Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Cesar R M

Well, budget cuts are of course the reason. By summer 2010, the Villains and half of the Princess unit were removed from the parade. The length was reduced from around 15 minutes to just under 10 minutes. Now, some consider it a cavalcade. Quite sad actually. Here is another video of those drastic changes:

removed? dont you mean GUTTED?
wow.. from 15 to 10 and then to 5? .
These corporate guys are seriously ruining the whole experience.

The Visionary Soul

Its a shame there wont be show stops :(. Probably there was one planned but it already got cut. Although if it didn't it would have shortly after the parade premiers anyhow lol.

I hope Steve or whoever posts the rest of the concept art soon! Which apparently CMs already got to see...
Show stops were actually the number one silent complaint (no one said anything, but everyone hated them) with the parades at Disneyland. The new parade doesn't have a show stop (a last minute decision to cut it actually) and when it premiered the LA Times applauded Disney on finally returning to a traditional format, cutting the god-awful show stop mentality.

Yeah, you're not going to see show stops for a long while in California. Can't speak for Florida's management, but not in California.

hpyhnt 1000

removed? dont you mean GUTTED?
wow.. from 15 to 10 and then to 5? .
These corporate guys are seriously ruining the whole experience.

Sorry, at 5:42, it's no longer a parade. It's a cavalcade. How this was allowed to go on for so many years is mind-blowing.

Well, budget cuts are of course the reason. By summer 2010, the Villains and half of the Princess unit were removed from the parade. The length was reduced from around 15 minutes to just under 10 minutes. Now, some consider it a cavalcade. Quite sad actually. Here is another video of those drastic changes:

If you look in the video, you'll notice the dark clouds and people opening their umbrellas as a summer storm threatens the park. You'll also notice the parade CM (woman in blue) motion to the dancers to speed up starting at 2:50, and even by the last float, the dancers are walking the route for safety. The parade was deliberately sped up to try to get it and the performers backstage before the skies opened up.

In normal conditions, I think CADCT tops out at 10ish minutes. Yes, it is a lousy parade, but its not as "short" as that video seems to indicate.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
no, 5 that have been released, the ''Royal Court Garden'' float that was mentioned in the last Disney parks blog, there are 2 more major floats and 1 smaller float. so 9 total, but keep in mind these floats are HUGE!!!

Thanks I forgot they had named some floats but not released art yet.

Last edited:

TTA94

no, 5 that have been released, the ''Royal Court Garden'' float that was mentioned in the last Disney parks blog, there are 2 more major floats and 1 smaller float. so 9 total, but keep in mind these floats are HUGE!!!

So the "Royal Court Garden" float is from Jubilation at TDL? I am guessing the smaller float will be the opening unit similar to Flights of Fantasy at HKDL? 9 floats total is a decent amount.. but the question is how many floats where there Supposed to be originally before TDOs axe came out? lol.

SpectroMan93

Most Disney parades average around 7-8 floats, so I think 9 is great. I believe it was rumored earlier that there were 26 units in the parade, 8 of them being main floats, so provided that TDO didn't bring down the gauntlet, this will be an extravagantly long parade.

wdw_cp09

Most Disney parades average around 7-8 floats, so I think 9 is great. I believe it was rumored earlier that there were 26 units in the parade, 8 of them being main floats, so provided that TDO didn't bring down the gauntlet, this will be an extravagantly long parade.
spectroman to tag on to you.... you have to remember as well: the people who design these things think big. and after they get this huge idea that's when they start to look at what's feasible and the $$$

TTA94

I think it would be so cool if Steve is at MK on opening day to introduced the parade like he did with WOC Winter Dreams at DCA. Better yet would be a AP event like DL had for Soundsational but I know that's not going to happen.

And after seeing Winter Dreams, TDOs next project for Steve should involve fountains!!!

jrh1985

I don't remember seeing that float in the last DPB post. Was there a pic? Or, is that the next float to get a pic?

Could someone give an update to MSEP & CADCT? I ask this because a site online that gives updates from the Travel Agents Calendars, posted the latest changes for Jan and March. I wasn't going to do this tonight, but after seeing MSEP at 9 &11 every night in March I thought I should post. Normally I'm thrilled when I see MSEP Twice a night the whole month but with FOF starting, and the MSEP Referb rumors, the thought of a Finale event came into mind The fact that I thought that, worries me. Is there a Finale Event comming for MSEP???

Another thing that kind of bothers me is the Jan Travel Agents calendar is not showing CADCT for Jan 1-4 any more. Its OUACT. DPB said weeks ago that CADCT's Finale is Jan1-4. disneyworld.com still shows CADCT, so who's right??

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom