Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

The Empress Lilly

That concept art looks quite promising. Some neat concepts there.

I do like Tangled better as a romantic fairy tale than as an action movie. Pity about the swinging weapons and Ugly Duckling guys. I'd prefer a scene based on 'boat on the lake with lantarns'.

Here's hoping the old castle float makes it in! I love that float, I love seeing it re-used again. It is a fantastic tradition that ties in together the parades over the years.

dlpwishes

I love the look of the concept art, but a little sceptical if the budget is low. Maybe they will just reuse some of the chassis, etc and that would save costs? Seeing as it says Pinocchio, please don't let them just keep that float...

The idea of celebrating Fantasyland is a great one, too. And the design looks similar to Soundsational but different, too.

PorterRedkey

I an not a parade man, but the concept art really looks nice. The Peter Pan pendulum float is my fave, but the other two look great. I know this change is needed, so I am happy for all of the fans of the parades.
I think a lot of these smaller changes, new parade, building refurbs, new interactive games and queue will really be a great foundation to build upon. Once (if) they start adding new attractions the rest of the park will be in good shape.

WDWLover#1

Magic Kingdom's FIRST Steve Davison Parade! And if you know anything about Steve he listens to fans. Hopefully he will NOT be reusing any floats but it seems he had a hard time getting this thing to fruition as posted on his official facebook page-

"It took a while and a lot of work! The Festival of Fantasy is coming to the Magic Kingdom!"
Heres the link on facebook if anyone's interested-https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Davison-Fan-Page/159947717349286?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

Very excited for this new parade! And if you too don't want any reused floats or THAT float than just message him. He usually responds with an answer. Can't wait and thank you Steve for listening!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Magic Kingdom's FIRST Steve Davison Parade! And if you know anything about Steve he listens to fans. Hopefully he will NOT be reusing any floats but it seems he had a hard time getting this thing to fruition as posted on his official facebook page....And if you too don't want any reused floats or THAT float than just message him. He usually responds with an answer. Can't wait and thank you Steve for listening!
The budget cuts were out of his hands. He can only design to what the budget will allow for.

jrh1985

It looks like there will be some recycling for sure. The current parade goes down near the end of the year, so they then have a couple of months to work those into the new parade. Will be interesting to see how much of them they actually use, and what pieces. I would imagine a lot of the drive chassis could be reused without any chance of guests recognizing them. If they recycle more than just the chassis, then it will be noticeable.
so CADCT is ending before FOF gets work done????????? I figured that only a night would be between CADCT and FOF. Is MK planning a longer run of MOUACT????? LTM Parades??? Will there be a parade after CADCT???? (I'm not talking about FOF)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
so CADCT is ending before FOF gets work done????????? I figured that only a night would be between CADCT and FOF. Is MK planning a longer run of MOUACT????? LTM Parades??? Will there be a parade after CADCT???? (I'm not talking about FOF)
Yes the current parade ends sometime near end of the year. Then there will most likely not be a daytime parade until the new parade begins in the Spring. No dates are yet confirmed however, so are subject to change.

jrh1985

Yes the current parade ends sometime near end of the year. Then there will most likely not be a daytime parade until the new parade begins in the Spring. No dates are yet confirmed however, so are subject to change.
That's a first for MK! I don't know if I like that! Hopefully, MK will think of something! Maybe MSEP more times a night in winter????? Any rumors of DAWM's fate?

TP2000

I'm still wondering how many current floats will be recycled vs new build. Last count was 60-40.

This parade is fantastic news! But surely they aren't going to recycle the Castle float from the 1980's. Again. I mean, they just can't.

I'm also amazed at how many fans of Celebrate A Dream Come True have come forward in this thread. There are fans for a tired, formulaic day parade that's been running for the past decade (with marketing name changes just to make it kind of slimy) and slowly been downsized and cut back over the years into the shell it is today? People will actually miss that parade, and don't realize the types of fresh, new parades they've been running for the past decade in Anaheim, Tokyo and Hong Kong? Uh, maybe TDO can get away with recycling the Castle float again. :D

AllyInWonderland

I love the idea of a new parade, and those floats look amazing! But I love Celebrate a Dream Come True! I had my best Disney memory during it! I hope this new parade will be better if it's going to replace CADCT, especially the music. I will miss CADCT

I hope Disney will make a cool Alice in Wonderland float for this new parade, and that the ugly stepsisters will be in it. :)

GiveMeTheMusic

You need some more question marks.

It's not uncommon for there to be a months-long gap when parades are swapped out. At DLR, Celebrate ended before Christmas in 2010, and Soundsational didn't premiere until late May 2011. The MK will survive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom