Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'll miss this parade since it is the one we saw when we were at MK on our Honeymoon. We went in last August of 2009 when the Halloween decorations were up so we probably saw it around the time this video was filmed.
Almost... It was shot September 19th and November 29, and days either side of those.

jrh1985

First Video of the last CADCT:

One flaw was they cued the music late in town square. I think they waited too long.

Wanda was indeed right in front, NICE TOUCH MK! I wonder why I didn't see her on Twitter today.
CADCT got the response I was hoping for. I've never seen so many people at the end gate! THANK YOU MK for just about 5 years of CADCT!!!!!!!!! On to FOF!

TTA94

Not only was today the farwell of Celebrate A Dream Come True but it was also the farewell for the Christmas Garland, No? :(

At least CADCT got a proper farewell unlike Spectro!

mm52200

It's a bittersweet ending, VERY excited for the new parade but will somewhat miss this parade. Especially when you know how hard the cast works and you never know if they'll all be in the new parade or not. I know I will definitely miss the Tremaine family, they definitely won't be in the new parade and they were always the highlight of the old parade for me atleast. I wonder how long though it will take for the mirrored castle float to make it's way into FoF...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Every trip my kid and I would watch this. For 3 years it was our tradition to do it on our last day, and it was the last thing we'd see before leaving the parks.

But, I will never forget the first time I saw it in 2010. It was our last day after 14 days at the world. It was my first trip back as a parent, and first trip since 2004 (where I only went to EPCOT for one day on that trip).

I remember being worried the first few days that Disney had changed (or I had) and the magic wasn't there anymore...but, by the end of the first day when we saw Summer Nighttastic Wishes Special, my concerns had melted away.

Anyhow, over a 14 day trip, somehow the kid and I had missed the 3p parade every day...until our last day.

We grabbed some popcorn to share and sat down on the curb facing Main Street Station and watched it go by...and it was all I could do not to cry...good, happy tears.

I will miss Celebrate a Dream Come True, and I want to thank the Cast Members (many of whom I recognized year after year) who participated in it and made it such a wonderful parade. You touched my heart, my daughter's imagination, and gave us both enjoyment and memories that will last a lifetime.

Thank you. You did help make my Dream Come True...

jrh1985

Not only was today the farwell of Celebrate A Dream Come True but it was also the farewell for the Christmas Garland, No? :( Sad emotional day for two very old memorable things!

At least CADCT got a proper farewell unlike Spectro!
Forgot all about the garland.

If we all knew then what we know now on June 5th 2010, I think Spectro would have gotten it. I was there for Spectro's First Finale in 1999 but only saw the 9PM Parade in Town Square. Did anyone see the 11 PM one?

TTA94

I saw the finale performance of Spectro, and honestly I somehow had a feeling it was the last time I would see it :cry:.

I was wondering as well how many CADCT performers will be in FOF? FOF will require even more performers correct?

wdw_cp09

I saw the finale performance of Spectro, and honestly I somehow had a feeling it was the last time I would see it :cry:.

I was wondering as well how many CADCT performers will be in FOF? FOF will require even more performers correct?
its about the same amount of performers

mm52200

It probably was until TDO axed FOF down to the same amount of floats and performers as CADCT.
Wait, is FoF only going to be six floats? Seriously TDO, how hard is to spend money on a new parade? Especially with all the money they saved when cutting CTF and DCR.

spectrodanny

Parade of dreams would have fit just fine, it was a moment of confusion, we were supposed to get Parade of Dreams, they had even dotted the Is and crossed the Ts and then at the last minute they decided to get a brand new day parade instead, and then when the budget was slashed, it was too late and Parade of Dreams had been (mostly) destroyed. So once again we found ourselves stuck with these Snow Globe Floats.

As for Float Size, it's obvious that Festival of Fantasy will be quite large, this parade is going to prompt a massive overhaul of Magic Kingdom's Background Music System (Which has already begun) so expect a pretty awesome underliner, and the ability to go either direction (which the Electrical Parade is currently not able to do because of the sound system, it can only step off on Main Street). Everyone also might want to take one last picture of the wreaths over Main Street at Christmastime this year as well...

so the sound system is one of the reasons MSEP only goes Town Square to Frontierland? interesting, as WDW's original version (as well as Spectro in it's early days from what i've heard from former CM's often did Frontierland-Main Street for the latter performance on two performance nights.

TTA94

Wait, is FoF only going to be six floats? Seriously TDO, how hard is to spend money on a new parade? Especially with all the money they saved when cutting CTF and DCR.

Has to be more than six floats.. Mickey and Minnie, Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid, Brave, Tangled, Peter Pan, Pinocchio/Dumbo, Princess Garden Float and then there may be a opening and or finale float Plus the rumored "mystery" float.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom