Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

TTA94

I suppose they could reuse the once upon a dream soundtrack from dlp but the only good thing about it IMO is the main theme song. I hate the parade version.
I don't think they will reused the MOP soundtrack unless they plan on renaming Celebrate The Magic since part of the lyrics for "Magic Everywhere" are "Celebrate The Magic" lol.

SpectroMan93

Much agreed. Once Upon A Dream is my least favorite parade soundtrack. And MOP is nice, but highly repetitive with little/no room for float specific music. Something similar to Spectro's score would be great. I miss the sounds of a symphony blaring from the speakers and it gives off that grand feeling that matches the scale of this parade. But whatever it is, I'm sure it will be wonderful. 2 months couldn't pass by soon enough.

GrantR

OUAD was BEAUTIFUL in person, and it's such a shame that DMoP doesn't carry the energy of it's music to individual mixes for each unit. Seems you can never win over at this park!

If we get a perfect mix of the elegance and beauty of OUAD with the energy and rhythm of HiH, I think we're onto a winner.

etwtec

I am beyond excited for this parade. Maleficent is beyond amazing! WDW deserves this! I cant wait to see what Steve Davison came up with for the soundtrack!

If it is HIH, it will be interesting to see what version it will be. TDL had the fast upbeat theme song then the slow version which is awesome! Might be a little tooo slow for FOF but it kinda fits more of the instrumental, Spectro style you all were saying! :)

When will we know for sure what FOFs schedule will be when it debuts? as far as if it will have an evening performance or not?

Last edited:

SpectroMan93

I think originally the parade wasn't supposed to be a tie in with New Fantasyland, just a new parade for MK that Steve has had a tough time getting the green light from TDO for. My guess is that when it was given the go ahead, they decided to market it as part of celebrating New Fantasyland to gussy up the expansion a bit more.

The OUAD parade is great, but the music has awkward transitions between the musical selections. To me, it's not very memorable, but to each his own. If anything, the music for Festival of Fantasy will be one of the last things we find out about this parade, so I'll just have to sit tight for the next two months.

TTA94

If anything, the music for Festival of Fantasy will be one of the last things we find out about this parade, so I'll just have to sit tight for the next two months.

I don't know for sure but Steve did say, when asked if we will get a sneak peek at the music, that he bets They will and to keep a look out on the Disney blog.. My guess would be a video is coming next month and maybe in the background we will hear a little bit of the soundtrack :)

You know what would be totally cool, If FOF does go nighttime, is to add a little Spectro MAGIC to FOF! For example if any floats are still around or smaller floats like the SpectroMen? Ursula? or some costumes like the butterflies? :)

Last edited:

TTA94

So long as that means shipping the Electrical Parade to California for good, receiving a new "Dream Lights" style SpectroMagic in it's place, and hearing that luscious score again. :angelic: A guy can dream right (and probably keep dreaming)?

We can always hope the rumor of DL getting a new nighttime parade for the 60th shifted to WDW instead, But I highly doubt it. If the FOF floats do indeed have onboard lighting Im pretty sure TDO would not have spent the extra to add lighting infrastructure if they had intentions of bringing in a new nighttime parade. Either way I have a feeling WDW wants to move on from SpectroMagic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom