Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

asianway

Isn't Ariel in VOTLM a union gig? So does that mean that all performers in that role across WDW are unionized? I'm not sure that I buy that (though it certainly seems to make sense under union logic, where they want as many members as possible)

It just makes no sense to me why a singer and someone doing meet & greets at dinner need the same union support. Yes, they are playing the same character, but they have very different roles that are essentially unrelated to each other
There're all union. Ariel in VOTLMis an equity gig-pay starts slightly above characters how wages but can negotiate their own contracts to earn more. Every other Ariel-mng, parade, fantastic is in the character union covered by the services trade contract.

DJMoore2011

Not sure if these were posted already..

Raven costume artwork:

Bf0c0PRIIAAtuSg.jpg

source: https://twitter.com/InsideTheMagic/status/431532823200399360/photo/1

and another:

Bf0cj66IQAEkN5y.jpg

source: pic.twitter.com/rQnPb4uTzP

According to InsideTheMagic more costumes will be revealed on Monday.

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!

The Raven is beyond Amazing. I hope they look this good STILL when I go in 2015. I would hate to have read and seen all this amazing stuff, then get there in 2015 and see costumes replaced at less quality and cuts made.

TTA94

Two huge concerns I have is, How are the performers going to handel this parade and costumes during the scorching summer months! These are not the simple light ribbon costumes from CADCT!
Also in general how long will it take before major cuts are made to this parade once it debuts? I know this is ,and has been, a major concern of ours from day one. I wish we didn't have to worry.

jrh1985

Not a bad thing at all, right? ;)

To step from some some of the most embarrassing costuming to some of the most beautiful so suddenly is going to be gorgeous.
View attachment 45584
Good bye, tacky ribbon uniforms. I for one will not miss you at all.
Maybe it's because CADCT struck a cord with me and I guess only me, but Those are NOT embarrassing Costmues!!!!!!! I don't think WDW has ever had embarrrassing costumes! And my memory's been around since the 1990 TV Easter Parade. Not even MISICI or the new Spectromen I didn't like the faces but the costumes were fine.

As for the coming costumes, OMG!OMG!OMG! LOL!!!! Better than CADCT? Yes but that doesn't mean CADCT's were awful.

One thing I cant figure out is the LM costume. It looks like royalty!! But for which kingdom? Triton's or Eric's?

Rambler

I just read that the two characters from frozen will replace Aurora on a float. I am very concerned that this very special character that has ties to the beauty and history of Disney is lost because of flash popularity of a recent movie.

jrh1985

I just read that the two characters from frozen will replace Aurora on a float. I am very concerned that this very special character that has ties to the beauty and history of Disney is lost because of flash popularity of a recent movie.
I will get to see just how popular that movie is tomorrow! Has the Frozen music made it into FOF?

TTA94

And from what was said on here, they will be on the float that opens the parade.. I for one hope they will be on a different float!

Bolt

To be fair, Frozen is now the highest grossing animated Disney film of ALL time. It passed Lion King last week. I doubt the popularity will fade all that quickly...

SpectroMan93

Two huge concerns I have is, How are the performers going to handel this parade and costumes during the scorching summer months! These are not the simple light ribbon costumes from CADCT!
My main concern is the wings on the raven costume getting burdensome, but otherwise, they don't look all that heavy. Intricate and detailed and outright gorgeous, very much so, but to me it looks like they're designed to be at least somewhat doable during the summer. Keep in mind that this parade is also designed to be performed in the evening also, well past the hotter time of day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom