FEBRUARY Never Again!!!!!!!!!

G00fyDad

She's minus a kid between that post and this one - her son...

Or just another of "those guests".

I think dear, sweet Katie was a troll. Too much detail and embellishment - owns Disney stock, is a travel agent, superlative descriptions of her children, etc.

I really wonder about the people who like to troll boards like this. What make them tick?

Narcissism.

Grimley1968

This thread and the Katiebug thread are obviously similar in content and the almost unbelievably entitled attitude, but I don't think they're the same person. The writing styles are just too different for me to believe that, not to mention the differences in family makeup.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
This thread and the Katiebug thread are obviously similar in content and the almost unbelievably entitled attitude, but I don't think they're the same person. The writing styles are just too different for me to believe that, not to mention the differences in family makeup.

But who's to say that either poster was accurate in the details provided. If I was going to troll a site, I'd make up things like family, occupation, etc. Not saying the OP for this thread is one, but that sweet Katie probably was....

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm here right now. Came down for the Princess Half races. Visited DHS on Friday after the 5k. Yeah, it was crowded, but I chalked it up to lack of rides and space because of the construction. Epcot wasn't very crowded Saturday afternoon. Haven't been to MK yet, since I've got a couple of bad blisters on the bottom of one foot after running the Half yesterday, so I'm enjoying a nice day in my room before I return home tomorrow.

The weather, once the rain passed through on Wednesday, has been gorgeous!

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I bet people are having a wonderful, dare I say magical time at WDW today.

cJduL3Sl.jpg

Cfy0Xgkl.jpg

IrSXI5ul.jpg

5RIDFRMl.jpg

Edit: Looks like Spaceship Earth is back down to a more realistic 20 minutes.

Last edited:

Kieffer12

I'm here right now. Came down for the Princess Half races. Visited DHS on Friday after the 5k. Yeah, it was crowded, but I chalked it up to lack of rides and space because of the construction. Epcot wasn't very crowded Saturday afternoon. Haven't been to MK yet, since I've got a couple of bad blisters on the bottom of one foot after running the Half yesterday, so I'm enjoying a nice day in my room before I return home tomorrow.

The weather, once the rain passed through on Wednesday, has been gorgeous!
WHAT IS GOING ON WITH DISNEY THIS WEEK? My husband, myself and our three DD's are here at what was SUPPOSED TO BE the happiest place on earth. We arrived Tuesday 2/21 and stay thru this Wednesday 3/01. THE CROWDS ARE INSANE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! Kids everywhere lines have been TERRIBLE!!! It feels like something out of a bad dream that you think will be over the next day........but NOOOOOOO!. Since when did schools start having Spring Break in FEBRUARY??? This is FEBRUARY!!!!! We took this vacation at the spur of the moment knowing we would be arriving during a SLOW time of year, if this is even a thing any more??? Do people not let their precious little angels go to school any more? Oh of course not, they have to crowd up the parks in the middle of WINTER! I am sorry to sound this upset but we were not expecting the crowds we have encountered so far during the dead of winter season. I understand why February 20 would be busy as it is a holiday. I can understand why the weekend days before would be busy, as those attach on to a 3 day weekend for many schools. So guess what? We avoided those days because of that. But the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday AFTER????? THIS IS NOT SPRING BREAK YET. We planned on purpose to arrive AFTER the holiday weekend so we could actually, you know, ENJOY THE PARKS WITHOUT IT FEELING LIKE SUMMER OR NEW YEAR. Well you can guess how this has paid us back so far. I will tell you never again. Never EVER again. I am beyond PO'd. Even our DD's are over it. No we are not wanting to cut the trip short or anything but would be nice if people would get their brats back in SCHOOL WHEN IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SPRING BREAK YET SO MAYBE THOSE OF US WHO AVOID RUSH TIMES CAN ENJOY THE PARKS WE PAY OVER 100.00 A DAY FOR WITHOUT BEING BUMPED PUSHED AND HAVING TO WAIT BEHIND EVERY OTHER FAMILY IN THE USA. Is that too much to ask? To take a vacation in FEBRUARY and actually it feel like February? We also knew that by going now we would avoid the opening of Avatar and have most of DHS under construction. Guess what? PACKED! Parks are packed. What are people flooding into DHS to look at? Construction walls???? It was a mess and a zoo there yet people packed in like sardines like their life depended on it this week. GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LET THOSE OF US WHO FOR YEARS TREASURED A LITTLE OFF SEASON HAVE IT BACK AGAIN! You can clog up the parks during the summer or spring break or winter holidays. I work as a middle school counselor so I KNOW those are times to avoid when everyone is free to travel. So what do we do? We stay HOME during those times, and plan accordingly when we KNOW or thought we knew the parks would be slow. I am sitting here in our POP room at 3 in the morning just shaking thinking about how everything we thought this week would be has backfired on us. Shorter lines in middle of February? WRONG! Not having to feel like you're walking through Manhattan just to find a seat at quick service? WRONG! Will be visiting the parks again in the month of February? WRONG!!! Thank you for a lovely week but no thanks. This woman is ready for some peace and quiet after this is all said and done. A tip to all you wanting to go this time of year........... BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!

Our family used to go in February every year. It got so crowded that we started going in October. The crowds are very manageable in October.

Disvillain63

Time of year and size of crowds do not control whether your family has a good time...your personal attitude controls this. In the past couple of years, we have been to WDW in January, March, July, September, October, and November. We have gone in September and had low crowds but hot and humid...we still had a good time. In July, we had wall-to-wall people and hot, humid conditions with a 2 year old and 3.5 year old...we still had a blast. It's all in what you make of it.

G00fyDad

I bet people are having a wonderful, dare I say magical time at WDW today.

cJduL3Sl.jpg

Cfy0Xgkl.jpg

IrSXI5ul.jpg

5RIDFRMl.jpg

Edit: Looks like Spaceship Earth is back down to a more realistic 20 minutes.

Those are from around 2:30pm. Yeah, it's going to be very busy during that time of the day. There are quite a few people who are day trip people who aren't going to get to the parks until around noon. Others are groups that are on vacation for a vacation and sleep in. They aren't getting to the parks at open either. Then there are those people who just finished eating lunch and are headed to the rides now. The wait times always balloon up around this time of the day. :)

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Those are from around 2:30pm. Yeah, it's going to be very busy during that time of the day. There are quite a few people who are day trip people who aren't going to get to the parks until around noon. Others are groups that are on vacation for a vacation and sleep in. They aren't getting to the parks at open either. Then there are those people who just finished eating lunch and are headed to the rides now. The wait times always balloon up around this time of the day. :)

Correct, but it's also what so many people knew as "off season". Just a couple of years ago everything was a walk on this time of year, I remember not even stopping before boarding the ride on Space Mountain many times in Feb. I'm not saying OP is right or wrong, just that it's not what it used to be. WDW has no seasons anymore. I kind of understand OPs frustration in a way, people can't really just go to WDW on a whim anymore and have a good time. There's definitely a level of entitlement that's flowing through the post though. The "lets all just get in the car and go to WDW" style vacation is dead.

MickeyMomV

That is exactly why we leave about 1 and don't come back till about 5 or 6.

Chef Mickey

Blame it on sites like this one that publicize the "slow times" for their readers. Then everybody goes during those "slow times," making them "crowded" and leaving a gap when everyone else would have gone.

Then someone discovers that gap, posts about how slow it was during that visit, and the cycle begins anew.

There actually IS a good time to go, but there's no way I'm going to mention it here... ;)
The slow times, included yours are no secret. Truth be told, any day can be pretty busy.

TP2000

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH DISNEY THIS WEEK? My husband, myself and our three DD's are here at what was SUPPOSED TO BE the happiest place on earth.

You went to Disneyland? The Happiest Place On Earth has been Disneyland's official marketing slogan for over 60 years, but Walt Disney World has never used that marketing slogan. :D

THE CROWDS ARE INSANE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! Kids everywhere lines have been TERRIBLE!!! It feels like something out of a bad dream that you think will be over the next day........but NOOOOOOO!. Since when did schools start having Spring Break in FEBRUARY??? This is FEBRUARY!!!!! We took this vacation at the spur of the moment knowing we would be arriving during a SLOW time of year, if this is even a thing any more??? Do people not let their precious little angels go to school any more? Oh of course not, they have to crowd up the parks in the middle of WINTER! I am sorry to sound this upset but we were not expecting the crowds we have encountered so far during the dead of winter season. I understand why February 20 would be busy as it is a holiday. I can understand why the weekend days before would be busy, as those attach on to a 3 day weekend for many schools. So guess what? We avoided those days because of that. But the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday AFTER????? THIS IS NOT SPRING BREAK YET. We planned on purpose to arrive AFTER the holiday weekend so we could actually, you know, ENJOY THE PARKS WITHOUT IT FEELING LIKE SUMMER OR NEW YEAR. Well you can guess how this has paid us back so far. I will tell you never again. Never EVER again. I am beyond PO'd. Even our DD's are over it. No we are not wanting to cut the trip short or anything but would be nice if people would get their brats back in SCHOOL WHEN IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SPRING BREAK YET SO MAYBE THOSE OF US WHO AVOID RUSH TIMES CAN ENJOY THE PARKS WE PAY OVER 100.00 A DAY FOR WITHOUT BEING BUMPED PUSHED AND HAVING TO WAIT BEHIND EVERY OTHER FAMILY IN THE USA. Is that too much to ask? To take a vacation in FEBRUARY and actually it feel like February? We also knew that by going now we would avoid the opening of Avatar and have most of DHS under construction. Guess what? PACKED! Parks are packed. What are people flooding into DHS to look at? Construction walls???? It was a mess and a zoo there yet people packed in like sardines like their life depended on it this week. GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LET THOSE OF US WHO FOR YEARS TREASURED A LITTLE OFF SEASON HAVE IT BACK AGAIN! You can clog up the parks during the summer or spring break or winter holidays. I work as a middle school counselor so I KNOW those are times to avoid when everyone is free to travel. So what do we do? We stay HOME during those times, and plan accordingly when we KNOW or thought we knew the parks would be slow. I am sitting here in our POP room at 3 in the morning just shaking thinking about how everything we thought this week would be has backfired on us. Shorter lines in middle of February? WRONG! Not having to feel like you're walking through Manhattan just to find a seat at quick service? WRONG! Will be visiting the parks again in the month of February? WRONG!!! Thank you for a lovely week but no thanks. This woman is ready for some peace and quiet after this is all said and done. A tip to all you wanting to go this time of year........... BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!

As for the rest of your TR, many schools have the entire week off for President's Day now. Some schools just have two days off for President's Day, but parents take their kids out for the entire week and make a late winter vacation out of it. The off season disappeared entirely about a decade ago. Sad, isn't it? :arghh:

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Poor guy...he'll now be known as the Steve Harvey of the Oscars!
To make things worse for Warren, it wasn't even him who called out the wrong winner last night. It was Faye Dunaway. Warren takes the envelope which was handed to him. He looks at the inside with confusion as to what he sees, knowing there is an error. He looks at Faye. He looks at audience. His eyes say "Help! Something is wrong!". Faye leans over his shoulder after the long awkward pause and yells out "La La Land!" Warren gets labeled the next day as the one who made the wrong call. As my wife jokingly said this morning: "In today's PC America, women can no longer do wrong, even when we do wrong." lol

Here is video for those who missed it last night. Starting at the beginning when he opens the envelope and you can see in his expression he knows something is wrong. Tell me how anyone can see this and translate it into Warren announces wrong best picture winner? When did he ever say "La La Land" ? Even the title to this very video says Warren announces the wrong winner. Am I the only one seeing her, not him, say the wrong name? What am I missing America?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom