Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

ToTBellHop

To be fair, it is mostly inspired by one land though. Let's think... Peter Pan, Brave, Tangled, Little Mermaid...That's half of the main floats and they're all represented in Fantasyland. I don't really think it would be wrong to say it's a parade about one land.

However, I don't think that makes it a bad thing at all. I'm very excited for it and I very much like the concept. I wish I still lived in Orlando so I could still have the inside scoop on this parade...
Aren't most MK parades about characters who would most likely belong in Fantasyland? I can't recall a Tomorrowland parade.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
To be fair, it is mostly inspired by one land though. Let's think... Peter Pan, Brave, Tangled, Little Mermaid...That's half of the main floats and they're all represented in Fantasyland. I don't really think it would be wrong to say it's a parade about one land.

However, I don't think that makes it a bad thing at all. I'm very excited for it and I very much like the concept. I wish I still lived in Orlando so I could still have the inside scoop on this parade...
There are 8 floats:

Mickey and Friends - really all encompassing
Sleeping Beauty - not represented in Fantasyland except for M&G
Pinnochio - not represented in Fantasyland except by a restaurant
Little Mermaid
Tangled - not represented in Fantasyland except for a toilet
Brave - not represented in Fantasyland except for M&G
Peter Pan
Dumbo

novawildcat18

There are 8 floats:

Mickey and Friends - really all encompassing
Sleeping Beauty - not represented in Fantasyland except for M&G
Pinnochio - not represented in Fantasyland except by a restaurant
Little Mermaid
Tangled - not represented in Fantasyland except for a toilet
Brave - not represented in Fantasyland except for M&G
Peter Pan
Dumbo
You say "not represented in Fantasyland except for..." which is irrelevant because each of these characters/stories ARE represented in Fantasyland in one way or another, which means that the parade is based on this land. Or the parade is based on characters who all happen to be represented in the same land. But really, is it a bad thing/does it matter?

I agree with you, ISTCNavigator57, I think most parades are based off of Fantasyland/characters found in Fantasyland. It just fits better in a parade. The Fantasyland aspect of all the parades adds to the whimsical and fun aspect of a parade.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You say "not represented in Fantasyland except for..." which is irrelevant because each of these characters/stories ARE represented in Fantasyland in one way or another, which means that the parade is based on this land. Or the parade is based on characters who all happen to be represented in the same land. But really, is it a bad thing/does it matter?

I agree with you, ISTCNavigator57, I think most parades are based off of Fantasyland/characters found in Fantasyland. It just fits better in a parade. The Fantasyland aspect of all the parades adds to the whimsical and fun aspect of a parade.
No and no.

And, yes, Kyle is correct that all parades seem to revolve around the characters that have made Disney famous....namely the fantasy characters.

AllyInWonderland

I'm still wondering how the anchor on the Peter Pan float will work out if it's holding Captain Hook and Mr. Smee since they are masked characters. How will they be able to see? I'd imagine that would be pretty scary if you were the performer.

SpectroMan93

I'm still wondering how the anchor on the Peter Pan float will work out if it's holding Captain Hook and Mr. Smee since they are masked characters. How will they be able to see? I'd imagine that would be pretty scary if you were the performer.
They could be face characters like they are in Dream Along With Mickey and Disneyland's Fantasmic. I kind of like them better as face characters, it's less cartoonish.

aladdin2007

Speaking of lights, would love to see Tokyo's Nightfall Glow Parade here, I know its mainly for rainy weather but could def work out on those rainy summer evenings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom