Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

jrh1985

It'll be renamed Celebrate the Fantasy by then and feature the music of whatever Disneyland gets for its 60th anniversary.
Oh, does that mean CADCT's Soundtrack will come back?? LOL!!!!

As for DL's 60th, from I've seen here and other places, I don't think DL is getting a 60th parade. Soundsational might be staying. DCA might replace PPP and a Night Parade for DL????? Does anyone have a guess when Steve will get the rights to announce HKDL's and DL's Parades??? There's been nothing as of yet.

aladdin2007

Oh, does that mean CADCT's Soundtrack will come back?? LOL!!!!

As for DL's 60th, from I've seen here and other places, I don't think DL is getting a 60th parade. Soundsational might be staying. DCA might replace PPP and a Night Parade for DL????? Does anyone have a guess when Steve will get the rights to announce HKDL's and DL's Parades??? There's been nothing as of yet.

Disneyland will be getting a new night parade for its 60th created by Steve. No word on day parade changes. I believe DCA is getting a brand new day parade, they have offered the PPP to TDO, but knowing them they wont purchase it and if they do you can bet it will be stripped down to something bare and half baked.

TTA94

I would hope WDW does it up BIG for the 50th. Im sure MK will get something big whether that be a new daytime parade, nighttime parade, nighttime show. Hopefully all of the above lol.

I was wondering the same thing when Steve will announce HKDLs new light parade which I thought was supposed to debut next year?

rodserling27

I was wondering the same thing when Steve will announce HKDLs new light parade which I thought was supposed to debut next year?
Maybe then they could actually decide to do SOMETHING with WDW's original MSEP floats that are apparently still backstage in crates at HKDL....

TTA94

Maybe then they could actually decide to do SOMETHING with WDW's original MSEP floats that are apparently still backstage in crates at HKDL....

They will probably be destroyed if they havent been already. Unless WDW wants them back and I see no reason why they would.

wogwog

Take any of the parades that have been at the MK the past several years and they are all worse than the one MK will have for January and February 2014.

TTA94

I wonder if the budget has been cut yet for FOF? or is everything still going strong and as originally planned? That will be a miracle if nothing gets cut lol. Steve better hurry up and get the floats built before TDO gets the axe out!

etwtec

Does anyone know for sure if MSEP will be shut down for the 6 months once Festival of Fantasy comes online? It will be very strange watching a daytime parade at night in replace of MSEP! Magic Kingdom has never done this that I can recall? Well besides Boo To You and Once Upon A Christmas Time.

cjk0318

Does anyone know for sure if MSEP will be shut down for the 6 months once Festival of Fantasy comes online? It will be very strange watching a daytime parade at night in replace of MSEP! Magic Kingdom has never done this that I can recall? Well besides Boo To You and Once Upon A Christmas Time.
I can confirm that it is.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Disneyland will be getting a new night parade for its 60th created by Steve. No word on day parade changes. I believe DCA is getting a brand new day parade, they have offered the PPP to TDO, but knowing them they wont purchase it and if they do you can bet it will be stripped down to something bare and half baked.

It will be a mobile DVC advertisement...

mm52200

What do you mean? How long is FOF running at night??
Supposedly MSEP is going down for a six month refurbishment once FoF opens and it will run at night in MSEP's absence. However if the six month refurbishment goes as well as Spectro Magic's hiatus which resulted in it being destroyed, well I don't think we'll be seeing a nighttime parade again except FoF at night.

doctornick

Supposedly MSEP is going down for a six month refurbishment once FoF opens and it will run at night in MSEP's absence. However if the six month refurbishment goes as well as Spectro Magic's hiatus which resulted in it being destroyed, well I don't think we'll be seeing a nighttime parade again except FoF at night.

Is there any particular reason to think that MSEP would not come back? The impression I have is that there are specific plans for rehabing floats in that parade during the 6 months off (hence why there is an actual timeframe) and that it is intended to come back. I know cynicism is common here, but is there specific reasons for concern beyond general skepticism about TDO's decisions.

I don't know if the Spectro comparison makes any sense, since that was indefinitely put on hiatus and was planned to come back in some nebulous future time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom