Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Nmoody1

T
so i said a few weeks ago that some of the cast went to some workshops here is a version of the combos we learned

guys 2:14-2:55

girls 0:24-0:55

There is no way this is going in a Magic Kingdom parade! People dancing around like that in 3pm Florida sunshine.... I don't think so.

I wish Disney would do away with as many dancers as they have.... It's not needed.... Give us more characters roaming the parade route, shaking hands, high fiving. I was in MK this week by the railroad staton and hafar was amazin - he came up onto the pavement and was ne'er acting with folks... He even stood and watched the parade!

Nobody needs to see those 'kids' (I use the term very loosely) dancing down the street, pretending to sing when they aren't!

jrh1985

T

There is no way this is going in a Magic Kingdom parade! People dancing around like that in 3pm Florida sunshine.... I don't think so.

I wish Disney would do away with as many dancers as they have.... It's not needed.... Give us more characters roaming the parade route, shaking hands, high fiving. I was in MK this week by the railroad staton and hafar was amazin - he came up onto the pavement and was ne'er acting with folks... He even stood and watched the parade!

Nobody needs to see those 'kids' (I use the term very loosely) dancing down the street, pretending to sing when they aren't!
I disagree, I grew up with Suprise Celebration, Mickey Mania and Remember The Magic/Magical Moments. There was always a good mix of both. SADCT and DDCT had a lot fewer dancers than what I was used to. Granted the CADCT that ran from Jan-May 2009 may have over did it with the number of dancers, but once CADCT was renewed in May 2009, it had and still had the perfect mix of both. One of things that I love about CADCT so much are the dancers!! They are fantastic! The soundtrack is stunning in my mind! Keep going CADCT! For as long as you can! LOL!

aladdin2007

This may sound rude, but I can't understand how anyone can love Celebrate a Dream Come True.

lol have to agree, its below mediocrity at this stage in its current barely anything left form. It was nice when it first started, but has been constantly downsized and downgraded, its just overdue to go. Running the same daytime parade for well over a decade is just insane. But whats worse is move it shake it. I wont even get started on that one. :depressed:

ToTBellHop

lol have to agree, its below mediocrity at this stage in its current barely anything left form. It was nice when it first started, but has been constantly downsized and downgraded, its just overdue to go. Running the same daytime parade for well over a decade is just insane. But whats worse is move it shake it. I wont even get started on that one. :depressed:
It's not the same parade. They removed the balls. It's been much better behaved since then.

IWantMyMagicBand

Not sure if this has been said yet, I haven't read this thread yet, but just watched our CADCT parade on our home video so thought I would take a peek.
Anyhoo, I hadn't watch our home video, from January 2012, as my dad has a 3D camera so was waiting for him to convert to 2D for me. Since then we have been to Disneyland Paris twice, coming up for a third.
If any of you have had the chance to see the 20th Anniversary parade, it is the best parade I have ever seen. Better than the 1980's when they previewed the upcoming movies at the end by dedicating a float. Better thena the Electric Parade (and I love that!). If they can make it better then that it will be excellent.
I also watched the Magic Memories and You on video and it just looks so bare without fireworks a la Disney Dreams, and Wishes looked bare without the castle projection!
Wonder if Disney Dreams will make it to MK?

aladdin2007

Not sure if this has been said yet, I haven't read this thread yet, but just watched our CADCT parade on our home video so thought I would take a peek.
Anyhoo, I hadn't watch our home video, from January 2012, as my dad has a 3D camera so was waiting for him to convert to 2D for me. Since then we have been to Disneyland Paris twice, coming up for a third.
If any of you have had the chance to see the 20th Anniversary parade, it is the best parade I have ever seen. Better than the 1980's when they previewed the upcoming movies at the end by dedicating a float. Better thena the Electric Parade (and I love that!). If they can make it better then that it will be excellent.
I also watched the Magic Memories and You on video and it just looks so bare without fireworks a la Disney Dreams, and Wishes looked bare without the castle projection!
Wonder if Disney Dreams will make it to MK?

do you mean the 20th parade with the big inflatables or the 25th anniversary parade?

wdwfan22

Count me in the group that also hopes for fewer dancers being used in Festival of Fantasy. I always thought it was over kill in Celebrate a Dream Come True parade. For me the dancing has always been so mediocre that it takes away from the parade.

IWantMyMagicBand

Count me in the group that also hopes for fewer dancers being used in Festival of Fantasy. I always thought it was over kill in Celebrate a Dream Come True parade. For me the dancing has always been so mediocre that it takes away from the parade.
Yes!!! As I said in my earlier post, we were watching CADCT and oh the dancers were awful. Plentiful and awful and wooden.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The dancers themselves or the choreography?

mm52200

I agree that a nice mix of dancers and characters is appreciated. For me the dancers are probably my favorite part in shows and parades. They are all very talented, especially all of them that were in Block Party Bash and Disney Channel Rocks. I enjoyed those shows a lot because it allowed the cast members to be the stars for once and showcase their talents. The dancers should not be punished because of the bad choreography in CADCT. When given the chance they are all very talented, they just aren't given too many chances to show that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom