FEBRUARY Never Again!!!!!!!!!

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Awww. 9 pages later and no trip update from the OP. Maybe all the little brats (not hers) went home and things are going better.

I pulled this off of OPs phone a moment ago, looks like it's labeled Day 1: Magic Kingdom, main street.

hell_forever_and_ever.jpg

JillC LI

Last summer when I was booking a trip for 2017, I considered this week because our kids (like most in the northeast) would be on school break that week. A quick look at the crowd calendar on touringplans.com which showed all 9s and 10s that week cured me of that idea. We went in January and had an amazing time with moderate crowds. Too bad you didn't look into that issue in advance as well.

Just FYI (not sure if anyone said it earlier) Long Island/NYC and some New England schools have a winter break during president's day week. We've had that break for at least 40+ years. Very popular time for us to travel as many other regions in the country do not have a break. I'm sure there were LOTS of New Yawkas there!!

MinnieWaffles

Not sure what's funnier..the OP or the people unironically agreeing with them. Like it's the most popular theme park in the world, did you really expect to skip down a empty main street? (except there was a thread on here where someone got mad because that was false advertising in the TV commercials, like they ever depict reality...)

AndrewsJ

Thank you for your kind words and yes we didn't know about the marathon until we got here. Nobody's fault for that one. The mardi gras thing does not affect us, as the school system I work at is in the Rockville Maryland area, and we only got last Monday February 20 off as a holiday. It was all just a frustrating surprise for us all that nobody was expecting or felt that we deserved given the time of year we decided to travel. We will try to make the most of our last day and a half here.
But the Mardis Gras thing does affect you If you go to WDW during that time. It's well known around these parts to be a very crowded time for WDW. And you feel you didn't deserve crowds because you traveled when you "assumed" would be a less crowded time? Sorry but entitled much? There is an old saying about assuming. I guess it is much easier to come here and complain after the fact rather than do the research ahead of time. SMH

This is obviously a troll but I still can't help but make it worse!

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Just FYI, Universal and SeaWorld's crowds have been light to moderate. I understand that it is frustrating that there are very few slow periods left at WDW, and even then it's limited to only a few days and mostly luck of the draw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom