Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

mm52200

Im beginning to think these rumors of changes and scheduling are false and FOF is staying exactly the way it is, or at least for a very long time.
Patience my friend, the parade has been open for two weeks. Scheduling changes wouldn't be likely to happen until the next casting period which is around May or June which is when any schedule changes are usually made. Also the parade just opened. I'm sure they're evaluating everything but they probably don't see the need to make too many changes and any of those changes probably wouldn't happen until, you guessed it May or June.

SpectroMan93

Patience my friend, the parade has been open for two weeks. Scheduling changes wouldn't be likely to happen until the next casting period which is around May or June which is when any schedule changes are usually made. Also the parade just opened. I'm sure they're evaluating everything but they probably don't see the need to make too many changes and any of those changes probably wouldn't happen until, you guessed it May or June.
I agree. Disney really has no reason to make any changes this early in the run. Guests are packing the route well before 3pm and raving about the parade. On Instagram, #festivaloffantasy has over 6,000 posts over the course of 2 weeks. In comparison, #soundsational has over 9,300 posts over the course of nearly 3 years. Not a dig at Soundsational in any way, but it is telling of the initial reaction towards Festival of Fantasy.

All things considered, Disney will be in no rush to add anything fairly major for awhile. What we do know is that Steve Davison has confirmed that they are looking into adding more fire to the Maleficent unit, music from Frozen to the Princess Garden unit, and I believe it was Kris Bunnell who mentioned the possibility of two performances during peak seasons. All-in-all, we're not quite done with FOF news for the future.

TTA94

True. I wonder if casting will happen before the end of May? I would think they will do a extra performance for Rock Your Disney Side, at least they did for CADCT.

Big Bad Wolf

Some interesting permits today. These four Buena Vista Cosntruction permits all say "Investigate Location of Holiday Arch". I wonder if this is going to be something to replace the garlands over Main Street which they won't be able to use due to the height of the FOF floats.

Investigate Location Of Holiday Arch, 1365 Monorail Way (MO7 - MK Admin) - BVCC
Investigate Location Of Holiday Arch, 1375 Monorail Way (Emporium) - BVCC
Investigate Location Of Holiday Arch, 4710 Caribbean Way (Casery's Corner) - BVCC
Investigate Locaiton of Holiday Arch, 4720 Caribbean Way (Emporium) - BVCC

image.jpg

Big Bad Wolf

With Tinker Bell going up front for a meet and greet with Mickey...and a Merida move to Tink's old hangout in Adventureland...and a possible move of frozen to Merida's old hangout....Will we see Merida and the Bagpipe exit the parade for Frozen? Technically Merida would no longer be part of the New Fantasyland....Just wondering

novawildcat18

With Tinker Bell going up front for a meet and greet with Mickey...and a Merida move to Tink's old hangout in Adventureland...and a possible move of frozen to Merida's old hangout....Will we see Merida and the Bagpipe exit the parade for Frozen? Technically Merida would no longer be part of the New Fantasyland....Just wondering
Where did it say that Merida is taking Tink's spot? Also, Frozen is not going to Merida's spot anytime soon (if ever), Frozen is going into Princess Fairytale Hall.

TTA94

Some interesting permits today. These four Buena Vista Cosntruction permits all say "Investigate Location of Holiday Arch". I wonder if this is going to be something to replace the garlands over Main Street which they won't be able to use due to the height of the FOF floats.

Investigate Location Of Holiday Arch, 1365 Monorail Way (MO7 - MK Admin) - BVCC
Investigate Location Of Holiday Arch, 1375 Monorail Way (Emporium) - BVCC
Investigate Location Of Holiday Arch, 4710 Caribbean Way (Casery's Corner) - BVCC
Investigate Locaiton of Holiday Arch, 4720 Caribbean Way (Emporium) - BVCC

View attachment 50172

Interesting.. Lights of Winter going to MK??

wdrive

Pretty much no. The last parade lasted 12 years, they are hardly going to get rid of a float that is 4 weeks old.

mm52200

Merida's not moving but honestly that wouldn't matter. The "New Fantasyland" theme is a very very loose theme. As far I'm aware Princess and the Frog, Sleeping Beauty, Frozen, and Brave really aren't represented in Fantasyland unless you count meet and greets, but barely still. So they wouldn't cut a float for that reason.

Matt_Black

Merida's not moving but honestly that wouldn't matter. The "New Fantasyland" theme is a very very loose theme. As far I'm aware Princess and the Frog, Sleeping Beauty, Frozen, and Brave really aren't represented in Fantasyland unless you count meet and greets, but barely still. So they wouldn't cut a float for that reason.

And, Tiana technically meets in Liberty Square.

Next Big Thing

I agree. Disney really has no reason to make any changes this early in the run. Guests are packing the route well before 3pm and raving about the parade. On Instagram, #festivaloffantasy has over 6,000 posts over the course of 2 weeks. In comparison, #soundsational has over 9,300 posts over the course of nearly 3 years. Not a dig at Soundsational in any way, but it is telling of the initial reaction towards Festival of Fantasy.
To be fair, soundsational debuted before Instagram got huge. So the comparison isn't really fair.

FerretAfros

Interesting.. Lights of Winter going to MK??
For what it's worth, as of at least early January (Marathon Weekend) if not earlier, the Lights of Winter have been moved from their usual resting place along Woodpecker Ln (outside the Epcot parking lot). They had been sitting back there since their last season in the park, along with some discarded Backlot Tour trams and a Jungle Cruise boat or two, all of which are now "missing".

No word on where they might have been moved to, but I would assume it's a scrapheap somewhere

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom