Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

jrh1985

Sadly the wrong version made its way out... lol

It will be interesting to see if FOF is identical to Happiness as far as opening, lyrics, underliner. Most of the floats music should be totally different.
So, was there another soundtrack planned for Soundsational? Is HIH confirmed? I don't think it is. Unless I missed something.

TTA94

So, was there another soundtrack planned for Soundsational? Is HIH confirmed? I don't think it is. Unless I missed something.

I was referring to which soundtrack made its way onto the web, and, to my knowledge, which one didn't..

As for HIH nothing has been confirmed.

Last edited:

SpectroMan93

Fanfares eh? Doesn't sound a lot like Happiness is Here. Which kind of makes me feel a little better, HIH is way too chipper for my liking. Maybe TDO was somehow convinced to use mostly original music for this parade.

jrh1985

If there's fanfares, would it be safe to guess that the hip hop rumor is not true? Like I've said before, MK doesn't need HIH but, I think the soundtrack should be in the same family as all the other great soundtracks that Disney has had in the past and right now.

TTA94

Whatever it is I hope it's not slow like Share A Drean or Jubilation. Share A Dream was instrumental.. Yuck! Lol I want FOFs soundtrack to be modern, upbeat and a Wow factor!

Matt_Black

Whatever it is I hope it's not slow like Share A Drean or Jubilation. Share A Dream was instrumental.. Yuck! Lol I want FOFs soundtrack to be modern, upbeat and a Wow factor!

Well, let's not get TOO modern. I don't think ska, dance music, or hip hop for instance would fit with the fantasy theme they're going for.

TTA94

Well, let's not get TOO modern. I don't think ska, dance music, or hip hop for instance would fit with the fantasy theme they're going for.

True. I think awhile back Steve said it wouldn't be to upbeat but big and fun. I guess we just need to wait and see! :)

jjnshane

If they absolutely need too, i'm sure they can rehearse without music for a bit. There's really no need for it in rehearsal right away. A ot of what the performers do is simple movements that get repeated over and over. It's just about learning choreography/blocking. Any actor that wants to be respected should be able to rehearse without music.

That said, i'm sure everything will work out fine.

I am pretty sure rehearsals have already started -- at least for the first wave of performers (they will be training 4 complete sets of performers for the parade). I know some of the performers and they are all stoked about this parade. They even were either fitted for costumes or at least shown their costumes the other day -- one of the girls I know mentioned that she was just in love with her costume! I know my daughter will want me to make one of the costumes for this parade, but I have a feeling it is going to be beyond my abilities -- at least quite a bit harder than the CDCT costume!
And they might have a demo of the music for rehearsal, but choreography doesn't really need the music in the beginning -- just counts of 8 in most cases!:D

jjnshane

True -- while we love the upbeat, modern music of Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it! -- it is what is it and that is a Street Party. The day parade should have something more epic and lush in terms of the score. I have a feeling we won't be disappointed!

Jose

If it's instrumental like Spectro, that is definitely ok with me. Starting to sound like original (at least mostly) orchestrations are back in. At least, I can't remember any recent parades that have had fanfares galore.
Once Upon a Dream Parade at DLP?

GrantR

Think a condensed MoP opening in place of Flight of Fantasy's little percussive intros per unit. I don't know. I don't think it will affect the soundtrack style too much. I'm excited. :)

stevehousse

Yes it's the new daytime parade, and also, as im sure it has been discussed, but I'm new to the convo and don't feel like goin through 80 pages to find my answer, when is this suppose to debut?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom