FEBRUARY Never Again!!!!!!!!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
I find it ironic everyone is pouring on the gas... yet not one person mentioned the possibility that crowds were even higher than expected.

Even the kings of research... touring plans... had the mid week pegged for 5-7/10 crowds and reported higher crowds everyday.

And the mid Atlantic does not have these "winter breaks". The states here typically have Christmas and Easter period breaks.

NearTheEars

I find it ironic everyone is pouring on the gas... yet not one person mentioned the possibility that crowds were even higher than expected.

Even the kings of research... touring plans... had the mid week pegged for 5-7/10 crowds and reported higher crowds everyday.

And the mid Atlantic does not have these "winter breaks". The states here typically have Christmas and Easter period breaks.

The complaining by a person that allegedly works as counselor at a school about too many people taking their brats out and ruining her vacation is the bigger issue here. Not to mention she said she brought her two daughters with her as well.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

Pictures of terrible wait times are in the thread.

Goofyernmost

You are correct, mid-winter break is strictly a northern perk** and frankly who needs the mid-Atlantic states to make a crowd. New York City alone could pretty much fill the place up.
Perk is a PC term. It actually is better described as a maintaining a lower suicide rate necessity.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The complaining by a person that allegedly works as counselor at a school about too many people taking their brats out and ruining her vacation is the bigger issue here. Not to mention she said she brought her two daughters with her as well.

And that is why reporting and the internet is a cesspool- people focusing on the drama

NearTheEars

And that is why reporting and the internet is a cesspool- people focusing on the drama

The OP was filled with drama. Not sure what you expected to follow.
And it's not breaking news that crowd levels were exceeded, that happens all the time.

Admittedly I'm spoiled as a local, so high crowds don't bother me. I get my 3 FPs in and whatever else is reasonable knowing I can come back next week.

rct247

It really hasn't been THAT busy. It was busier during this time of year a few years ago. It is much busier other times of the year. January and September are really the only safe months for lower crowds anymore and even then January can sometimes be hit or miss.

Unless the there are no lines, people still think it is crowded.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
The OP was filled with drama. Not sure what you expected to follow.
And it's not breaking news that crowd levels were exceeded, that happens all the time.

Admittedly I'm spoiled as a local, so high crowds don't bother me. I get my 3 FPs in and whatever else is reasonable knowing I can come back next week.

Ditto. Next week, or tomorrow.

Magenta Panther

The only reliably "slow" times at WDW that I have experienced have been in April and October (except Halloween of course). I'm sorry you had such a rough time. I once visited WDW at the tail end of September, and while the crowds weren't too bad, man, the heat was. And the humidity! In September! I'd be walking through the park and find that the heat was fairly bearable and then suddenly hit like this wall of wet air. :p I'd pass through it and find myself drenched in sweat. Florida is weird that way. The others here are right, you DO have to be aware of school groups and special events and so on if you want a relatively relaxed visit at any Disney park these days. I hope that the next time you go to WDW you have a better time. Just plan, plan, plan first!

willtravel

That level crowd in that area of the park is very common. It wouldn't surprise me to learn it's within the last couple of weeks.
I was at WDW at Thanksgiving 2016 for a week. It was crowded but not like that. Maybe we had good timing or the days we were there were timed well..

Goofyernmost

The only reliably "slow" times at WDW that I have experienced have been in April and October (except Halloween of course). I'm sorry you had such a rough time. I once visited WDW at the tail end of September, and while the crowds weren't too bad, man, the heat was. And the humidity! In September! I'd be walking through the park and find that the heat was fairly bearable and then suddenly hit like this wall of wet air. :p I'd pass through it and find myself drenched in sweat. Florida is weird that way. The others here are right, you DO have to be aware of school groups and special events and so on if you want a relatively relaxed visit at any Disney park these days. I hope that the next time you go to WDW you have a better time. Just plan, plan, plan first!
Been there with the heat and humidity in September. I was there, staying offsite, many years ago and the entire north side of 192 had a power outage. There were hundreds of people out on the shaded side of the buildings trying to stay cool. I will agree... man, it was hot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom