Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Cesar R M

Notice how the dragon's head is stooped, the masts on the ship are removed/folded over, the top of the balloon is removed, and the bagpipes are lowered. I kind of love how every float has the ability to be compressed for travel/storage, and yet they still look massive, and of course, all very unique from each other. A welcome change from CADCT, where pretty much every float had the same basic structure.
Efficient engineering at its best!

SpectroMan93

Now we just need a picture of the Ariel float, and that makes all 8 main floats. Still curious as to what the 4 smaller units will be, if those are still part of the plan.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Are things like this considered small floats? I'm wonder how small is small?

images

images

midwest_mice

Really looking forward to hopefully seeing this new parade in March while we're there. It will be great to see new and never seen before floats(aka no castle float...hopefully)

TTA94

So there won't be a title float? Something like flights of fantasy would have been cool. I guess Mickey and Minnie will open and Pinocchio will be the finale?

Figments Friend

I really love the steampunk elements used for the Maleficent Dragon.
It has been a long time since a float in a Disney Theme Park Parade was literally made my jaw hang open in awe.
Last time was probably in 2005, when the DL 'Parade of Dreams' was unleashed.
Some very impressive units in that one..

All i can think of, looking at that awesome Dragon, is Tony Baxter.
When he sees this, i really think he is going to love it. It's right up his alley!
I can see his expression looking at it now :

Happy Tony.jpg

Sums up my expression, too.

For once, i think we have a Parade that tops what DL has been having over the last few years.
They have had some fantastic day parades lately, but this FoF Parade for WDW will be something special.

Last edited:

Soarin' Over Pgh

...Looking at the Disney lifestylers photos, is it just me or does it look like the dragon has the ability to rear up with full head/neck range of motion?

Because... THAT would be amazing.

Something about how the body is positioned versus the positioning of the back legs makes me question this. Anyone else?

SpectroMan93

So there won't be a title float? Something like flights of fantasy would have been cool. I guess Mickey and Minnie will open and Pinocchio will be the finale?
From what I gathered, the Pinnocchio and Mickey & Minnie floats will be connected. The hot air balloon float is almost identical to the Pinnocchio/Dumbo float, so that makes sense. If there is a title float, I would assume it is one of the 4 smaller floats, so that's still possible.

Steve mentioned that the Maleficent float has been in the works for years, so it's probably not related directly to the film, but I can see it being used during in park promotions of the film.

SpectroMan93

A nod to spectro? That would be soo cool!!
Funny you said that. I've been told that the Sebastian animatronic from Spectro will be appearing on the Ariel float in FOF. In regards to the smaller units, the Crocodile from the Enchanted Adventures Parade will follow the Peter Pan float. Also the Tweedles will show up in the tea cups from Parade of Dreams, and the Three Good Fairies float down the route like they do in Disney Magic on Parade (youtube it, it's pretty cool). Again, this is just what I've been told, but it sounds pretty great.

Last edited:

jrh1985

Funny you said that. I've been told that the Sebastian animatronic from Spectro will be appearing on the Ariel float in FOF. In regards to the smaller units, the Crocodile from the Enchanted Adventures Parade will follow the Peter Pan float. Also the Tweedles will show up in the tea cups from Parade of Dreams, and the Three Good Fairies float down the route like they do in the Once Upon A Dream Parade (youtube it, it's pretty cool). Again, this is just what I've been told, but it sounds pretty great.
So are the tea cups from POD? Or are they remakes? Will the fairies be face characters?

There's a lot to this parade!

SpectroMan93

So are the tea cups from POD? Or are they remakes? Will the fairies be face characters?

There's a lot to this parade!
To me, it sounded like they were from POD, but considering they aren't that large, I wouldn't be surprised if they were remakes. I believe Orlando will finally have the face character version of the fairies. The way they move in the Disney Magic on Parade, it seems more practical to have them as faces than masks. It's also a lot less creepy without the masks.

ABQ

jrh1985

I can't be sure, but they COULD be the same fish from spectro.. Please don't create an internet rumor that they are, I'm just saying... I saw them quickly and didn't get a chance to scrutinize them... It's possible... We'll know for sure once the parade rolls out ;)

all i'm saying is they look a LOT like this...

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4069/4452242774_f3a36276ab_o.jpg
If thery are, that would be VERY interesting because I thought that everything in Spectro was destroyed., or is it? What else does MK have that we don't know about???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom