Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

alissafalco

1555438_240111256166942_1096615243_n-550x412.jpg
1489254_240111372833597_109837957_n-550x412.jpg
1471835_240111792833555_1583079231_n.jpg

I found these online

Last edited:

jrh1985

MK's Schedule just came out for next week on wdwent.com and is there a reason why times are changed for
Sat 2/15? I ask only because I figured that MISICI would be 4 times that day seeing that it's a 8A-1A day.

TTA94

tumblr_mz2fgzARmt1r45vxxo1_500.jpg

You can see in this pic they changed the ribbon from Pink to Blue AND you can see Ray and Evangeline where Aurora used to be in Jubilation. But now Anna and Elsa will be on this float? Unless they are completely redoing the last section OR adding another section onto this float?

Stupido

Ray. Oh god, I might die.

As a matter of fact, I'm glad that they're actually putting some effort into representing PatF. Unfortunately I feel like Tiana is quickly becoming one of the "forgotten" princesses of Disney. Her M+G feels so temporary, and easily replaceable, and she's not really represented too strongly in the rest of the parks. I'm glad that they're giving Tiana some love, when they could of easily scrapped her for Anna and Elsa, who are wildly more popular. Gives me hope that in a couple years, she'll still be in the parks.

SpectroMan93

But now Anna and Elsa will be on this float? Unless they are completely redoing the last section OR adding another section onto this float?
The float is rather perfect as it is, and I couldn't see them adding a section dedicated to Frozen without it looking, well, frozen. Elsa and Anna's placement in the parade is still very much a mystery, but I'm willing to let that stay a surprise until FOF's debut. Though, I can confirm from a friend who was at a rehearsal that the music is indeed ORIGINAL. And according to him, "very much amazing".

Last edited:

etwtec

The float is rather perfect as it is, and I couldn't see them adding a section dedicated to Frozen without it looking, well, frozen. Elsa and Anna's placement in the parade is still very much a mystery, but I'm willing to let that stay a surprise until FOF's debut. Though, I can confirm from a friend who was at a rehearsal that the music is indeed ORIGINAL. And according to him, "very much amazing".

I knew once rehearsals started more info would start to slip out :D.

TTA94

And a few on here seemed SO certain the music was a copy of HIH... lol. This is fantastic news! Something we have Never heard before!

Sped2424

Technically yes, Dumbo/Pinocchio is two floats, but they are linked together as one unit. But that still doesn't change the fact that they are quality floats. Remember the Magic used floats from the Aladdin and Lion King parades, and the Festival of the Lion King subsequently uses the Lion King floats, yet that doesn't make it a cheap show. And from what I can gather from the bits and pieces given out on this thread, the soundtrack will be mostly new, and according to insiders, quite gorgeous.
Yes all I was saying was back in the day such as the mulan, aladdin, and hercules parade all the floats were giant and huge, and new. It's just me being nit picky, but when you think of how it was supposed to be a parade completely new and devoid of anything recycled it still is a little disappointing. Even though those floats are fantastic imagine what was replaced for those to live, judging by the scale of our parade it must have been something beautiful. Well any ideas to when this thing finally rolls out! I hear sometime this month.

Sped2424

Ray. Oh god, I might die.

As a matter of fact, I'm glad that they're actually putting some effort into representing PatF. Unfortunately I feel like Tiana is quickly becoming one of the "forgotten" princesses of Disney. Her M+G feels so temporary, and easily replaceable, and she's not really represented too strongly in the rest of the parks. I'm glad that they're giving Tiana some love, when they could of easily scrapped her for Anna and Elsa, who are wildly more popular. Gives me hope that in a couple years, she'll still be in the parks.
Anna and elsa wouldn't match her area anyways! But Tiana is a favorite of mine, how I would die if they made her restaurant a reality somewhere at the resort, if they put it in port orleans resort that could very well be a huge deal.

etwtec

It would be cool if there was a separate theme song like Happiness Is Here along with the parade version. Typically that only happens for Anniversary's though.

Funmeister's Delight

They have done parades on this scale before at least at the studios,
Disney-Parade-HercParade02.jpg
'
Hercules parade, the Aladdin parade, the mulan parade just to name a few. These never caused traffic jams, also consider that the parades are running every day several times a day. Meaning if you miss one sure enough you can see it whenever the next time is that you go, simply put there is no reason to be there opening day. Where as the villain night that did cause issues with annual pass holders and traffic was a one time thing. I am sure this will be a lovely parade, but even so they have done this level of quality (And most likely above considering how half of these floats are just brought over) before. It wasn't until the early 2000's I believe that the parades here at wdw began to suck eggs.
That photo is from Disneyland.

Matt_Black

Yes all I was saying was back in the day such as the mulan, aladdin, and hercules parade all the floats were giant and huge, and new. It's just me being nit picky, but when you think of how it was supposed to be a parade completely new and devoid of anything recycled it still is a little disappointing. Even though those floats are fantastic imagine what was replaced for those to live, judging by the scale of our parade it must have been something beautiful. Well any ideas to when this thing finally rolls out! I hear sometime this month.

Different time. That was the Disney Renaissance / Disney Decade when pretty much every part of the company was making profits, and they made sure to reinvest back to continue to make more profits.

Then, you had 9/11 and the resulting travel slump, the recession, a series of movies that aren't as highly regarded as what came before, and Eisner's removal as CEO.

SpectroMan93

@Jose The Mickey and Minnie float is supposed to be an extension of the Pinocchio/Dumbo float. However, I do wonder if there will be any changes made to the Dumbo float due to the similarities in those photos. Geez, and that Little Mermaid costume is really stunning. I hope these costumes transfer well from paper to reality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom