Favorite Places to drink (responsibly!) in WDW

ArielBelle

Eljay said:
OK, and if there are 11 countries, you're talking $70 or so. Some of the beer servers will accept tips, some refuse them. Cheers!

Being a server myself, I can't imagine refusing a tip! Is this a country policy type thing? Like in Germany, none of them can accept tips?
I can't imagine not tipping (it's a compulsion..i swear!)

FigmentFreak

I think turning 21 calls for a Monorail drink-a-thon. Start at Epcot, drink around the world, catch the monorail to MK, then switch to the resort monorail and hit the lovely bars at each of the monorail resorts.

Very responsible no driving. When you're done catch a bus back to your Disney hotel of choice, or hopefully stay at a monorail hotel.

Eljay

ArielBelle said:
Being a server myself, I can't imagine refusing a tip! Is this a country policy type thing? Like in Germany, none of them can accept tips?
I can't imagine not tipping (it's a compulsion..i swear!)

I'm not talking about inside the pavilions or the restaurants! They definitely do accept tips. I always try to tip the servers at the outside carts and they usually refuse. For example, Rose & Crown pub, they accept. The beer cart outside the pub, no.

ryguy

A Island Sunset from Ohana is a must for my wife and I every Disney trip. Take em to go and watch the fireworks on the beach. Have fun!!:p

slappy magoo

Boardwalk Joe's said:
I like to drink irresponsibly at:

Monorail Drink-a-thon which consists of:
The Outer Rim Lounge (Contemporary) - cool drinks
Tambu Lounge (Polynesian) - pina colada / back scratcher
Miezner's Lounge (GF) - gin & tonic 8)

Boardwalk Drink-a-thon
Belle Vue Room (Boardwalk Inn) - long islands
Big River Grille & Brewery (Boardwalk) - Wowzer's Wheat (great beer!)
Crew's Up (Yacht Club) - Sam Adams big mug! and they have great tasty treats
Martha's Vineyard (Beach Club) - wine flights, they're ok but its a good way to cap it off...
then back to the Boardwalk!

We've tried to do Epcot Around the World, but we usually end up skipping countries because we still have a drink in hand...

Jiko's and California Grill have great wine selections, if you're into that...

and umm I haven't been to the Dolphin or Swan bars but I hear they're good too. Have fun!

Uhhh...what he said.

Manders

Drinking around the World is the best! We sometimes split drinks (or occasionally skip) so we don't get too happy!! If I had to choose one spot as being the best, I'd choose Rose and Crown - awesome atmosphere and you can't beat a black and tan!! Pleasure Island is fun, but we don't always have the energy for a night on the town after all day at the parks!

Pippa

CoffeeJedi said:
What do you like to drink, beer, wine, or mixed drinks?

I love the Adventurer's Club for the story and theming. I could spend an entire night drinking there, forget the rest of PI. They have a few signature drinks that alot of people seem to love.

Oh yes, the frozen adult beverages are fabulous! Try the signature cocktail the "Kungaloosh!"

Captain Morgans Original Spiced Rum
Blackberry Brandy
Orange Juice
Strawberry Juice
Crushed Ice

Delicious! :slurp:

Badger Brent

My top three personally are:
1. World showcase any country. I like to have a couple of beers before RoE and maybe a shot of Jager from Germany.

2. 50's prime time cafe, tasty margarita's and they also have the big tall yard glasses. close second is while waiting for fantasmic and tossing a couple back.

3. Espn club, here is the only place where I had TOO much fun. Put everone to bed at the Beach Club and strolled over to the espn club and shut it down. Rough morning came next, broke my glasses after I stepped on them. And then had to endure AK in the heat with a hangover... I laugh now, but my wife still doesn't think it's funny. ;)

Richie248

My next visit in September will also be my first time at WDW as a legal drinker and I'm excited. I'm not looking to get trashed, but the fact that I can "travel" through World Showcase and sample all sorts of beers, wines etc. excites me! I am also looking forward to some Pina Colada's by the pool!!

I was also thinking, I never see heavily intoxicated people in the parks, I find it comforting that people who visit the world have the decency to stay in control. Does anyone have any encounters of the opposite? I assume Disney does there best to regulate unruley behavior (as they should).

Richie248

MarciMellow said:
We loved the wine in France and there is a great champange in Italy!

Anyone know how much they are a bottle in the shops?

I wasn't aware that they sell wines by the bottle in epcot, I would love to find some great wines to add to my collection, so I am also curious about the price and brands available, I guess I'll have to wait and find out first hand!

CommandoDisney

Original Poster
Richie248 said:
I was also thinking, I never see heavily intoxicated people in the parks, I find it comforting that people who visit the world have the decency to stay in control. Does anyone have any encounters of the opposite? I assume Disney does there best to regulate unruley behavior (as they should).

i dont think its a matter of control i think its more of a matter of at $8 a beer, you run out of money before you can get sloshed!:lol:

captcanada

meryll83 said:
Rose & Crown.
You can have half a yard of ale in one of those cool tall glasses (which you can keep)
Or you can get like a taster set of about 6 mini-pints, all different like guiness etc.
And I had a gorrrrrrrrrgeous beef stew thing there. mmmmmmm!

I have to agree with everything here! :D

blackerbys17

Richie248 said:
I wasn't aware that they sell wines by the bottle in epcot, I would love to find some great wines to add to my collection, so I am also curious about the price and brands available, I guess I'll have to wait and find out first hand!

Well, I don't remember the name of it but we did the wine tasting in Germany and the second wine they served was just perfect! The wines are served in a bitter/dry to sweet order and there are 4 different ones. Just ask about the second wine they serve in their wine tasting. Or better yet, do the wine tasting yourself and pick your favorite! I think each bottle was in the $20s range but I could be wrong. I also hear that Italy has some amazing wines but I haven't tried any yet.

Tell you what, I'll gladly get sloshed this weekend and let you know what I like ok? :lol: Cheers!

blackerbys17

By the way Richie, as for not seeing any drunks at the world, ooh, you should have been at Epcot last Friday. There were a couple of guys in Germany who were sooo wasted that for a moment there, I thought they had let the pirates from POC out for a night of pillaging and plundering! :lol:

They were gone, but not being obnoxious. You could just tell they were having a good ole' time, nothing wrong with that!

CoffeeJedi

LaughingGravy said:
What? No dollar drafts and 10 cent wings in Frontierland?
come on, its WDW, the special would be 4 dollar drafts and 1 dollar wings!

actually, what is the going rate for beer nowadays? a standard draught in Germany or a yard in the U.K.?

Richie248

blackerbys17 said:
By the way Richie, as for not seeing any drunks at the world, ooh, you should have been at Epcot last Friday. There were a couple of guys in Germany who were sooo wasted that for a moment there, I thought they had let the pirates from POC out for a night of pillaging and plundering! :lol:

They were gone, but not being obnoxious. You could just tell they were having a good ole' time, nothing wrong with that!

Sounds like a good time and be sure to throw some back for me!!!

CHEERS!

MKCP 1985

favorite places to have drinks at WDW:

RESORTS:

The bar at the top of the Contemporary, at night.

The bar at the Polynesian, afternoon.

PARKS:

EPCOT is BY FAR the best park for drinks. Of course, no alcohol is served at the Magic Kingdom, and there is nothing particularly special about having drinks at any particular spot at the Studios Park or Animal Kingdom, as far as I am concerned. The truth of that fact gives the WDW President something to shoot for.

Margaritas at Mexico, EPCOT.

A pint of Bass at Rose & Crown, EPCOT

Downtown Disney / Pleasure Island / West End / Boardwalk:

A kungaloosh at Adventurers' Club, Pleasure Island
A Guiness at Raglan Road, Pleasure Island (This is a newcomer to the list!)
Your beverage of choice at the House of Blues, West End - inside or outside, either one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom