Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

discos

Does anyone know how long the parade will be? CADCT was really on the short side. Is FOF going to be near the 20 minute mark?

SpectroMan93

#winning

If the Castle float comes back for Frozen, I just...I...I can't
I was thinking of it as more of a pre-parade so it doesn't interfere with FOF. But I'm just saying, if demand is that strong, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney brought it out. Or they could take out a float from Once Upon a Christmastime. Takes care of the snow, at least. Lol

DJMoore2011

Looking at all the Craftsmanship that has been put into the floats I don't see how doing a quick float for Frozen would fit in. I mean yeah it would be awesome to have Frozen in there, but not at the point that they do a quick fix and just pull something from another parade that does not match the quality and craftsmanship that these other floats have.

I would rather see the 7 quality works that they have done so far then have 8 floats that included Frozen and 7 of them be awesome and one be "Oh wait isn't that float from.....".

I would think doing a last minute Frozen one would take away from what looks like is going to be a very awesome show. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Frozen, would love to see it done. But I would rather see it done with the same care, quality and craftsmanship as the other floats and not a last minute add with a float that is re purposed form another parade.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Actually, didn't Home on the Range have a parade?

I guess no one recorded it, or hasn't uploaded it to YouTube. Or I'm really stupid and can't find it.

Looking for the Mulan one now.

And I agree with everyone above. I'd rather have a well done float for frozen than a thrown together mess. It's just a shame they don't take a chance and give a new movie just one float. Go out on a limb, ya know?

For the record, I still haven't see home on the range or chicken little, but it see both are on YouTube in full.

Jose

Steve: It's a mix of units. There are 7 segments to the parade.

Me: plus the major floats, isn't it? For example; the little mermaid is the float in the concept art plus a small unit or dancers... isn't it?

Steve: All the concept art you are seeing are the units. Yes.

drew81

Personally, I'm not complaining - I don't care either way if there is a Frozen float in the new parade. The issue is that there COULD have been one. The excuses they've given in the couple interviews about the parade are not valid reasons, that's all I'm trying to point out. If they wanted a Frozen unit, there could have been one - WDI works with WDAS to get artwork and info on movies that haven't been released yet, and have for years.

The issue is that now whenever a movie is a hit (or in Frozen's case, a HUGE hit), Disney is caught with their pants down with nothing prepared other than a couple face characters because committing in advance is too risky.

Now, it could have been a creative decision. Maybe Steve and his team didn't want a Frozen unit, and that's totally valid. But to say it was because it was too late? That's BS.

And guests WILL complain that Frozen isn't included. It's the biggest hit they've had in years, and little girls want Elsa and Anna and Olaf and they want them now.

Yes!!! ITA. Olaf and Kristoff should have been out from the start. When was the last time any character had a meet n greet line 4 hours long? Well, except during Unleash the Villains.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Yes!!! ITA. Olaf and Kristoff should have been out from the start. When was the last time any character had a meet n greet line 4 hours long? Well, except during Unleash the Villains.

Ok. Your new avatar, what's up with that? Please tell me it's a joke...

An Olaf meet n greet! Now that would be interesting. I like the Olaf at Disneyland, I wonder if wdw has any plans for a similar one. Sven (sp?) would be kinda neat too.

GiveMeTheMusic

I guess no one recorded it, or hasn't uploaded it to YouTube. Or I'm really stupid and can't find it.

Looking for the Mulan one now.

And I agree with everyone above. I'd rather have a well done float for frozen than a thrown together mess. It's just a shame they don't take a chance and give a new movie just one float. Go out on a limb, ya know?

For the record, I still haven't see home on the range or chicken little, but it see both are on YouTube in full.

Don't watch Home On The Range. It will actually damage your brain. Unless you want to see a movie about a cow voiced by Roseanne Barr.

aladdin2007

The Disneyland lion king parade was the best parade I've ever seen. I miss the days of celebrating a new movie, taking that gamble that maybe it'll suck but maybe... Just maybe... It'll still be at the top of the charts six weeks after release. The lion king one was so colorful and cheerful and energetic, and yet dedicated to only one movie. With no human characters, too!

Edit to add...Drew, what's a pre parade? o_O

I agree, the aladdin parade, and toy story parade, mulan parade etc. hunchback show, pocahontas show etc. They were great at this and it was snergy in some of its best forms. Those days are over sadly. I still think it would be cool to have the Lion King parade at Animal Kingdom, even though of course the movie promotion is two decades past, but what a perfect fit.

aladdin2007

Don't watch Home On The Range. It will actually damage your brain. Unless you want to see a movie about a cow voiced by Roseanne Barr.

Yes dreadful film, here was disneys chance to do a grand animated musical western. I dont know how Judy Dench got attached to such an awful film. I would still love to see Disney make a animated western, guess it wont be lone ranger lol.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I agree, the aladdin parade, and toy story parade, mulan parade etc. hunchback show, pocahontas show etc. They were great at this and it was snergy in some of its best forms. Those days are over sadly. I still think it would be cool to have the Lion King parade at Animal Kingdom, even though of course the movie promotion is two decades past, but what a perfect fit.

So what? Bring it back to celebrate the relaunch of FotLK! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom