Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

TTA94

Hmm, well Twice a day could just mean what has happened before with CADCT and that's noon and 3pm.. Either way I wonder if the Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour event in May will be the debut of the new schedule?

Last edited:

AllyInWonderland

Does anybody know the lyrics to the parade theme? I only know:

Away we go
A Festival of Fantasy
Beauty and Majesty
Shining magically

I know there's a part after that, but I couldn't make it out.

doctornick

Hmm, well Twice a day could just mean what has happened before with CADCT and that's noon and 3pm.. Either way I wonder if the Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour event in May will be the debut of the new schedule?

That is what I would hope for. I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I don't want MSEP to go in general. I still terribly enjoy it, especially the music -- I think it has a classic part of the Disney Parks. Others feel differently.

More than that, though, I'd much rather see MK have two distinct parades than having only 1 parade that runs in the day and night. If they take away MSEP then I would hope it would be for a new light parade, not just for a second showing of FOF.

mm52200

A couple of summers back they tested during a normal part of the summer doing the day parade twice a day outside of heavy peak times like Easter, Christmas, 4th of July, or times when they do it because of crowds. I was there during the test and really liked it because, if I remember correctly, the way the schedule worked out with two parades it spaced out the MiSiCI street parties enough from the parades and other entertainment that it allowed them to bring out the Main Street Vehicles for a bit in the afternoon.

jrh1985

A couple of summers back they tested during a normal part of the summer doing the day parade twice a day outside of heavy peak times like Easter, Christmas, 4th of July, or times when they do it because of crowds. I was there during the test and really liked it because, if I remember correctly, the way the schedule worked out with two parades it spaced out the MiSiCI street parties enough from the parades and other entertainment that it allowed them to bring out the Main Street Vehicles for a bit in the afternoon.
That would be the second half of July 2011. How strong is this rumor? WDW/MK hasn't really gone Old School DL like outside of Easter, July 4th, and the Christmas weeks. The only thing that may of come out the July 2011 test is that DAWM took the Afternoon and Evening Schedule in 2012 but, MK never went back to that schedule after Night Of Joy 2012

The Visionary Soul

Fans need to stop disparaging TDO. They are not the ones who write the major checks or choose the major projects--that's the responsibility of the Walt Disney Company headquarters in Burbank. TDA and TDO just coordinate the operations of their respective parks and do not have the power to spend billions of dollars.
Oh, on paper, sure, that's how it looks. But the reality is that TDO has some real jerks that convince the higher ups in Burbank to spend money on projects that only TDO wants. They use data that is highly manipulated, and they have actually outright lied to Tom and Bob about the state of things in Florida. You want to know why things are so screwed up in Florida and not in California? It's TDO. Geroge was sent out here to fix things... but good god, he's got a lot to fix... and a lot of people to fire, to be honest.

ddd8170

Does anyone know when they will be an audio file released for this parade? Also, any updates on the Frozen music being added?
They audio has not been released yet. But, I doubt the Frozen music will ever be added. The creative team has done their jobs; the parade is finished.

DTale

They audio has not been released yet. But, I doubt the Frozen music will ever be added. The creative team has done their jobs; the parade is finished.
I thought it was made official that they had plans to add/change some things in the parade already?

TTA94

They do need to remove Once Upon A Dream from the Garden unit loop since Aurora is not even there. Plus it's already used during Maleficents loop.

TTA94

I thought it was made official that they had plans to add/change some things in the parade already?

This and scheduling are in question at the moment.. The insiders are not commenting so either it's a big secret or nobody truly knows.

wogwog

this would not shock me... and to be honest... if they do it well and add other frozen characters and some moving things here and there on that large float...it might work
I agree. A lot of people make fun of it but the darn thing has more lives than a cat. Unlike the other worn out floats that were retired the Castle really did not show wear and tear. I'm not a big fan of any parade but this new one could use a little help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom