Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

etwtec

Since CADCT will end around Christmas, and there will be a gap until March when FOF starts, Why not return the short lived Enchanted Adventures Parade?

jrh1985

Since CADCT will end around Christmas, and there will be a gap until March when FOF starts, Why not return the short lived Enchanted Adventures Parade?
Great Idea!!! Maybe as a LTM Event? If they don't need anything from Enchanted Adventures. I still don't understand why CADCT has to end so early. What does MK need from CADCT for FOF??? I thought everything was going to be new.

aladdin2007

Well, I thought there are rumors that DHS would be getting the Pixar parade from DCA (when DCA gets a new parade) so they would theoretically get a parade at some point.

I don't get cutting DAK's parade unless a new one is planned. Even if a night time show comes on line -- which probably won't be for a while -- there still needs to be something to entertain folks during the day.

They want to send the dca's pixar parade here, but TDO has to want it and take it, and we know how thats going to go. :rolleyes:

Tip Top Club

Great Idea!!! Maybe as a LTM Event? If they don't need anything from Enchanted Adventures. I still don't understand why CADCT has to end so early. What does MK need from CADCT for FOF??? I thought everything was going to be new.

It's more about infrastructure and back of house enhancements.

cjk0318

It's necessary to close the parade this early so maintenance can upgrade the parade route (already started on Main Street U.S.A.) and Parade Storage.

TTA94

Hmm but wait, MSEP and MISICI will still be running correct? So there will still be parades going down the parade route.. well MSEP anyway. I guess it makes sense for the back of house and parade storage, but even then I thought they were going to build a new storage unit? Where will they store the CADCT floats? or will they be destroyed?

I think our biggest concern is they are shutting down CADCT to reuse some floats for FOF.. Given MK history I don't think Anyone is going to believe Every float will be brand new until we see it lol.

maleficentfan

Well darn! Planning a trip in February over Valentines Day and bummmed I'm going to miss both the old AND the new parade. However, also planning another trip for 2015 so will be back to visit the MK and see the new parade, so it isn't all bad!

Crazydisneyfanluke

What if CADCT is going to DHS/AK? Give it a newish song, new dance routine, new costumes, change the parade line up a bit, then have a "New" parade. Better than trashing the whole thing if people are going to complain about not having a parade at other parks.

wdw_cp09

I think our biggest concern is they are shutting down CADCT to reuse some floats for FOF.. Given MK history I don't think Anyone is going to believe Every float will be brand new until we see it lol.

no current CDCT floats are being used, they are talking about keeping ONE. It will be stripped and used as a multipurpose moveable stage. The rest will go and Castle will be kept for christmas.

Not every float is brand new, they are getting floats from other parks.

wdw_cp09

What if CADCT is going to DHS/AK? Give it a newish song, new dance routine, new costumes, change the parade line up a bit, then have a "New" parade. Better than trashing the whole thing if people are going to complain about not having a parade at other parks.
The CDCT floats are to big to fit in Ak... and probably DHS as well.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
no current CDCT floats are being used, they are talking about keeping ONE. It will be stripped and used as a multipurpose moveable stage. The rest will go and Castle will be kept for christmas.

This is new info to me. So they are making 7 new floats and adding floats from other parades? Or will some if the 7 be repurposed floats?

Captain Chaos

So, what's the story with the rumored plans of Festival of Fantasy being shown during the day and night while MSEP gets refurbed (doesn't it scare you when a parade gets refurbed now after SpectroGate?)
Ok, so nobody has any info? Interesting since I believe it was on here where I saw it, and now cannot find it... Maybe too many fanbois are getting themselves all lathered up over the pathetic D23 this past weekend and all those major announcements!!!! Oh, wait, they are just taking bubble baths with Imagineers, dropping the soap any chance they are in front of an Imagineer...

TTA94

Floats from other parks? Which parks?

TTA94

Can anyone confirm this? If MK is getting floats from Tokyo, then that kills the rumor that TDLs floats are to large for MKs parade route... which was said to be the reason why MK could never get Dreamlights... Interesting.

My guess is this could be a mix of Jubilation and brand new floats. The Tangled and Peter Pan float Should be brand new. The Mickey and Minnie float Almost looks like a float from Jubilation.. redone of course. Either way, Yeah it might not be totally "brand new" but anything coming from TDL is not garbage! TDO could do a lot worse!

Last edited:

cjk0318

Hmm but wait, MSEP and MISICI will still be running correct? So there will still be parades going down the parade route.. well MSEP anyway. I guess it makes sense for the back of house and parade storage, but even then I thought they were going to build a new storage unit? Where will they store the CADCT floats? or will they be destroyed?

I new parade house is NOT going to be built. A few people, including myself, have been notified of the correct precautions for the future of parade storage at the Magic Kingdom :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom