Favorite Things about DisneyWorld that have Nothing to do with Rides or Food

Iteachwood

Original Poster
I,m wondering what are some of your favorite things about WDW that has nothing to do with Rides or Food. For me some things would be:

Wakeing up every morning to sunshine and warmth ( from RI)
Strolling down Main St and just enjoying the sights,sounds,smells
The warm pleasant evenings under the statrs in the Magic Kingdom
Just the year long planning of the trip

How bout yours?

S

stphnbogert

Mine would have to be just walking around each park and watching all the little kid's faces as they freak out by meeting Mickey or their favorite Disney character.

DisneyPrincess5

My favorite things are the simple things like driving through the Welcome sign, waking up in Disney each morning of the trip, being at MCO, smelling popcorn and listening to the music playing from inconspicuous spots, feeling the warm sun as we are walking along and more!!

epcotWSC

Being with my gal
heart-icon.jpg

Iteachwood

Original Poster
Yeh luv all that stuff. Walking into the terminal at mco, getting onto the Magical Express, visiting the various resorts, having a 10 day vacation and after the first day is gone saying " Well we start our 9 day vacation tomorrow".....25 years going to Disney and still the BEST

doombuggie

I,m wondering what are some of your favorite things about WDW that has nothing to do with Rides or Food. For me some things would be:

How bout yours?

first Im from RI too!! (ill be at WDW tomrrow haha).

My favorite things are all the little nuances..

how they seamlesly transition music to fit the areea...you dont notice when you stop hearing ragtime (mainstreet) and start hearing conga drums (adventureland)

I love how manicured all the grounds are...and how every tree and bush were planned out to where they go.

I love PINK cement...only at disney do they color their pavement

Disney water smell
Disney Air conditioning smell

Where each castmember is from on their name-tag

how the trashcans are themed

...Ill think of more...especially since i will take in some of those things tomorrow through Friday!! (then business part of the trip sat and sundy oo..haha)

Mickey_777

Theming. I'm a theming aficionado. I'd gladly pay $20 just to get in a park and walk around so I can see everything with no access to rides.

The sounds/music...so important plus the smells but I guess that's food related :rolleyes:

Iteachwood

Original Poster
Yeh when you come from RI winters you appreciate the summers in Disney. It gets through the Northeast Winters thinking bout your vacation.

dixiegirl

How bout yours?

Yeah another fellow RIer and I agree with you about warmth and sunshine!
I love just sitting in theparks and taking it all in....Especially during the parades or fireworks..watching the faces of little ones..... or Just walking out of our resort room and feeling the heat ...god I love that!!! Although as a side note, we do have a mainstreet in West Warwick , you'll find the sights and sounds, but on a whole different level, not quite as Magical!!

tampabrad

That feeling I get when I first see the castle for the xxxth time.
The smell of the candy shop
Grabbing a rocking chair and people watching
Getting into a conversation with strangers
Wandering world showcase and looking for the small details

Vernonpush

Theming. I'm a theming aficionado. I'd gladly pay $20 just to get in a park and walk around so I can see everything with no access to rides.

The sounds/music...so important plus the smells but I guess that's food related :rolleyes:

Yes! Themeing and Design. The sense that anywhere you turn, your experience has been designed. The smells and sounds on Main Street that are pumped in as you pass by, looking at architecture of the past. The sights that transform from one "land" to the next (almost) seamlessly. What a marvel of engineering!

Nemo14

Hahaha, yup. :lol: That's a big one.

first Im from RI too!! (ill be at WDW tomrrow haha).

My favorite things are all the little nuances..

how they seamlesly transition music to fit the areea...you dont notice when you stop hearing ragtime (mainstreet) and start hearing conga drums (adventureland)

I love how manicured all the grounds are...and how every tree and bush were planned out to where they go.

I love PINK cement...only at disney do they color their pavement

Disney water smell
Disney Air conditioning smell

Where each castmember is from on their name-tag

how the trashcans are themed

...Ill think of more...especially since i will take in some of those things tomorrow through Friday!! (then business part of the trip sat and sundy oo..haha)

Yeh when you come from RI winters you appreciate the summers in Disney. It gets through the Northeast Winters thinking bout your vacation.

Yeah another fellow RIer and I agree with you about warmth and sunshine!
I love just sitting in theparks and taking it all in....Especially during the parades or fireworks..watching the faces of little ones..... or Just walking out of our resort room and feeling the heat ...god I love that!!! Although as a side note, we do have a mainstreet in West Warwick , you'll find the sights and sounds, but on a whole different level, not quite as Magical!!

Well, anything's better than winter in RI! But I love the theming, the music, and just the whole atmosphere. It's a great escape.

lilclerk

[flash=http://www.youtube.com/v/doGRqUVUzIM?fs=1&hl=en_US]width=480 height=385[/flash]

edit: wow it's a party in Rhode Island over here! :wave:

Tigger#1

I love this thread
There are so many things I love about Disney I can walk around all day and not ride one ride and still have a wonderful time. It's all about the magic and the feeling you in a magical land with no worries.
When I see the castle at the end of main street it's allways like the final thing that says you are realy at Disney again.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Foolish Mortal

Seeing the Welcome sign is a biggie !!! Goodbye real world ! The background loops. Walking for morning coffee knowing most of my co-workers are already at their 1st job of the day. People watching. Talking with people you can tell are true "Disney" fans. Over hearing tons of misinformation or clueless talk on the buses or monorail. Chats with people on bus or monorail...on my most recent trip I had a nice conversation with a guy from Chicago and his kids about how his Black Hawks beat my Flyers for the Cup.

Epic Epcot

Just being at WDW. Before the economy worsened, I've gone on very short weekend trips to the World where my family would just go to the waterparks or spend the day at DisneyQuest while my parents went shopping in DTD. Heck, just being in Orlando is great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom