Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

SpectroMan93

link to a youtube to show the floats arriving.

If it doesn't work look up "Festival of Fantasy Floats Arrival"

Starting around 0:42, you can see the mechanism that will allow the ship to swing. I can't tell for sure, but after looking closely at it, will the rainbow be able to light up? That would be pretty spectacular at night.

Mad Stitch

I can't tell for sure, but after looking closely at it, will the rainbow be able to light up? That would be pretty spectacular at night.

When I saw the concept art I thought the rainbow would be an led display with changing colors, but now that we have seen the float it doesn't look that way.

pan294848SMALL.jpg

Becky

What did you expect? Marble?
No, but I do expect the floats to look at least as good as those from the past. Stars In Motor Cars used plastic on the cars but it was very well done. Look at that skull again. If that does not scream cheap then nothing does. A whole new parade should have floats at least as well made as those from 10-20 years ago. But then maybe you never saw those and have nothing to reference the new floats to.

SpectroMan93

No, but I do expect the floats to look at least as good as those from the past. Stars In Motor Cars used plastic on the cars but it was very well done. Look at that skull again. If that does not scream cheap then nothing does. A whole new parade should have floats at least as well made as those from 10-20 years ago. But then maybe you never saw those and have nothing to reference the new floats to.
Comparing the Stars AND Motor Cars parade to Festival of Fantasy is apples to oranges. SMC consisted of well themed/decorated cars. FOF are large scale, elaborate floats built from the ground up. The details in the Maleficent float alone trump anything from SMC. I don't know what you're looking for in the skull, but I don't think it's going for polished or gleaming with sparkle. It's a rock. It's supposed to look rough. And it's quite clear from the video that there are still details and finishing touches to be added.

To say these floats are not well made is absurd. I can understand if you don't like how they look or what is being portrayed, but no way can you argue that these are cheaply made floats.

gonnichi

Its nice to see TWDC releasing images of the FoF parade. I wonder if the video was released now to counter the release of the new Diagon Alley website last week. Its good to see that maybe TWDC is trying to compete with Universal this spring on new attractions. I don't see the 7 Dwarfs Mine ride doing much in terms of competing with Gringotts, but I do see the FoF parade being a big draw for the MK. Its just been so long since there has been a good day time Parade at the MK its bound to generate a lot of interest.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought they actually looked pretty good in the viedo for the state of construction that they are in.
What state of construction are they in? They have left central shops now and are now at the park - I think they are complete.

asianway

1. in this video the floats are not finished. 2. this is poor lighting 3. Don't judge something till you see it in person (the attention to detail will blow your mind) 4. These flaot probably cost more then your house/car/anything most of us will ever own
I would hope they cost that much given WDIs government like inefficiency

novawildcat18

Festival of Fantasy...not Festival of Fantasyland
To be fair, it is mostly inspired by one land though. Let's think... Peter Pan, Brave, Tangled, Little Mermaid...That's half of the main floats and they're all represented in Fantasyland. I don't really think it would be wrong to say it's a parade about one land.

However, I don't think that makes it a bad thing at all. I'm very excited for it and I very much like the concept. I wish I still lived in Orlando so I could still have the inside scoop on this parade...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom