Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

The Duck

This is great news! My only problem is that I'm locked into a timeshare down the road from WDW and my week is at the end of January. I'll have to wait almost another year to see this and ride the 7DMT. Oh well... there's always YouTube.

Cosmic Commando

Mirrored princess float... any bets they reuse this again, and again, and again? :)

Concept looks nice... The parade needed to be changed after how many years? I think we can chalk this up to a good thing...
This parade is fantastic news! But surely they aren't going to recycle the Castle float from the 1980's. Again. I mean, they just can't.

I'm also amazed at how many fans of Celebrate A Dream Come True have come forward in this thread. There are fans for a tired, formulaic day parade that's been running for the past decade (with marketing name changes just to make it kind of slimy) and slowly been downsized and cut back over the years into the shell it is today? People will actually miss that parade, and don't realize the types of fresh, new parades they've been running for the past decade in Anaheim, Tokyo and Hong Kong? Uh, maybe TDO can get away with recycling the Castle float again. :D
No mirrored castle float... they're going to paint it all primer gray. Matte is the new shiny.

Also, does anyone know what that giant yellow thing is on the Tangled float is? Plant? Snake? Sea serpent? I must have missed that part of the movie. Also, re: the poster who was disappointed with the "Snuggly Duckling"-ness of the Tangled float... I'm guessing the rest of the parade will be heavy on the princesses if they tried to boyify the Tangled float so much.

GiveMeTheMusic

No mirrored castle float... they're going to paint it all primer gray. Matte is the new shiny.

Also, does anyone know what that giant yellow thing is on the Tangled float is? Plant? Snake? Sea serpent? I must have missed that part of the movie. Also, re: the poster who was disappointed with the "Snuggly Duckling"-ness of the Tangled float... I'm guessing the rest of the parade will be heavy on the princesses if they tried to boyify the Tangled float so much.

I think it's her hair.

spectrodanny

The float design concept art looks really good. A nice fresh concept to bring to MK. But we all know they'll find a way to include that last castle float that's been around since the 25th anniversary. But finally a new parade!
Wait, California's version of the Castle float has been there THAT long? wow! I wonder if that means it's only use will be in the Christmas parase then?

nc_disneyfreak

this is shaping up to be a great new parade! Im a nostalgic guy, and somewhat sentimental, so i will be kind of sad that Celebrate a dream come true is ending....that was the first parade at MK my family and i saw a couple yrs ago on our first trip to WDW, and we saw it again last yr as well....ill miss that theme song lol...however, our next trip is april 2014, so just in time for the new parade and a new theme song to make new memories with!

Nmoody1

Why would anyone want this to be a day and night parade? Lets keep day parades for the day, and night parades for the night.

Sooo excited for a new parade - long overdue!

SpectroMan93

I hope TDO is taking a great notice to the resounding joy that the parade formerly known as Share a Dream Come True is going away after all these years. Maybe it will push them to update other entertainment (namely MSEP and Wishes) at MK sooner than later. On another note, I wonder if the ship on the Peter Pan float will swing back and forth. As amazing as that would be, for the cast members aboard, that would be terrifying.

jt04

I hope TDO is taking a great notice to the resounding joy that the parade formerly known as Share a Dream Come True is going away after all these years. Maybe it will push them to update other entertainment (namely MSEP and Wishes) at MK sooner than later. On another note, I wonder if the ship on the Peter Pan float will swing back and forth. As amazing as that would be, for the cast members aboard, that would be terrifying.

It will be fine as long as they remember their Dramamine.

As for MSEP, give it a nice modernization but never give it back to Disneyland. :)

cslafferty

This parade is fantastic news! But surely they aren't going to recycle the Castle float from the 1980's. Again. I mean, they just can't.

I'm also amazed at how many fans of Celebrate A Dream Come True have come forward in this thread. There are fans for a tired, formulaic day parade that's been running for the past decade (with marketing name changes just to make it kind of slimy) and slowly been downsized and cut back over the years into the shell it is today? People will actually miss that parade, and don't realize the types of fresh, new parades they've been running for the past decade in Anaheim, Tokyo and Hong Kong? Uh, maybe TDO can get away with recycling the Castle float again. :D
Those that live close by to WDW and go several times a year need to remember that those of us that live farther away and can only afford to come once a year or less have only seen CADCT a handful of times. And, for those of us whose first trips were in the late 90's or so have only known this parade. So, as we look forward to something brand new, seeing what our memories are tied to retire is also sad. That's how I will feel about Wishes! the day that ends, since I got engaged during it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom