FASTPASS no longer distributed at the Studios evening Extra Magic Hours

WDWMOM3

Why are some of you opposed to FP? I don't see how it is anything but a "level playing field." Everyone has the option to utilize the FP system. Some people choose not to utilize it, but isn't that your choice? Why would you want to take away that option from everyone?

EpcotServo

Why are some of you opposed to FP? I don't see how it is anything buy a "level playing field." Everyone has the option to utilize the FP system. Some people choose not to utilize it, but isn't that your choice? Why would you want to take away that option from everyone?

Because if I'm coming in the park when I want to visit the park, say Epcot at 6PM, I can't "utilize Fastpass" and have to wait in a line that's twice as long as it would be if Fastpass didn't exsist.

Even if you like Fastpass, which I sometimes do, there's no getting around that it causes an extreme amount of problems for Guest and Cast that would not have to be dealt with.

[Note: not getting into the arguement, just throwing in my two cents]

ncstate7991

_Scar, I have a follow-up question to your question. What does keep a non-Disney property staying guest from staying in a park for EMH in the evening? Do they start checking something and kicking people out? I just haven't seen that before.

FP is great if you ask me. It allows you to be in line for two rides at once ... kind of. Also, you can enjoy other parts of the park instead of standing in line (ie 15 minutes until my FP is due).

I like FP but I am sure Disney does it because we spend more time eating, shopping etc instead of standing in line. Maybe they can make a que line a Disney store.:p Before boarding the ride you check out and your items will be all bagged up and read for you when you get off the ride. Maybe I should not give the bean counters any ideas.

elizs77

_Scar, I have a follow-up question to your question. What does keep a non-Disney property staying guest from staying in a park for EMH in the evening? Do they start checking something and kicking people out? I just haven't seen that before.

Nothing. But they aren't supposed to be able to access the rides. At EMH in the MK on 8/2, I had to show my KTTW before entering any queue.

_Scar

You can't ride anything without a room card

WDWFigment

Good move. Smarter move would be to get rid of Extra Magic Hours, because it serves no good whatsoever.

I'm sure you know this and are just asserting that because you don't like it, but similar to Disney's Magical Express, it gets guests to stay on property and avoid visiting other Orlando attractions.

Now, it may not serve a purpose that you like, but that's a different story.

wcduke

I don't understand

I don't understand why this would be such a good thing. :shrug:

I've never been to DS EMH, nor have I been to DHS since TSMM opened up. So I don't understand what the DS evening EMH current problem is.

Can someone help me understand? :veryconfu

MKCP 1985

So how are the lines usually during EMH hours?

Why are some of you opposed to FP? I don't see how it is anything but a "level playing field." Everyone has the option to utilize the FP system. Some people choose not to utilize it, but isn't that your choice? Why would you want to take away that option from everyone?

In my experience in the Studios park during extra magic hours, with the limited number of attractions that are open, the lines for Rockn Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror were so long that without a fast pass, you could wait in the queue and ride each of those two attractions once and the park would close. That was before the Toy Story midway mania, which I'd hoped would draw away some of the lines for the Sunset Blvd attractions, but apparently it has not. :shrug: Oh, and the Fastpasses run out, so not everyone can have that option, actually.

The upside is that every other open attraction during evening extra magic hours is easy go get in and re-do with minimal waits.

Bottom line - extra magic hours at Studios probably needs more attractions to more evenly distribute the crowds.

the-reason14

From my knowledge they never gave out fastpasses for TSM on EMH. I remember getting one for ToT and seeing ones being distrubuted for Rnrc. But I dont remember them giving out fp for TSM. If they're not, then they should bring back the singles line during emh. Well they should just bring it back period.

EDIT: I think they did actually, but on certain emh nights maybe. I think I remember hearing that they would go out like 30 min or less or something, so they probably stopped. :shrug::shrug:

RSoxNo1

If Fastpass was used at 100% effeciency by 100% of the guests your overall wait time would not change. However it cannot be used at 100% effeciency by 100% of the guests - that concept is impossible. What people oppose is that if they arrive late, or otherwise don't/can't use it (perhaps backtracking around the park is difficult) it makes the lines longer.

Slowjack

FastPass just moves wait times around, it doesn't change the average wait. If everyone uses the system then no one benefits from it. And that's my problem with it. You say some people choose not to use it, but the truth is now that you have to use it to get the same average wait you would have gotten in the pre-FP era. So that means more planning and more strategy sessions. I liked it better the old way. Maybe you like it better now, and that's fine. But it's not a situation where I am trying to take away an option from you that doesn't affect me, because FastPass is doubling the length of the standby line.

EDIT: I should add that this is a good example of what Bastiat called the seen versus the unseen. When you have a FastPass and you skip past the line, you see the wait you have avoided. What you don't see are all the extra little waits up accumulate on all the other rides because of FastPass. So it seems like a total win even when it just breaks even.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom