Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Soarin' Over Pgh

What's going on? I'm still focused on that dragon. The more I look at it the more I'm convinced it's capable of rearing up and moving the front arms as well as the neck and head. Flames, maybe? That'd be awesome.

I'd love to see it scare the holy hell out of some kids. Of course then disney would probably yank it. :/

The Visionary Soul

What's going on? I'm still focused on that dragon. The more I look at it the more I'm convinced it's capable of rearing up and moving the front arms as well as the neck and head. Flames, maybe? That'd be awesome.

I'd love to see it scare the holy hell out of some kids. Of course then disney would probably yank it. :/
Yes, it does breathe fire. Will be quite hot if they use this thing in the daytime. I wish they'd just make it a night parade around sunset. Granted, WDW doesn't have the nighttime lighting package that Disneyland's parade route has, but it would still be awesome at night to have a fire breathing dragon wandering about.

TTA94

Granted, WDW doesn't have the nighttime lighting package that Disneyland's parade route has, but it would still be awesome at night to have a fire breathing dragon wandering about.

I have been wanting MK to get Disneyland's lighting package, however it may actually be better with MKs darker route as the onboard float lighting will stand out more, as well as Maleficent breathing fire ;)

GiveMeTheMusic

The float is going to have to some very impressive movement.

Jose

I think Soundsational is beautiful but it's all made of cheap materials... and it doesn't have so much detail...

Soarin' Over Pgh

Is there any Frozen representation in this new parade?

As an aside, I saw Frozen (err, for the third time) this morning. The early show, 11:45. The theater was about 3/4 full. That's amazing for a saturday morning and for a movie thats been out for 6..7 weeks now?

The movie is *just* fantastic. There was a solid mix of young adults (college age, but there's alot of college kids in the neighborhood I was in), young children, boys and girls. Probably more heavy on the girls side, but nonetheless, plenty of boys. Everyone cheered at the end.

aladdin2007

Is there any Frozen representation in this new parade?

As an aside, I saw Frozen (err, for the third time) this morning. The early show, 11:45. The theater was about 3/4 full. That's amazing for a saturday morning and for a movie thats been out for 6..7 weeks now?

The movie is *just* fantastic. There was a solid mix of young adults (college age, but there's alot of college kids in the neighborhood I was in), young children, boys and girls. Probably more heavy on the girls side, but nonetheless, plenty of boys. Everyone cheered at the end.

They have stated Frozen will not be represented in FOF, its design process had already begun way before anyone knew much about frozen....I loved the movie too.

Soarin' Over Pgh

They have stated Frozen will not be represented in FOF, its design process had already begun way before anyone knew much about frozen....I loved the movie too.

That's a bummer. Hopefully the characters will be incorporated into something in the MK. I know they're in Epcot (and I'm all for the maelstrom redo)

JimboJones123

Another case of Disney thinking their entertainment product is perfection then? What a shame. Why Disney cannot, or worse, refuses to update their entertainment products is just silly.

Please update Indy. LMA. Fantasmic. There is so much fat that can be trimmed. So much fresh that can be added. These shows are by no means perfect.

doctornick

Another case of Disney thinking their entertainment product is perfection then? What a shame. Why Disney cannot, or worse, refuses to update their entertainment products is just silly.

I don't see how that follows. The parade has not even opened yet. Even if they wanted to add Frozen to it, floats -- especially ones of quality that would fit in for this parade -- take time to design and build. It seems pretty reasonable to allow the parade to actually debut and exist for a while before changes are made.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
THIS. There are three other movies, after all, and at least one of them is at least as good as Raiders.
I just love when they say that the performers are the stunt actors. I will suspend disbelief to accept a five foot mouse disappearing from top of the mountain and appearing again at the bottom, but the stunt actors line pushes it too far.

Matt_Black

I just love when they say that the performers are the stunt actors. I will suspend disbelief to accept a five foot mouse disappearing from top of the mountain and appearing again at the bottom, but the stunt actors line pushes it too far.

I'm okay with it, as that line is to set up teaching the audience more about movie stunt work. It would help if they updated it a bit with some examples of famous stunt actors (or as famous as stunt actors can get; Ray Park and Jackie Chan coming to mind).

The show very much goes back to the original mission statement of making the guests believe that everything there is part of an ongoing Hollywood production. A bit dated since DHS is no longer a functioning studio, but I do like how Indy and LMA still carry the "this is how movies are made" premise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom