Favorite Places to drink (responsibly!) in WDW

LittleLeota

We usually indulge in daiquiri therapy poolside at the Polynesian, whether we're staying there or not. Find an empty hammock or beach chair and listen to the Magic Kingdom train whistle. Nice atmosphere in which to unwind. Used to be able to hear the Haunted Mansion howling hound - is that gone? Am I revealing my age?

Main Street USA

LittleLeota said:
We usually indulge in daiquiri therapy poolside at the Polynesian, whether we're staying there or not. Find an empty hammock or beach chair and listen to the Magic Kingdom train whistle. Nice atmosphere in which to unwind. Used to be able to hear the Haunted Mansion howling hound - is that gone? Am I revealing my age?
Oh, no. The hound is definitely still there. In fact, it remains one of the very first sounds you can hear form the MK in the morning. :)

Yes, drink around the world

I do definitely recommend drinking around the world, however, drink fast! Becuase those countries seem a lot closer together when you have a drink in your hand.

Also, go to JELLYROLLS! It's a bar on the boardwalk. It's a GREAT time! Dueling pianos... ah man, so much fun. I can't wait to go back.

KCBroadway

If you're looking for a good time I would suggest going to Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk. I can't say I've been there (planning to go next week when I'm there), but I went to a dueling piano bar last year in Indianapolis (Howl at the Moon) and it was SUCH A GOOD TIME! It's a great atmosphere to have a few drinks and definitely some laughs. It's a great place to sing-a-long to some great tunes (anything you request actually) and even dance! I'm really excited to check it out. I know that they also have a great dueling piano bar at City Walk in Universal.

Have Fun!!

SewIn2Disney

My favorite clubs at PI are the Adventurer's Club (Kungaloosh!), the Comedy Warehouse (sit on the left hand wall for a chance to be a part of the show), and 8 Trax. I've also seen a lot of people walking around with a drink in a beach bucket, I'm guessing from the Beach Club at PI, but I've never tried it. Beach Club was not one of my favorite clubs there, but to each his own.

Happy Birthday!

CommandoDisney

Original Poster
Boardwalk Joe's said:
I like to drink irresponsibly at:

Monorail Drink-a-thon which consists of:
The Outer Rim Lounge (Contemporary) - cool drinks
Tambu Lounge (Polynesian) - pina colada / back scratcher
Miezner's Lounge (GF) - gin & tonic 8)

haha i like this idea. ill also definitely try to drink around the world in epcot. i really like the idea of drinks on the beach at the poly! im also hopping saratoga has a cool place, because tahts where we are staying. pregame before PI!

8<:-)

Ill usually grab a frozen margaritta and stroll around World Showcase then get a beer at the outpost or thereabout while the family gets ice cream, then we find a nice place for ROE. It's a good way to relax and unwind.

Just don't drink too much or too fast.....:hurl:
Also sometimes HEAT + Alcohol = :hurl:
-thedisneycast

DisneyDellsDude

LittleLeota said:

You could hear the hound from the HM all the way from the Poly?

Too bad I didn't try to do that our last trip!:)

PhilharMagician

SSR has the Turf Club. You can shoot a game of pool or sit out on the deck and look over at DTD while having your drink.

I must say my favoritre spot is Epcot. Go to the Biergarten for lunch or dinner and have on of those big dogs (1 Ltr) of Spaten Optimator :slurp:. No matter what country you are in there is outstanding adult beverages whether it be wine, beer or mixed drinks.

Another great place to go is the California Grill for a Martini or 2 and some Sushi. You can't beat the great view.

banimall

I would recommend the Spaten dark beer in Germany and a black and tan (Guiness and Bass) in the yard glass at England. It looks really cool. You have to go inside to get it but it's worth it. There's a huge selection of beer inside for the same price as the beer outside. They have Birra Morreti if you make it over to Mama Melroses at MGM along with pitchers of beer at 50's Primetime. That's a fun but strange place to get tanked.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Main Street USA said:
Oh, no. The hound is definitely still there. In fact, it remains one of the very first sounds you can hear form the MK in the morning. :)

We used to be able to hear the hound, as well as the guns from Pirates (usually only at night) from our room at the GF. Now all we hear is the train and sometimes the music from the castle stage, but that one doesn't happen all the time. We hear the train all the time.

maelstrom

Get a margarita slush in Mexico. You can get one with all four flavours layered (lime, kiwi, strawberry, mango; this is the "fiesta" margarita). They cost $7.50 but will make you feel good. :)

ArielBelle

Boardwalk Joe's said:
I like to drink irresponsibly at:

Monorail Drink-a-thon which consists of:
The Outer Rim Lounge (Contemporary) - cool drinks
Tambu Lounge (Polynesian) - pina colada / back scratcher
Miezner's Lounge (GF) - gin & tonic 8)

Boardwalk Drink-a-thon
Belle Vue Room (Boardwalk Inn) - long islands
Big River Grille & Brewery (Boardwalk) - Wowzer's Wheat (great beer!)
Crew's Up (Yacht Club) - Sam Adams big mug! and they have great tasty treats
Martha's Vineyard (Beach Club) - wine flights, they're ok but its a good way to cap it off...
then back to the Boardwalk!

We've tried to do Epcot Around the World, but we usually end up skipping countries because we still have a drink in hand...

Jiko's and California Grill have great wine selections, if you're into that...

and umm I haven't been to the Dolphin or Swan bars but I hear they're good too. Have fun!

WOW!! I love this idea!! I have always heard of Drinking around the world..but the monorail sounds like even more FUN!

also...question..how much (on average, i know some people drink more than others) would drinking around the world cost...beer, not wine (don't want to mix)

I'm turning 21 in august and will definitely be even more excited for the Food & Wine Festival (best weekend ever)!

banimall

Each beer is between 5.50 to around 7.50 for a 20oz. It's pretty much the same price for each country. Though I do keep arguing that they need to have a Happy Hour land somewhere in there.

Eljay

banimall said:
Each beer is between 5.50 to around 7.50 for a 20oz. It's pretty much the same price for each country. Though I do keep arguing that they need to have a Happy Hour land somewhere in there.

OK, and if there are 11 countries, you're talking $70 or so. Some of the beer servers will accept tips, some refuse them. Cheers!

PurpleDragon

tink81 said:
I would offer this advice- STEER CLEAR OF THE CHINESE BEER!!:hurl:

Actually Tsing Tao beer isn't bad, if that is what you've tried. It just has a bitter aftertaste, not to distant to the taste of Heineken. Its not bad tho, its light on the stomach so you have plenty of room for more food. :D

But anyway, I'm not much of a drinker either but I would recommend Germany in Epcot. You can either get a huge 32oz beer, or you can do their German Beer Flight, which gives you four glasses of different German beers to taste.:slurp:

RedGear

I have to go with drinking around the world also myself (even though I have never done it, and in August will be my first time to be of age as well!) I don't think that there is any "cool" spot, and drinking isn't cheap, anywhere!!!!

BG Rugger

For fruity drinks I haven't found a place to beat Ohana's at the Polynesian. I definately recommend thew Rose & Crown Pub in the U.K. at EPCOT and Raglan Road Irish Pub. Remember Guinness and porter:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom