Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Cesar R M

Forgive my not scrolling through all 50+ pages here, but has there been any debut date for the new parade given, other than "spring 2014"? I'm wondering whether we need to plan around it for our May visit...
seems there is no real date info anywhere.

I wonder if the date will go along the lines of "we may never know".. or worse.. "valve time" (those gamers will get the reference)

GiveMeTheMusic

Forgive my not scrolling through all 50+ pages here, but has there been any debut date for the new parade given, other than "spring 2014"? I'm wondering whether we need to plan around it for our May visit...

This was covered on the last page of the thread. A poster here claims the parade will open in mid-March, so you should be fine for May.

Bocabear

Yes, hard to believe. Too early/soon IMO.

THANK YOU MK for not following DL which dropped POD for their street party!!! I still dont understand that and even if I hated CADCT, I would still give points to MK for what they did.

Thank you MK for not olny getting CADCT close to their 5th anniversary but that you brought it back for 4 days in 2014, twice a day no less, that makes me resl proud!
This is what CADCT did for me.

CADCT had me from its very first day when I saw it that night (thanks YouTube! ) it gave me something to smile about as I had a sledding accident two days before and getting back to WDW wasn't looking good as my grandfather had cancer and was unable to fly, at that time in Jan 2009. I know a parade can't really change a persons life but after CADCT opened, everything seemed to be a little better. My back healed without operating and my grandfather got cleared to fly so we could go back to WDW and see my favorite parade!
Considering I saw CADCT 3 times on my last trip (Thank you Parents! ) and not a week goes by where I don't watch it somehow at home. It's easy to say that I have the atmost respect for this parade and for MK's Entertainment Department.
Is it with all new floats? No, but I knew that going in since I've been on here since MSEP's first return. The magic I find in it is in the soundtrack, dancers, and characters.

Again, this is what MK and CADCT did for me the past almost five years. May CADCT have a fantastic finale these next three days and I hope I enjoy FOF just as much as CADCT!!!!
I guess I can appreciate you like the parade and all, but Celebrate A Dream Come True was a horrible parade... Old reused floats, unmemorable music...So glad we are finally getting a new parade with new floats and no 40 year old castle float...Don't know why WDW is always last to get a new parade...in comparison to Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland...Even the Disneyland Paris parades are much better than what we get in Florida.

Cesar R M

I guess I can appreciate you like the parade and all, but Celebrate A Dream Come True was a horrible parade... Old reused floats, unmemorable music...So glad we are finally getting a new parade with new floats and no 40 year old castle float...Don't know why WDW is always last to get a new parade...in comparison to Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland...Even the Disneyland Paris parades are much better than what we get in Florida.
Well, BOB needs to funnel the money for Fastpass+ and MyMagic+ ;)

GiveMeTheMusic

TDO doesn't think you notice that they've been running parades that are 10+ years old (in one case, 40+!). You're just someone dumb enough to pay what they're asking for a ticket, so why would you notice that the parade's been the same since 2001? Or that the castle show's been the same since 2006? It took years of begging from WDI for them to finally approve a budget for a new parade. The other resorts (DLRP notwithstanding - they waited 15 years to redo their parade in 2007) are not so difficult to persuade.

jrh1985

TDO doesn't think you notice that they've been running parades that are 10+ years old (in one case, 40+!). You're just someone dumb enough to pay what they're asking for a ticket, so why would you notice that the parade's been the same since 2001? Or that the castle show's been the same since 2006? It took years of begging from WDI for them to finally approve a budget for a new parade. The other resorts (DLRP notwithstanding - they waited 15 years to redo their parade in 2007) are not so difficult to persuade.
So, Is DL's ticket any cheaper because there's no night parade anymore? Was their ticket real cheap in 2009-2010(their 55th no less,) with no parade at all, just a street party on the route??? When I go to WDW, I do not go looking for things! I'm just blessed that I'm there! I never met a MK Parade i didn't love and I'm thankful there's still a night parade in the US! As for DL's new night parade, I'll believe it when i see it.The Floats in CADCT have been under 3 different names since 2001, not one. and I still like the Castle float, You can fit a lot of people on it. Maybe they need a new one?
Why is it so hard to like CADCT?? Countdown To Fun maybe, but CADCT???

I do not consider my self dumb to pay their ticket price! I wish I could pay it more often!

asianway

So, Is DL's ticket any cheaper because there's no night parade anymore? Was their ticket real cheap in 2009-2010(their 55th no less,) with no parade at all, just a street party on the route??? When I go to WDW, I do not go looking for things! I'm just blessed that I'm there! I never met a MK Parade i didn't love and I'm thankful there's still a night parade in the US! As for DL's new night parade, I'll believe it when i see it.The Floats in CADCT have been under 3 different names since 2001, not one. and I still like the Castle float, You can fit a lot of people on it. Maybe they need a new one?
Why is it so hard to like CADCT?? Countdown To Fun maybe, but CADCT???

I do not consider my self dumb to pay their ticket price! I wish I could pay it more often!
I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic

TTA94

Are they doing anything special for Celebrate A Dream Come True on Saturday? Like re add the villains float or show stop one last time?

GiveMeTheMusic

People who buy tickets to WDW aren't dumb (necessarily) - but TDO thinks that they are. Big difference. DLR has added over a billion dollars worth of new attractions while adding new shows and parades, all the while jacking up their ticket prices. WDW built the Mermaid ride and BOG, and now is finally getting a new parade (while at least one other is killed with no replacement).

I doubt anything special will be done for CADCT.

walter1901

Are they doing anything special for Celebrate A Dream Come True on Saturday? Like re add the villains float or show stop one last time?

That would be nice as a farewell to the parade. The parade was nice until the show stop and the villains float was taken out. Since then it has done nothing for me. I am however sad to see it go, except for the castle float.:)

wdw_cp09

.... just a little background knowledge on how things work.... when a performer learns a role known as a skill, it is good for a rolling clander year. if you go more then a year without doing said skill you are disapproved. so that's reason #1 you want see cdct show stops (bc its been almost 4 years). #2 the turn over rate/loss of preformers who did do the show stops is very low.

Occasional Guest

I'm sad to see it go for one sentimental reason. It was the first and only MK parade my 6 and 4 year old have seen. I am really excited to see a new one though.

asianway

.... just a little background knowledge on how things work.... when a performer learns a role known as a skill, it is good for a rolling clander year. if you go more then a year without doing said skill you are disapproved. so that's reason #1 you want see cdct show stops (bc its been almost 4 years). #2 the turn over rate/loss of preformers who did do the show stops is very low.
Correct-of course they could have done rehearsals but for 4 days no way that was happening. Even the types of LTM events requiring a rehearsal weren't that spectacular-maybe the villains thing

mm52200

Like others have said, nothing special will be done. The only reason it's being brought back for these four days is because it's a heck of a lot cheaper to run than the Christmas parade and they wanted to have a parade for this whole week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom