Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

cjk0318

Can anyone confirm this? If MK is getting floats from Tokyo, then that kills the rumor that TDLs floats are to large for MKs parade route... which was said to be the reason why MK could never get Dreamlights... Interesting.

My guess is this could be a mix of Jubilation and brand new floats. The Tangled and Peter Pan float Should be brand new. The Mickey and Minnie float Almost looks like a float from Jubilation.. redone of course. Either way, Yeah it might not be totally "brand new" but anything coming from TDL is not garbage! TDO could do a lot worse!

All floats are N E W and original to the Magic Kingdom; No clones, and no reproductions of other floats.

TTA94

I new parade house is NOT going to be built. A few people, including myself, have been notified of the correct precautions for the future of parade storage at the Magic Kingdom :)

I thought they had to build a new storage area because the floats will be large? Or will they be the same height as the other parades?

ToTBellHop

I thought they had to build a new storage area because the floats will be large? Or will they be the same height as the other parades?
They are just "fixing" the current facilities. And apparently adding the equivalent of an oil change pit under the floats like what they use at Valvoline to change your oil.

TTA94

They are just "fixing" the current facilities. And apparently adding the equivalent of an oil change pit under the floats like what they use at Valvoline to change your oil.

So basically the floats will go into the building then be lowered into the ground? Like into a new area of utilitdoors? That seems like a very extensive project and what will it prove? If its so the floats will fit, well, how will they fit into the building to begin with? lol.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
So basically the floats will go into the building then be lowered into the ground? Like into a new area of utilitdoors? That seems like a very extensive project and what will it prove? If its so the floats will fit, well, how will they fit into the building to begin with? lol.

The pit is to work on the underside of the floats with out a lift.

TTA94

The pit is to work on the underside of the floats with out a lift.

Ok, I was under the impression they had to fix the storage area so the new floats would fit as they are rumored to be larger and taller? So the new floats will be the same height as the current parades?

doctornick

Ok, I was under the impression they had to fix the storage area so the new floats would fit as they are rumored to be larger and taller? So the new floats will be the same height as the current parades?

Well, they could be taller than previous floats. This information makes me wonder if the "storage space" issue was because these floats would be too tall to lift in the storage area to work on the bottom of the floats -- presumably that is how they repaired previous floats in the past. By adding pits to the storage facility, they could thus accommodate taller floats since they would not need to be "raised" to do repair work on the base.

Last edited:

wdw_cp09

Well, they could be taller than previous floats. This information makes me wonder if the "storage space" issue was because these floats would be too tall to left in the storage area to work on the bottom of the floats -- presumably that is how they repaired previous floats in the past. By adding pits to the storage facility, they could thus accommodate taller floats since they would not need to be "raised" to do repair work on the base.

exactly... currently it takes 4 hydraulic lifts to raise the floats about 4 feet in the air (the scariest thing you will ever see). with this new pit, currently being dug, they can work on them. still the tallest door is id say about 20 feet tall.

like i said before these new floats supposedly able to telescope down. so whats 39 feet tall on route could shrink to 19 (made that # up, but to make them manageable) feet backstage.

TP2000

I'm still baffled why they completely ignored this new parade at D23 Expo. And now floats are being shipped over from Tokyo to use in it?

This has the appearance that things are changing last-minute with this parade, and that the plan is very fluid and subject to revision. And when TDO starts revising things, that always seems to mean they revise things ($$$) downward not upward. :confused:

wogwog

I honestly don't mind that WDW is getting recycled parade floats that much. Just as long as I don't see that blasted castle mirror float ever again I will be happy.

The Castle float is being repurposed for the so far secret plans for the ;) future Disney Springs parade.

SpectroMan93

And my excitement for this parade slowly starts to fade as increasing reports of recycling come in. Two parades had to be cut in order for MK to receive a partially recycled parade. And after this parade has ran for a year or so, I'm sure half of the floats and performers will be cut as well.

TTA94

Well, As upsetting as this might be, It COULD be a lot worse! TDL floats are Not garbage! Even if we got the entire Jubilation parade it would be a huge improvement from CADCT!

And until this gets officially confirmed, who knows what WDW is actually getting from TDL.. It could be seasonal floats or floats for another parade on property?

This is actually good news though that TDL floats CAN fit in the MK! Maybe we Could see Dreamlights at some point??

imagineer boy

Well, As upsetting as this might be, It COULD be a lot worse! TDL floats are Not garbage! Even if we got the entire Jubilation parade it would be a huge improvement from CADCT!

And until this gets officially confirmed, who knows what WDW is actually getting from TDL.. It could be seasonal floats or floats for another parade on property?

This is actually good news though that TDL floats CAN fit in the MK! Maybe we Could see Dreamlights at some point??

Very true. Tokyo's parade floats might as well be the most amazing and creative floats ever seen in a Disney park. I'd much rather have recycled Tokyo floats than crummy cheap new ones from TDO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom