actually hate the movies to which I think is fantastic. Avatar is great looking but it is Pocahontas with blue ppl.

doctornick

Avatar is great looking but it is Pocahontas with blue ppl.

Yeah, and?

Avatar is a movie with a trite plot and forgettable characters... but with great, memorable visual effects and scenery. Making a theme park land based on exploring the detailed environment of the world of Pandora -- and I think most everyone can agree that it is the visuals that made Avatar a mega-blockbuster -- with the conservation theme that permeates both the movie and DAK makes perfect sense.

twebber55

I would like them to wait till the next movie comes out if it is just as good go head with it but a whole land for a movie with great visual does not make sense to me.
theme park lands to me are all about visuals..i mean carsland looks great because of the visuals not because of the decent storyline of the movie

iheartdisney91

i wish they didn't take the "Avatar" idea, but instead just made a mythological, fantasy- ish portion of the park. (like Beastly Kingdom) Something that's 100% Disney original. .....adding magic to this park is what AK needs IMO

iheartdisney91

I would like them to wait till the next movie comes out if it is just as good go head with it but a whole land for a movie with great visual does not make sense to me.

dont worry, i don't think i'll ever understand it either.
i'm all for a "fantasy-ish" portion. Just NOT Avatar. something new that
Disney can create.

Bparso87

I mean oz great and powerful looks great on screen so far from what I see does that mean it should have a land. I want more in animal kingdom don't care what it is love the park needs more love that is all I care about.

iheartdisney91

I mean oz great and powerful looks great on screen so far from what I see does that mean it should have a land. I want more in animal kingdom don't care what it is love the park needs more love that is all I care about.
exactly.
AK needs something...
it's my least favorite outta the 4 parks.

.... i just don't think "Avatar" is the answer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom