Favorite country in world showcase?

Wikkler

fry.PNG

... I see what you did there.
Fixed.

mergatroid

I really love Japan... It's beautiful, the food is great, and the shop is one of the best in WS. France is a close runner up though. It's beautiful :)

Yes we like Japan a lot also. Mrs Mergatroid can spend ages in the shop there and delights in finding little things to purchase such as purses or small ornaments. To keep me quiet and relatively under control, she always buys me a shaved ice thingy and leaves me with it whilst she shops. We also love that really talented lady who makes the candy animals outside, it's incredible how quickly and effortlessly she can sculpt them,

And when it comes to Illuminations at night, you can't beat dining on fish and chips on an outside table at the UK's Rose & Crown. Last year I made reservations 6 months in advance and messed up by booking for 7:50pm thinking Illuminations started at 9pm. The idea was to be having desert around 9pm when it started, however that evening it was actually a 10pm start. When I told our waiter the mistake I'd foolishly made, he said not to worry, we'll stagger the courses and drinks for you so you're still here for the duration if you wish. It was a lovely 2 1/2 hour leisurely meal with a fantastic view of the fireworks too.

Last edited:

Konor

Germany...Biergarten, Die Weihnachtsecke, nuff' said.

As far as a new world, if its not in the future for AK, what's better than Australia/Oceania?

Mrs.Toad

I tried... really hard. I just can't. I can't pick one. I love them for different reasons….

I have to think how to articulate more so I will go with Norway first and have to come back and do the other ones.

Norway:

1. I love the Disney boat ride water smell in Maelstrom.

2. I love Maelstrom. Period. Queue, that awesome mural, the audio with the cool voice and the awesome accent, the entire ride and atmosphere. The first time being a kid and the silly things that strike you. ME: "Whoah….the boat goes backwards. The kitschy light effects that sparkle which I guess is like a magic spell or something as you go back when the creature is ed.

3. The outdoor seating at Kringla.

4. My dad blowing through the baked goods at Kringla, sprinting to get to the bakery as we entered Epcot or his "baked goods breakfast" to start the day at Epcot. Funny, and great memories. He is totally Mr. Sweet Tooth.

Ben_since_1971

Gold Medal (I'll go with an Olympic theme here) - United Kingdom. Love the theming, the beer, R&C, and the music. Plus I am English and Irish, and my wife is Scottish, so we have that too.

Silver Medal - China. Love the architecture, and I cannot get enough of the film, no matter how old it is.

Bronze - Canada. Great place to start a drinking around the World attempt, Off Kilter, and I love the 360 movie.

Just out of the medals - France - great theme, and I love the soundtrack of their film.

steamboatjosh

France was absolutely my favorite one the last time I visited as a kid. I'm pretty sure it will still be my favorite when I go this year too. I've just always been captivated by that country and WS is definitely the closest I've ever gotten to France.

Can't wait to go there on our Disneymoon! I plan on eating at the France bakery, Chefs de France, and doing the wine tasting at Les Vins de France. I know that it'll be one of the most romantic experiences for us on our trip.

Funmeister's Delight

Because World Showcase is nothing more than a internationally themed mall with only 1 good attraction (American Adventure). It is the main reason why management doesn't care about FW because they make all their money off of World Showmall. I could care less if that entire half of the park burnt down.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Because World Showcase is nothing more than a internationally themed mall with only 1 good attraction (American Adventure). It is the main reason why management doesn't care about FW because they make all their money off of World Showmall. I could care less if that entire half of the park burnt down.
Oh, I thought you had some well-considered reasoning. Just more of the same prattle though....

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Have u ever enjoyed a conversation with the CM's from different countries, tried some of the food from different lands, had a nice adult beverage while enjoying the scenery and seeing SSE across WS LAgoon? If not, perhaps your missing the cultural aspect of WS. Why does it have to be about attractions? (unless your a kid). I rarely purchase items from the shops (except food and beer) and always have a great time at WS.

taz0162

Each country has it's good and bad aspects. It is almost impossible to choose just one. For me it all depends on my mood, what I want to do that day. Each take time to explore and get a good feel for what they are. Some Days Tepen Edo in Japan, others shopping in Germany, or Margaritas in Mexico. I could not go to one country every day. I like treating WS as it's own park and exploring each lands features.

Matt_Black

Have u ever enjoyed a conversation with the CM's from different countries, tried some of the food from different lands, had a nice adult beverage while enjoying the scenery and seeing SSE across WS LAgoon? If not, perhaps your missing the cultural aspect of WS. Why does it have to be about attractions? (unless your a kid). I rarely purchase items from the shops (except food and beer) and always have a great time at WS.

Oh, yeah, even if you don't buy anything, those shops are really neat to browse around in. Plus, WS is full of out of the way nooks to sit down and relax in.

lunchbox1175

This is a tough call, Italy is my favorite place to Eat, Canada has my favorite movie, England has my favorite entertainment (World Showcase Players)....Grail...Grail...Grail. So I would have to break it down that way.

Funmeister's Delight

I don't fly down to florida to talk to people from around the world. If I wanted to do that I'd go back to college.

The Empress Lilly

France was absolutely my favorite one the last time I visited as a kid. I'm pretty sure it will still be my favorite when I go this year too. I've just always been captivated by that country and WS is definitely the closest I've ever gotten to France.

Can't wait to go there on our Disneymoon! I plan on eating at the France bakery, Chefs de France, and doing the wine tasting at Les Vins de France. I know that it'll be one of the most romantic experiences for us on our trip.
I love this!

The real France is one of my fav countries to, and the WS is a lovely representation of it. (Well of what's right about it!)
Must be so romantic to walk there on your Disneymoon!

Fletch

Jeepers, tough question since they all have wonderful qualities. With that said, I have to go with the American Adventure. Is the exterior and grounds the most visually appealing to me ? No. Food and drink ? No. However, I love American history so the content inside is what does it for me. If you look at the whole of WDW it may be the most serious attraction. Of all the countries it is the only one that is critical of itself. Not sure if that is good or bad.

My least favorite is probably Italy. And I am of Italian heritage - go figure.

As far as a country I would like to see added, I think Greece would be interesting. Architecture, cradle of democracy and so on. Australia/NZ would work...Fosters...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom