Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

GiveMeTheMusic

I just read that the two characters from frozen will replace Aurora on a float. I am very concerned that this very special character that has ties to the beauty and history of Disney is lost because of flash popularity of a recent movie.

It's not a flash - Frozen is going into the upper echelon of modern Disney classics and it can't be stopped. You're going to see Elsa, Anna and Olaf around for a VERY long time.

Aurora's movie is well represented here with the huge Maleficent float and the three fairies. At present though, she is the least popular of the core princesses.

Nmoody1

I wonder with the introduction of more elaborate costumes and the Florida heat, if we've bid goodbye to a 3 o clock parade and now this parade may be at a different time - maybe 5 o clock??

maleficentfan

My theory is that they might stick Aurora and Philip back in if Maleficent does well in theaters. They would do well to be placed with the Maleficent float if the rumors are true that Anna and Elsa are taking their spot on the Princess float.

tl77

I wonder with the introduction of more elaborate costumes and the Florida heat, if we've bid goodbye to a 3 o clock parade and now this parade may be at a different time - maybe 5 o clock??

There was talk that this parade would be both a day and night parade replacing Main Street Electrical Parade as well, but it'd make more sense to just run this parade once at 5 o'clock. Plus with all the work they are doing around the hub, and the introduction of the "Glow with the Show" hats, I'm getting the impression that the Castle/Fireworks show may become the main night time entertainment... but that's just a guess on my part

Matt_Black

Aurora's movie is well represented here with the huge Maleficent float and the three fairies. At present though, she is the least popular of the core princesses.

Really? Because I'd heard somewhere that after Cinderella, she's tied with Belle as the second-most popular princess. She certainly appears to be used in more Disney Princess merchandising and marketing than Snow White.

TTA94

There was talk that this parade would be both a day and night parade replacing Main Street Electrical Parade as well, but it'd make more sense to just run this parade once at 5 o'clock. Plus with all the work they are doing around the hub, and the introduction of the "Glow with the Show" hats, I'm getting the impression that the Castle/Fireworks show may become the main night time entertainment... but that's just a guess on my part

That's what I think. Light parades will be gone from wdw for a very long time if we ever see one again. :( Even the 50th I don't see one happening.

tl77

That's what I think. Light parades will be gone from wdw for a very long time if we ever see one again. :( Even the 50th I don't see one happening.

They are also getting rid of the Studio's parade, adding a night show at AK, and adding character M&G's everywhere, so it seems like they're putting all their parade money/resources into this FOF Parade

GrantR

I'd love to see Glow With The Show interact with the parade in dark-mode. Have you seen TDL's little baton Mickey ears that change with each float?

LaughingGravy

To be fair, Frozen is now the highest grossing animated Disney film of ALL time. It passed Lion King last week. I doubt the popularity will fade all that quickly...

I know, Debbie Downer here, but....
According to a quick web search, the average movie ticket price was $4.06 in 1994 compared to the average ticket price now being $8.38. While technically I don't doubt it surpassed Lion King as far as highest grossing, I seriously doubt that its number of ticket sales have come close to doubling that of Lion King.

The Lone Ranger (2013) with our friend Mr. Depp grossed $89,302,115 in the year it was released.
The Wizard of Oz grossed $16,538,431 in 1939, it's effective year of release.

Matt_Black

I know, Debbie Downer here, but....
According to a quick web search, the average movie ticket price was $4.06 in 1994 compared to the average ticket price now being $8.38. While technically I don't doubt it surpassed Lion King as far as highest grossing, I seriously doubt that its number of ticket sales have come close to doubling that of Lion King.

The Lone Ranger (2013) with our friend Mr. Depp grossed $89,302,115 in the year it was released.
The Wizard of Oz grossed $16,538,431 in 1939, it's effective year of release.

Bear in mind, part of Lion King's total comes from the Imax/ 3-D rerelease, so that skews things a skosh. I'd be more interested in a comparison of how the sales for the soundtrack's for each one.

TTA94

I am very worried how busy the MK is going to be on the first day of FOF! Or heck the next several months! You can only fit so many people along the parade route! I foresee utter chaos and a LOT of guest arguments going on! I also foresee people camping out right at park opening especially Town Square by the parade gate and Main Street!

Jose

I am very worried how busy the MK is going to be on the first day of FOF! Or heck the next several months! You can only fit so many people along the parade route! I foresee utter chaos and a LOT of guest arguments going on! I also foresee people camping out right at park opening especially Town Square by the parade gate and Main Street!
what? :eek::D

wdwfan22

I only see it bringing the die hard Disney fans to the park for FOF. I don't think it will do much as far as change attendance patterns for Magic Kingdom.

mm52200

I don't think that will happen. Most guests don't plan trips around a parade and most guests honestly won't even know that this is a brand new parade. They'll just be lining up as usual for the 3 pm parade...or whatever time it ends up being.

TTA94

I only see it bringing the die hard Disney fans to the park for FOF. I don't think it will do much as far as change attendance patterns for Magic Kingdom.

Im not so sure about that. This is MKs first major, modern, big parade! We all know how the APs and die hards can cause utter chaos in the parks on special occasions.. That's not including the DL APs and die hards who Im sure are going to want to see FOF! as well as the usual spring break crowds.. Hopefully I am wrong but we will see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom