Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

FerretAfros

WOW... they send the parade out missing entire units? I've rarely, if ever, seen DLR do that, unless there was some sort of emergency before step-off.
I never saw the DLR parade dept. send out DEP with missing units while running at DCA.
I saw it happen several times at DCA. It wasn't common, but it certainly happened that individual floats or characters were gone. I don't think an entire "unit" like all of Wonderland or the entire Cinderella sequence was missing, but bits here and there would occasionally go missing

But honestly, it's a nearly-40 year old parade. I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has with its heavy use and multiple cross-country moves

What it's looked like all day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 94

tcsnwhite

Just curious, but do the folks who keep referring to "Steve" actually know him? Or is it like when people call the President "Barack", instead of President Obama, like theyre his friend.

Most Disney fans just call him "Steve" because Disney goes by a first name basis when it comes to their employees (or "Cast Members"). Even on Steven Davison's WDI nametag, as like all others, it just says "Steve". You can call him that on his facebook fan page too...he doesn't mind at all.

I saw it happen several times at DCA. It wasn't common, but it certainly happened that individual floats or characters were gone. I don't think an entire "unit" like all of Wonderland or the entire Cinderella sequence was missing, but bits here and there would occasionally go missing
But honestly, it's a nearly-40 year old parade. I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has with its heavy use and multiple cross-country moves

Hmmmmm...as a regular DLR visitor, I rarely have seen that. The DLR ent. dept. is pretty good at not sending out things with whole sections missing as what is being described here according to WDW. There might be a missing dancer here or there every so often (for various reasons), but usually not full units.
It's also lasted because DLR invested in properly maintaining it when it was in their possession. (Not to mention, this is not necessarily the one and only version of the parade that's been running for 40 years. Some of these are newer units, with new pieces/infrastructure/etc. They're not exactly the same things from back in the 70s).

Crazydisneyfanluke

You mean Merryweather? I saw on Twitter that there was no fire today due to wind. So, it looks like FOF does have a weather factor so MK can't be blamed for that.
I saw the parade yesterday, in the hub there was fire.
Also, the ship rocked.

Seeing the parade was amazing. By far the best float is peter pan. I wish they spread out the characters in the finale a bit more seemed kinda thrown in there.

TTA94

I heard the rainy day parade still uses the Main Street Vehicles with Characters waving but the soundtrack is from HKDLs Mickey's Waterworks Parade.

RAXIP

I heard the rainy day parade still uses the Main Street Vehicles with Characters waving but the soundtrack is from HKDLs Mickey's Waterworks Parade.
AKA the music from DHS's Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade, AKA DCA's Pixar Play Parade music. Walt Disney Studios Paris also used it for their New Year's Eve parade.

Disney Analyst

Just curious, but do the folks who keep referring to "Steve" actually know him? Or is it like when people call the President "Barack", instead of President Obama, like theyre his friend.

Well not that it is really anyones business if I know Steve Davison or not... I will say we have talked more then once, on a personal/artistic level.

TEAM Dasia

Just Find a partner company that will take over the Parks.
just like OLC did with TDR.theyve got their line ups pretty great for the next 3 years.

tcsnwhite

Good source. Festival of Fantasy will be running twice a day in the parks. Possibly as early as this summer.

That's good.

This parade is obviously successful enough that one performance a day can't handle the demand.

(Plus, I think part of it is that WDW audiences have been so starved for a real parade production - on the level that Disney is now capable of (and has been doing in all their other parks) )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom