Favorite lost TV shows

NobodyBaby

Original Poster
What are your favorite TV shows that had the plug pulled far too soon? Ya know like Freaks & Geeks or Arrested Development.

nibblesandbits

My favorite one is Ed. It was on NBC. It was pulled before it should have been, but they ended it nicely. I just wish they would release it on DVD. I would so buy those! But, so far, nothing.

EpcotServo

Firefly!
:cry:

I also want to see more (and a Region 1 DVD release) of a little-known British show "Garth Marengi's Darkplace"

picture.php

"But there was a still a fog surrounding Darkplace. Only this fog was metaphorical, and wouldn't cause any actual problems."
-Garth Marengi

:lol:

dandaman

New movies aside, mine would go to Futurama. I ended up discovering it in reruns after its cancellation by the Box Network, but y'know... :lol:

I would have said Chuck (NBC) were it not for seeing a commercial an hour ago advertising Season 2. I honestly thought it was lost in the sea of unfortunacy with the WGA thing. :eek:

Disneybird

I had 2 tv shows that I loved.

The first was Homefront. It was based on small town life around the time of World War II. Kyle Chandler was one of the stars. I keep hoping it will some day come out on dvd.

The 2nd show was The Adventures of Briscoe County Jr., starring Bruce Campbell. The actress that played Dixie (Briscoe's girlfriend) was also on Homefront.

TiggerBW

I liked 8 Simple Rules, Allie McBeal, and Boston Public

and going back even further, I LOVED Knight Rider growing up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still do. :)

MaxsDad

Give me more fresh, new MXC!

Its not dep, but sometimes in this world you really need to laugh 'til you cry, cause this world is "deep" enough as it is.

Enough with the CSI's already, Spike. Give it a rest!

GenerationX

Ellery Queen - a great whodunnit from the 70s that gave viewers enough clues to figure out the mystery before the final scene where all was revealed.

Sledgge Hammer! - lasted two short seasons in the 80s. Hysterical.

Freaks & Geeks - lasted one perfect season.

davidpw97

My favorite one is Ed. It was on NBC. It was pulled before it should have been, but they ended it nicely. I just wish they would release it on DVD. I would so buy those! But, so far, nothing.

Ed was freaking awesome. Atleast we got 4 good seasons instead of just one or a partial season like many other shows and they were able to provide a great ending. I've heard it's one of the most requested shows that people want on DVD but getting rights to the music used on the show seems to be a huge problem. Thank God for things like youtube, plenty of Ed clips there. One of my favorite shows of all time.

I would have loved a few more seaons of Alias. I love me some Jennifer Garner, but that show was getting so hard to follow I guess it's good that they ended when they did and atleast got to have a satisfying conclusion.

Hrudey3032

I would say either Get Smart or Police Squad.

I loved the Naked Gun (Police Squad)Movies and they did well at box office so it was hard to believe the show didn't last long.

DormaNesbit

Disneybird you said it...Homefront. I loved that show. It came out when I had my oldest. Another one for us girls was Sisters. I loved the four sisters and their trials and tribulations every week.

Ilovewishes

Being a Brit, I've heard of very few of the ones mentioned so far! For me, it's all about the kids TV shows I watched growing up! Can't believe they don't show half of them anymore!!

The Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Kissifur, The Get Along Gang, Sooty & Co (with Matthew!), Rainbow (with Geoffrey) the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, He-Man and She-Ra and the best of all - Button Moon!!!

My mum bought me a DVD with some of these shows on it for my 21st! What a trip down memory lane that was!!:rolleyes:

I also really miss The Littlest Hobo, Sliders, and Due South! I loved watching them!!

k.hunter30

When I was much younger, I LOVED "My So Called Life." Jordan Catalano... *sigh*

I don't think "Miss Guided" is coming back. DH and I actually enjoyed that show. Only seven episodes, but we thought it was... smart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom