Favorite country in world showcase?

officialtom

I absolutely love the idea of the Canadian Pavilion (feels like home, Canadian pride, showcasing our culture, etc.). Sadly, it's hardly a representation of our culture. The Circle Vision video is outdated and boring, and the outfits are embarrassing. I'd argue this is all because the Canadian government refused to provide Disney with funding back in the 70s.

On the upside, Le Cellier is delicious and actually really is an accurate taste of home. The music around the pavilion and live on the stage is also pretty great.

Robin Of Loxley

Hard to pick just one favorite country. I guess it depends on my mood.

I love the atmosphere of the garden walkways in China, especially when the heaviest of crowds are elsewhere and you have the area to yourself. Selfish? Sure. But the atmosphere is very serene walking past the pond, fountains & foliage when all is calm & quiet.

Morocco & France are my two favorite pavilions after dark.

American Adventure is by far the most beautiful show on property (imo).

Norway for it's ambience & very detailed (yet highly underrated) boat ride in Maelstrom. Always a must-do for us, as I've always been a big fan of this ride. Don't even get me started on the obscenities & wrath I will unleash if Disney dare give it a Frozen overlay. :mad: There's enough land elsewhere on property for the Snow Queen to dwell without disrupting the awesome that is Maelstrom. Okay, I'm soap-boxing now, where were we...

Italy for the food.

Mexico for incredible ambience, the first part of Gran Fiesta, floating past the restaurant & temples.

Canada for the movie.

It all depends on how I'm feeling as to which WS country is my absolute favorite. Ask me again in 5 minutes & you'll probably get a different answer. I guess that is why WS is one of my favorite sections on Disney property.

Mrs.Toad

Have u ever enjoyed a conversation with the CM's from different countries, tried some of the food from different lands, had a nice adult beverage while enjoying the scenery and seeing SSE across WS LAgoon? If not, perhaps your missing the cultural aspect of WS. Why does it have to be about attractions? (unless your a kid). I rarely purchase items from the shops (except food and beer) and always have a great time at WS.

Italy is totally where I can bust out some rusty Italian. And the CM's always seem to appreciate and get a kick out it, that I try and make the attempt and show joy in doing it.

Leo!

1 -Germany
2 - UK
3 - Japan

I think Spain or Brazil could be a great addition to WS. But, adding Brazil will maybe bring more Brazilian groups... errr...

I think Spain could be a HUGE addition.

mergatroid

Think a Brazil pavillion could be interesting, could certainly provide a great atmosphere.

Can you imagine if somebody off this forum designed it. They' have audioanimatronics of people jumping lines, wearing identical t-shirts, waving flags, clapping incessantly, chanting all the way through, throwing dirty nappies about, urinating in bushes and breastfeeding on park benches. The slogan would be "See what Brazil can bring to you" :)

Tonka's Skipper

Still without question the American Pavilion is our favorite and the best multi media presentation
It funny how people see things differently, I think the American Pavilion is the worst one.

Everyone is entitled to a opinion. the presentation, with its multi media parts is done excellently and provides a really well balanced, but abit short look, at American History and the values we built the country on. Even the ones we have discarded.

AKK

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
1. Germany (beer and best looking babes in WS)

2. France (1664 and second best looking babes)

3. Mexico (cucumber margarita @ La Cava) wifes fav

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom