FEBRUARY Never Again!!!!!!!!!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
WHAT IS GOING ON WITH DISNEY THIS WEEK? My husband, myself and our three DD's are here at what was SUPPOSED TO BE the happiest place on earth. We arrived Tuesday 2/21 and stay thru this Wednesday 3/01. THE CROWDS ARE INSANE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! Kids everywhere lines have been TERRIBLE!!! It feels like something out of a bad dream that you think will be over the next day........but NOOOOOOO!. Since when did schools start having Spring Break in FEBRUARY??? This is FEBRUARY!!!!! We took this vacation at the spur of the moment knowing we would be arriving during a SLOW time of year, if this is even a thing any more??? Do people not let their precious little angels go to school any more? Oh of course not, they have to crowd up the parks in the middle of WINTER! I am sorry to sound this upset but we were not expecting the crowds we have encountered so far during the dead of winter season. I understand why February 20 would be busy as it is a holiday. I can understand why the weekend days before would be busy, as those attach on to a 3 day weekend for many schools. So guess what? We avoided those days because of that. But the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday AFTER????? THIS IS NOT SPRING BREAK YET. We planned on purpose to arrive AFTER the holiday weekend so we could actually, you know, ENJOY THE PARKS WITHOUT IT FEELING LIKE SUMMER OR NEW YEAR. Well you can guess how this has paid us back so far. I will tell you never again. Never EVER again. I am beyond PO'd. Even our DD's are over it. No we are not wanting to cut the trip short or anything but would be nice if people would get their brats back in SCHOOL WHEN IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SPRING BREAK YET SO MAYBE THOSE OF US WHO AVOID RUSH TIMES CAN ENJOY THE PARKS WE PAY OVER 100.00 A DAY FOR WITHOUT BEING BUMPED PUSHED AND HAVING TO WAIT BEHIND EVERY OTHER FAMILY IN THE USA. Is that too much to ask? To take a vacation in FEBRUARY and actually it feel like February? We also knew that by going now we would avoid the opening of Avatar and have most of DHS under construction. Guess what? PACKED! Parks are packed. What are people flooding into DHS to look at? Construction walls???? It was a mess and a zoo there yet people packed in like sardines like their life depended on it this week. GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LET THOSE OF US WHO FOR YEARS TREASURED A LITTLE OFF SEASON HAVE IT BACK AGAIN! You can clog up the parks during the summer or spring break or winter holidays. I work as a middle school counselor so I KNOW those are times to avoid when everyone is free to travel. So what do we do? We stay HOME during those times, and plan accordingly when we KNOW or thought we knew the parks would be slow. I am sitting here in our POP room at 3 in the morning just shaking thinking about how everything we thought this week would be has backfired on us. Shorter lines in middle of February? WRONG! Not having to feel like you're walking through Manhattan just to find a seat at quick service? WRONG! Will be visiting the parks again in the month of February? WRONG!!! Thank you for a lovely week but no thanks. This woman is ready for some peace and quiet after this is all said and done. A tip to all you wanting to go this time of year........... BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!
Okay, I read all the way to the end to ensure that no one else has said it yet, but YOU ARE A KOOK!
Seriously - a kook.

On the plus side, I doubt you'll be returning to this thread, because we didn't all join hands and commiserate with your misfortune.

Beware, indeed.

mousehockey37

Okay, I read all the way to the end to ensure that no one else has said it yet, but YOU ARE A KOOK!
Seriously - a kook.

On the plus side, I doubt you'll be returning to this thread, because we didn't all join hands and commiserate with your misfortune.

Beware, indeed.

That's what Katiebugs do... Create an account, rant, and leave, never to be seen again.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Sadly there are people that feel the need to be entitled by ranting and raving about how they wished the crowds were low and how much they paid for the trip. Seriously, it's a THEME PARK. Trolling or not, did you honestly expect it to be dead because February is supposed to be a down period? It should be a requirement for people who JUST SIGNED UP TO VENT to post pictures detailing their visit as well. If not, it should be treated as BS.

rob0519

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH DISNEY THIS WEEK? My husband, myself and our three DD's are here at what was SUPPOSED TO BE the happiest place on earth. We arrived Tuesday 2/21 and stay thru this Wednesday 3/01. THE CROWDS ARE INSANE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! Kids everywhere lines have been TERRIBLE!!! It feels like something out of a bad dream that you think will be over the next day........but NOOOOOOO!. Since when did schools start having Spring Break in FEBRUARY??? This is FEBRUARY!!!!! We took this vacation at the spur of the moment knowing we would be arriving during a SLOW time of year, if this is even a thing any more??? Do people not let their precious little angels go to school any more? Oh of course not, they have to crowd up the parks in the middle of WINTER! I am sorry to sound this upset but we were not expecting the crowds we have encountered so far during the dead of winter season. I understand why February 20 would be busy as it is a holiday. I can understand why the weekend days before would be busy, as those attach on to a 3 day weekend for many schools. So guess what? We avoided those days because of that. But the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday AFTER????? THIS IS NOT SPRING BREAK YET. We planned on purpose to arrive AFTER the holiday weekend so we could actually, you know, ENJOY THE PARKS WITHOUT IT FEELING LIKE SUMMER OR NEW YEAR. Well you can guess how this has paid us back so far. I will tell you never again. Never EVER again. I am beyond PO'd. Even our DD's are over it. No we are not wanting to cut the trip short or anything but would be nice if people would get their brats back in SCHOOL WHEN IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SPRING BREAK YET SO MAYBE THOSE OF US WHO AVOID RUSH TIMES CAN ENJOY THE PARKS WE PAY OVER 100.00 A DAY FOR WITHOUT BEING BUMPED PUSHED AND HAVING TO WAIT BEHIND EVERY OTHER FAMILY IN THE USA. Is that too much to ask? To take a vacation in FEBRUARY and actually it feel like February? We also knew that by going now we would avoid the opening of Avatar and have most of DHS under construction. Guess what? PACKED! Parks are packed. What are people flooding into DHS to look at? Construction walls???? It was a mess and a zoo there yet people packed in like sardines like their life depended on it this week. GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LET THOSE OF US WHO FOR YEARS TREASURED A LITTLE OFF SEASON HAVE IT BACK AGAIN! You can clog up the parks during the summer or spring break or winter holidays. I work as a middle school counselor so I KNOW those are times to avoid when everyone is free to travel. So what do we do? We stay HOME during those times, and plan accordingly when we KNOW or thought we knew the parks would be slow. I am sitting here in our POP room at 3 in the morning just shaking thinking about how everything we thought this week would be has backfired on us. Shorter lines in middle of February? WRONG! Not having to feel like you're walking through Manhattan just to find a seat at quick service? WRONG! Will be visiting the parks again in the month of February? WRONG!!! Thank you for a lovely week but no thanks. This woman is ready for some peace and quiet after this is all said and done. A tip to all you wanting to go this time of year........... BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!

I'm sorry your trip is disappointing. Beyond PO'd, calling other people's children brats, let YOU have your offseason back? Wow, it's like Katiebug II.
Paragraphs are your friends. Sorry, but this took forever to read.

mousehockey37

I'm sorry your trip is disappointing. Beyond PO'd, calling other people's children brats, let YOU have your offseason back? Wow, it's like Katiebug II.
Paragraphs are your friends. Sorry, but this took forever to read.

Here's the cliff notes version...

:cry:WAAAAAAAH, People, :cry:WAAAAAAAH, Money, :cry:WAAAAAAAH Go away :cry:WAAAAAH Never again.:cry:

I think I'm pretty close.;)

mousehockey37

We're on Page 6 and the OP hasnt been seen since Post #3......

More than likely, that was the last we will see them. I do believe the real Katiebug did come back on after a year or so away, and her return went about as well as you've expected it to. So... IF the OP comes back, I'm sure we'll give them a "warm" reception, lol.

jgj123

Well, we arrived on the 25th. Knew about Mardi Gras because we are from New Orleans and thats why we are here - along with what seems like most of southern Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama as usual. Also, there are a few New Orleans high schools that are marching at the Magic Kingdom Mardi Gras week, so bands, dance teams friends and family are here.

We weren't aware of the marathon event, but that only affected our bus ride to the magic kingdom Sunday (took an hour from all stars) and had larger crowds that afternoon and didn't affect our enjoyment the least. We still had a good time and accomplished more that morning than we did in 2015 at Thanksgiving.

No problem today at Studios, other than heat but that's just how it is down South.

Your Disney trip is what you make of it.

Happy Mardi Gras from Disney.

BuddyThomas

Hey look everyone, it's Katiebug Version 2.0.

I call Fake News and Alternative Facts on this one. I'm betting there is about a 90% chance that none of this ever happened and some lunatic provocateur had too much time on his or her hands and decided to troll the living hell out of this board.

I can't believe people fell for this but then again, people fell for.....oh wait. Never mind.
;)

mousehockey37

Hey look everyone, it's Katiebug Version 2.0.

I call Fake News and Alternative Facts on this one. I'm betting there is about a 90% chance that none of this ever happened and some lunatic provocateur had too much time on his or her hands and decided to troll the living hell out of this board.

I can't believe people fell for this but then again, people fell for.....oh wait. Never mind.
;)

There's nothing more uniting than a Katiebug...

JohnD

I originally had a trip planned for 3/31-4/2 but plans changed so unable to go that weekend. The next available weekend for me is 4/21-24. Yes, I'm aware the SW Half Marathon is that weekend. I'll enjoy myself anyway and work with the crowds.

(May is out. I'm hoping to go on an international trip that month--not the whole month but can't really do a one week trip with the expectation to take more time off from work the same month.)

You're trying way too hard. I haven't read through this thread yet, but I'm sure no one would fall for this really obvious bait. Put some more effort into it next time.

Goofyernmost

And such an obsession with "spring break". All northerners know about "Mid-winter break" which traditionally took place around Presidents day. The last week in February running into the first few days of March. That's when we always took our family trips to WDW. The kids were out of school, usually for 7 school days (with two weekends involved and it was the perfect time to go to Florida. Out of the nastiness of winter for a few days. That goes back to the 80's and 90's and frankly the crowds were lighter back then, but, it was always busy that week in February.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom