Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

wdw_cp09

I wonder if it's the floats that were from Tokyo that weren't necessarily designed or tested for this parade route? I would like to think any new floats designed for MK would be designed with that part of the route in mind.
winner the 2 were scraping but they have since fixed the problem by adding bigger wheels.

etwtec

I am sorry to bring this up again, But seriously can any insiders confirm or deny the possibility of a second performance ( dusk or evening) being added soon? I keep hearing rumors and not just on here.. I think FOF is definitely popular enough and several people have said they want to see it over and over! The parade is not that long so I don't see that being a issue, and Im sure the cast would be all for a performance during the cooler part of the day! As for MSEP, IMO it does not need to have two performances like it does. Usually the parade route is dead for the second performance! So why not have FOF at 3pm and 9pm then MSEP at 11pm?

tcsnwhite

I am sorry to bring this up again, But seriously can any insiders confirm or deny the possibility of a second performance ( dusk or evening) being added soon? I keep hearing rumors and not just on here.. I think FOF is definitely popular enough and several people have said they want to see it over and over! The parade is not that long so I don't see that being a issue, and Im sure the cast would be all for a performance during the cooler part of the day! As for MSEP, IMO it does not need to have two performances like it does. Usually the parade route is dead for the second performance! So why not have FOF at 3pm and 9pm then MSEP at 11pm?

I've been wondering about this also. I didn't know they did two performances of MSEP(DEP)...and if the second performance isn't getting much of a crowd, it does make more sense to do another FOF instead...and push DEP's performance to later in the evening.

Just from the videos, it's pretty clear that WDW audiences have been starved for a real, up-to-date, quality Disney parade...and they are loving it. (You should hear some of the dialogue in those parade videos...and it's clear that many of these people don't know what's being presented at other Disney parks parade-wise...not even going to DL). This is seriously so new to them, in the way Parade of Dreams wowed DL crowds after having been stuck with the Parade of the Stars for so long. It's pretty clear that MK audiences, esp. once the big crowds hit, are going to want more Festival of Fantasy. It doesn't look like one performance a day can serve how many want to (and are going to want to) see it.
Of course, I'm sure FOF might be more expensive to run, and other operational/logistical/financials issues have to be ironed out before another performance can be regularly scheduled. But something tells me if they look at the crowds, that are only going to grow, 1 performance a day is not enough.

tcsnwhite

Did they remove the bubble effect from the finale unit or is it just not working yet?
Is there a reason why the strobes work on Mickey and Minnie's float but not the other floats? Id love to see pics or video from the overnight rehearsals :)
I saw bubbles working a couple days ago...didn't see any strobes on Mickeys float though maybe I missed it.

I've been wondering about this too. I noticed bubbles are working on Ariel's float... so why not the finale unit (that originally had them in Jubilation!)? It really would add that extra little something to the finale...

When it passed Liberty Square the dress and Anna&Elsa/Tiana&Naveen pieces weren't rotating. However, Maleficent breathed fire and today was the first time (I've seen the parade four times) I've seen the ship/anchor on the Peter Pan unit moving. I knew the anchor was supposed to swing but had no idea the ship moved with it. It was pretty cool to see.

Does anyone have video of the ship moving? I still can't find anything?

walter1901

My float by float review of FOF!

Princess Garden- The costumes were good for the dancers. The float was very intriguing, Belle and Beast were the best choice for the opening couple, but I believe since B&TB was such a big theme in New Fantasyland, they should have got their own float. Cinderella follows with the first rotating part of the float. Cinderella was a good choice, since she wasn't a main theme, but I believe Snow White would have been a better choice because of SDMT but maybe SW should have got her own float. Tiana was also a good idea to add a new vibe to the parade. Frozen's Anna and Elsa seem out of place with the other princesses. I think it's a great idea to add them but it is a quick fix and would better if they had their own float. Maybe more ground characters such as Louis, Fairy godmother, Perla, Suzy , and the Tremaines. That's about it for this one.

Tangled- Nothing bad to say about this one except Rapunzel should be more verbal with the audience.

The Little Mermaid- Possibly just a little vague. Add some ground characters such as Prince Eric, Max, and Flounder.

Peter Pan- Absoulutely nothing bad to say about this one. One of the best floats in the parade.

Brave- ADD QUEEN ELINOR!!!!, this is the most lacking float in the parade. Also maybe add Merida's brothers in bear form.

Malificent- Add Aurora to ground characters and breathe fire more often

Finale-Nothing bad to say

Overall Parade- Characters need to be more verbal

novawildcat18

My float by float review of FOF!

Princess Garden- The costumes were good for the dancers. The float was very intriguing, Belle and Beast were the best choice for the opening couple, but I believe since B&TB was such a big theme in New Fantasyland, they should have got their own float. Cinderella follows with the first rotating part of the float. Cinderella was a good choice, since she wasn't a main theme, but I believe Snow White would have been a better choice because of SDMT but maybe SW should have got her own float. Tiana was also a good idea to add a new vibe to the parade. Frozen's Anna and Elsa seem out of place with the other princesses. I think it's a great idea to add them but it is a quick fix and would better if they had their own float. Maybe more ground characters such as Louis, Fairy godmother, Perla, Suzy , and the Tremaines. That's about it for this one.

Tangled- Nothing bad to say about this one except Rapunzel should be more verbal with the audience.

The Little Mermaid- Possibly just a little vague. Add some ground characters such as Prince Eric, Max, and Flounder.

Peter Pan- Absoulutely nothing bad to say about this one. One of the best floats in the parade.

Brave- ADD QUEEN ELINOR!!!!, this is the most lacking float in the parade. Also maybe add Merida's brothers in bear form.

Malificent- Add Aurora to ground characters and breathe fire more often

Finale-Nothing bad to say

Overall Parade- Characters need to be more verbal

The character's will not be more verbal because that's how it's set in the score unless they wanted to re-write and re-record the score, which is not happening. Flounder cannot be added as a ground character since he's on the float already. And you might have missed it but Merida's 3 brothers are on the float in bear form.

tcsnwhite

The second performance of MSEP is, in my opinion, the better time to watch the show. You don't have to defend your viewing territory and I've had lots of fun interactions with the walking characters during this second run. But, on the flip side, during my many nights in the MK, I did notice that the 11pm performance often had missing units and characters. I've seen the second performance not include: Tinkerbelle, the train/drum, Alice's caterpillar, the mice from Cinderella, Mr. Smee's boat, and once Elliot. It really is a fun parade when everything is included and in working order, which is quickly becoming a rarity.

WOW... they send the parade out missing entire units? I've rarely, if ever, seen DLR do that, unless there was some sort of emergency before step-off.
I never saw the DLR parade dept. send out DEP with missing units while running at DCA.

mm52200

WOW... they send the parade out missing entire units? I've rarely, if ever, seen DLR do that, unless there was some sort of emergency before step-off.
I never saw the DLR parade dept. send out DEP with missing units while running at DCA.
The thing that happens with MSEP is that just regardless of it's the first or second performance of the evening, the floats are just slowly falling apart and are very temper-mental these days. If they can I'm sure they try to send out the whole parade but things unfortunately happen. However, I think with the second parade sometimes they'll let CM's do an ER(early release) from their shifts, sometimes causing some performers to be missing, but I really have no idea if it's an actual thing or not.

Nmoody1

The character's will not be more verbal because that's how it's set in the score unless they wanted to re-write and re-record the score, which is not happening. Flounder cannot be added as a ground character since he's on the float already. And you might have missed it but Merida's 3 brothers are on the float in bear form.

Well Jiminy Cricket is in a bubble that comes out of Monstro and also walks along the p a rade route!!

AllyInWonderland

Is it sad that I've been obsessing over this parade since last Sunday? I've been constantly humming the music, I've shown the video to my friends at school, and I just watched the whole parade video three times. o_O

I LOVE the dragon float, but I also really love the Tangled float. I was not expecting it to swing back and forth from what I had seen on the concept art. Do the actors swing it themselves, or does it already swing on its own?

wdw_cp09

the blue fairy wasn't in the parade
she was but I she had to leave.... just bc something wasn't there when the parade got to you doesn't mean it didn't go out. there are many factors on why a performer may leave. so you cant say she wasn't there, she just wasn't there when YOU saw it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom