Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

TTA94

bc you are just seeing one side of it

So it changes color somehow? In the concept art it was purple and yellow.. That could look pretty cool with some lighting at night :). I have a feeling Im getting my hopes up waay to high for nighttime performances of this parade LOL.

SpectroMan93

The only concern I am seeing is that this parade doesn't truly have a "theme" or "style". The floats range from a Steampunk Dragon (Which is sweet) to a bagpipe and a viking ship. I think all of the floats look great I just don't see a theme here. It just seems like a bunch of cool floats with no cohesive style. Maybe with the music and dancers my opinion will be changed. Time will tell
I think in person the floats will appear more cohesive, but if not, I kind of like that there are different styles in this parade. And the name of the parade kind of lends itself to the different styles, it's a Festival of Fantasy, a celebration of the unrestrained imagination. Though we honestly won't know for sure until we see the parade go down Main Street as a whole.

Matt_Black

the music? because its not been confirmed what soundtrack it is. I dont think.

Metallica! And don't think they consider themselves "too cool" for Disney, either...

Metallica.jpg

Jwhee

The parade over at the place who shall not be named has a great show stop. Also, the original night version of tapestry of nations had a cool one. But with Move it, Shake it! In the day I don't see this parade having a show stop.

jjnshane

The parade over at the place who shall not be named has a great show stop. Also, the original night version of tapestry of nations had a cool one. But with Move it, Shake it! In the day I don't see this parade having a show stop.

I never thought about MISICI being used in place of a show stop in the day parade, but that makes so much sense! The Street Party usually runs about 25 minutes in its full form from start to finish, and can be shortened in several places in case of high temps. CDCT in the end (after cutting the princess float down and the villain float completely) still ran about 40 minutes from start to finish. I can't see them adding in a show stop for this parade due to the heat and humidity here most of the year and keeping the performers out even longer would be torture.

wdw71fan

FYI.. FoF units are going through technical integration testing next week.. Basically, units will be moved to various points along the route to have the DACS integration tested.. This is considered a 'first pass' test.. no performers, and no music, just individual unit audio control testing with the timecode system..

I've heard a rumor that they will be using the spectro mix to test the parade units...... That's just stinky.

Soarin' Over Pgh

The only concern I am seeing is that this parade doesn't truly have a "theme" or "style". The floats range from a Steampunk Dragon (Which is sweet) to a bagpipe and a viking ship. I think all of the floats look great I just don't see a theme here. It just seems like a bunch of cool floats with no cohesive style. Maybe with the music and dancers my opinion will be changed. Time will tell

I'm actually OK with this. It kind of makes the floats seem separate from each other, but makes you concentrate on that float in front of you, not the overall "theme".

I didn't think too highly of the bagpipe idea, but since I've seen the pics of it, I think it's pretty neat.

Cesar R M

FYI.. FoF units are going through technical integration testing next week.. Basically, units will be moved to various points along the route to have the DACS integration tested.. This is considered a 'first pass' test.. no performers, and no music, just individual unit audio control testing with the timecode system..

I've heard a rumor that they will be using the spectro mix to test the parade units...... That's just stinky.

Dude, I swear I imagine you wearing a Mickey mouse mask, a Dick Tracy suit and a Carmen San Diego hat... while you spy on the CMs and the staff of Magic Kingdom; as they prepare the show.

*cue james bond theme*

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Yes it is, really sad. :(

Soarin' Over Pgh

I wish I could be there just to listen. It's kind of tragic to know the score will never be heard in the Magic Kingdom again. I'm watching SpectroMagic on YouTube now. :(

I think we need a support group.

I've never seen the parade in person (those would be my Disneyland years) but have several times through YouTube. I regret not getting a chance to see it live, it looked amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom