Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

doctornick

Conceptually, I don't think it's a big deal that Aurora isn't in the parade -- that movie already get a big presence in the parade, so having a certain character miss out is a small issue. It's not like Aurora doesn't already have a presence in the parks.

I'm actually a little disappointed that Elsa/Anna seem to be a replacement, not an addition. I was hoping this little nugget would be a smaller new float added rather than just different casting.

SpectroMan93

All right, I'm confused.....

So, it seems that the rumor is that Aurora (and Phillip?) were going to be on the Cinderella/princess float and have been cut and replaced with Anna and Elsa. Right?

Is Tiana (and Naveen?) going to be on the float? Or where they never in the plans despite the theories on here based on the appearance of the one train of the float.
Unless something has changed, Tiana and Naveen are on the float. The last unit has two sides, Tiana and Naveen on one side, and now apparently Elsa and Anna on the other. I can see them moving Phillip to where he is fighting the Maleficent float on foot, but now I'm perplexed as to where/if Aurora will be in the parade. I think it would be cool to see her as Briar Rose walking the route with a basket in hand, along side the three fairies. Of course, it probably won't happen, but it would be a nice alternate than having Aurora and Phillip cut completely.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Unless something has changed, Tiana and Naveen are on the float. The last unit has two sides, Tiana and Naveen on one side, and now apparently Elsa and Anna on the other. I can see them moving Phillip to where he is fighting the Maleficent float on foot, but now I'm perplexed as to where/if Aurora will be in the parade. I think it would be cool to see her as Briar Rose walking the route with a basket in hand, along side the three fairies. Of course, it probably won't happen, but it would be a nice alternate than having Aurora and Phillip cut completely.

Why does she NEED to be in the parade, though? I wish they would switch it up more often and bring out rarer characters, or in this case, brand new, wouldn't you?

jrh1985

What I'm perplexed about is before today, I thought Tiana took over the whole last unit like Aurora did in J!.

doctornick

What I'm perplexed about is before today, I thought Tiana took over the whole last unit like Aurora did in J!.

That was my thought as well, hence my confusion. I was under the impression that the one small train was originally Aurora/Phillip in Japan and was switched to a PatF theme and so Aurora/Phillip would be replaced by Tiana/Naveen. Now, it seems that both PatF and Frozen characters will apear there?

When the float was in Japan how many people/groups were on that train? Who was on it?

SpectroMan93

Why does she NEED to be in the parade, though? I wish they would switch it up more often and bring out rarer characters, or in this case, brand new, wouldn't you?
I'm not saying she needs to be in the parade, but it isn't impossible for her to be. If she isn't, that's fine by me, I agree that she has plenty of face time throughout the parks. Though I still think it would be cool to show Phillip fighting Maleficent.

That's what I thought, but one of the members here reminded me that there are two sides of the last unit, separated by the flower wall, so it is very doable to have more than one movie represented there. Considering it looks like Evangeline and Ray have been added to that unit, I'm hoping Tiana stays.

doctornick

I'm not saying she needs to be in the parade, but it isn't impossible for her to be. If she isn't, that's fine by me, I agree that she has plenty of face time throughout the parks. Though I still think it would be cool to show Phillip fighting Maleficent.

Agree with this. In fact, I think it would be pretty awesome to actually have Phillip and not have Aurora -- how often do you see a Disney prince without his princess? The Beast at BOG and Aladdin at times is basically it, right?

SpectroMan93

Here's video to help visualize it the last unit. Skip to 2:17 and you see that when it rotates, the other side of the unit is completely empty, very much capable of having four people on there:

Hopefully it won't look crowded, but I think it will work.

SpectroMan93

for FoF Phillip was never on the float to begin with
So what you're saying is that he's still in the parade, just not with Aurora. If that be the case, are you allowed to say whether Phillip will be attached to the Maleficent unit or not? I feel like he wouldn't fit anywhere else.

Last edited:

mm52200

Honestly I'm not a big fan of the idea of forcing Anna and Elsa into the parade if it's not going to be done the right way. If they add them and it makes sense with whatever float or unit they're in, then great but I feel like they'll just be shoe horned in and they'll probably stick out. Also honestly, Aurora always gets the shaft when it comes to shows and parades. For the longest time in the Dream Come True parade her fairies and Malificent were in the parade but she wasn't. Guess that will happen here too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom